ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1942 posts

Ubisoft Forward September 2022 | Ubisoft Official (US)

Are you getting pumped up for what might be the biggest disappointment of the year? How bad could it be for Ubisoft to incentivize players with the promise of cosmetics by viewing the event on Twitch?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    2924 posts

@TheNorfolkian

À quel point serait-il mauvais pour Ubisoft d’inciter les joueurs avec la promesse de cosmétiques en regardant l’événement sur Twitch?

Ooops ! corrected :

How bad could it be for Ubisoft to incentivize players with the promise of cosmetics by viewing the event on Twitch?

are the cosmetics for God of War Ragnarök ?,
    if not : well ... nothing to see forward
    😂 😂 😂

• SpirantCrayon22
    2308 posts

for info here it's a Sphinx tattoo set for having it on for an hour

• TheNorfolkian

@SpirantCrayon22 Yeah, I wonder how different it will be from the already existing Egyptian tattoo set we acquired.

Speaking of free stuff... Ubisoft Connect now has all of the AC logo tats available in case anyone missed them during the various weekly Reda quests... along with... AT LAST... the Kenway outfit...

This seems like a good promotion for the Ubisoft Forward event. Now how about more Opals? LoL.

• azullFR
    2924 posts

@TheNorfolkian
    Kenway outfit : I like the idea 🙂
    Not sure I will use it but it's still a nice reminder of Black Flag 🙂

• TheNorfolkian

@azullFR The stats are identical to the other ‘overlay’ cosmetic legacy outfits for Altaïr, Ezio, Bayek, and Basim. It’s cool to look like a pirate when you’re pillaging a monastery... it would be nice to get the Edward haircut to go with it all.

It would be super nice to get that Mayan Isu outfit Edward acquired in AC IV... and have it actually repel projectiles.

• azullFR
    2924 posts

@TheNorfolkian

It’s cool to look like a pirate when you’re pillaging a monastery... it would be nice to get the Edward haircut to go with it all.
    It would be super nice to get that Mayan Isu outfit Edward acquired in AC IV... and have it actually repel projectiles.

100% agree 🙂

• A Former User
    0 posts

I'm cautiously optimistic.
    What I won't do is collect frow watching Twitch, I'll never do that. I think I have a Twitch account but the whole practice is sus af. Everyone want to have as much tracking on us as possible, as many strings attached as possible. Anonymity is soon just a memory around here. It already is, largely. Not that I have anything to hide, it's just omega sus that I can't see the turds observing me; I never see what they collect or who collects it and/or sends it to whom.
    Righteous would be: If you're looking at me, I get to know about it and I can look at you. Also this: If you send me a message, I can send you a message OR I can select that you may not send me a message ever again.
    Message = ANY COMMUNICATION
    I'm so angry that companies are free to spam me sh!t and I can't do anything about it. It's everywhere too and it's getting worse. As if they're entitled to my personal space and time, and as if someone else can strike deals and answer for me. If ANYONE would look at ANYONE, righteous would be that those people knew about it right there and then and could answer for themselves. Don't want commercials on bicycles? Remove it. Don't wanna talk to that annoying guy that you met the other summer? Remove.
    That's what should be done. I get we can't be anonymous for much longer but then no one should be. No companies should be priviledged like this and no private people either. Like if I click azullFR here, he should see I clicked him. He should get to know what information I viewed if he's interested. And he should be able to click me away if he like, so I can't click him anymore. Same with every company. If they wanna send me tampon commercials they better do it the right way or I'm clicking them off and they're never coming back to my space.
    Anyway.. I'm cautiously optimistic. Mirage was a disappointment to me: A Valhalla expansion turned to a retro-style AC? Damn, that's effort that could've gone into Valhalla. They had ideas that would fit better elsewhere. Maybe it's good. But I don't want to learn about that, I want to know about Valhalla or I want the next similar thing to be announced. If that's Mirage, I will be disappointed. I don't really care about anything else but Valhalla. Perhaps this: Skull and bones MELEE addition.. then we're talking.

• A Former User
    0 posts

After my morning political tantrum I'd like to express that I'm now half-pumped, actually. It'll be cool. Mirage might be cool too but I'm a brawler, not an assassin, and old AC is assassination, is it not? It'll be cool though, half-pumped.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2308 posts

@azullFR [pedantry alert] wasn't it the ring that deflected projectiles?

• azullFR
    2924 posts

@SpirantCrayon22
    I just verifyed on a website ( I wasn't sure as it's a loong time ago 😉 )

The Mayan outfit deflects bullets from enemies shooting at you!

I must admit that I even don't remember of any ring in AC Black Flag 🙂

• SpirantCrayon22
    2308 posts

@azullFR could be the armour, yes . . . unless that was III where it was a ring - yes, I was mixing up the two, III has a ring, IV has that armour

• A Former User
    0 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 1999 posts!!! ONE MORE AND WE CAN CELEBRATE 2K! Finally, omg I've been waiting for this exalted moment!
    The apocalypse was certain 1999 by the way, truly a fated number indeed. Fortunately the whole ordeal was averted through the mercy of the lord, or such. We got lucky.. for now.
    Edit: Don't waste this precious post of prophesy on a peasant like me, it has to be something spectacular and worthy! Something everyone will remember and swoon about through the ages!

• azullFR
    2924 posts

@SpirantCrayon22
    III is so far away ... thanks for the reminder 👍

• TheNorfolkian

@SpirantCrayon22 Congrats on post # 2000... cheers! 👍

• TheNorfolkian

The YouTube Livestream is up... the show starts at 3:00PM EST...

• TheNorfolkian

The clip of live-action AC characters was pretty cool, recreating brief moments from previous game trailers. I thought it was weird that they spent the money to create that experience just as an advertisement for Ubisoft+?

The trailer for AC Mirage looked pretty good, but of course, we know better than to judge an upcoming game by its trailer.

I was impressed that they got Shohreh Aghdashloo to voice a character for the game, having seen her performance in The Expanse.

I guess I am not surprised that they announced a Collector’s Edition this early on... it’s the nature of the business, so whatever...

All that aside, I am pretty pumped for the upcoming free content The Last Chapter for Valhalla... that trailer was short, but it gave us a nice hint that we’re finally going to continue with Basim/Loki’s exploration of Eivor’s memories... and maybe at last get the needle moving in the present day storyline.

I am not surprised that Ubisoft is finally doing an AC game set in China during the reign of Qi Shi Huang... even if it is for mobile... but I am SUPER STOKED for the next upcoming major AC title in feudal Japan... like... IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

I am curious what this codename hexe business is about... anyone got clues?

We also got some confirmation that Infinity is a multiplayer platform, but I see they are holding further details close to their chest, but at least we know for certain that the future of AC will still have standalone single-player games.

Edit: For anyone reading this after today... this post was a live check-list of items that was revealed during the AC portion of the Forward 2022 event.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@TheNorfolkian Thank you for the summary, most appreciated.

I'm disappointed there'll be only a free content last chapter. I was hoping for more. And this means this is the end too, and the beginning of something else: Mirage.
    Terrible for me, probably. We'll see.

Edit: Feudal Japan?? So it was Japan then.. cool. I love it. Very much looking forward to it. Then there's more than Mirage. Hope restored.

• Ashelsu
    74 posts

@TheNorfolkian The rumors about Hexe say the setting is Medieval Europe during witch hunt. Lots of mystical elements, dark rituals and horror are expected.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2308 posts

Mirage is £45, £50 for the deluxe version and £130 for the one with the statuette - this is on the Ubisoft site, not on Xbox yet

doesn't say what the "deluxe pack" is, though

"additionnal [sic] content" for Mirage is "Rainbow Six Siege Gemstone Bundle"

I did smile when I read about "smooth parkour" or something on their site; that would be a first, free-running has always had its amusing aspect

I'm expecting these things to be as good as normal (ie, very good) but have low hopes for a bug-free experience and even lower expectations for whatever Reda becomes

Suggested Topics