ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• aryabakh
    Original poster 2 posts

Recently and after the latest update (1.6) I see the enemy or interactive object highlights look kinda stretched (vertically) and is visually dizzying. You can see them in the images below:
    This happens in all game areas. FYI I have the most recent drivers and updates and the graphics are set to highest possible with 1080p resolution.

My PC specs:
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz  3.60 GHz
    RAM: 32.0 GB
    GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 Super

Do you have an idea what's happening here?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-SleepyGoat
    Ubisoft Support Staff 568 posts

Hey there @aryabakh, this thread made me think I had taken my glasses off without realizing, very strange visual glitch here.

Hopefully I can help you get this figured out, and we'll escalate this to the development team for a second opinion if I can't.

Could you grab a screenshot of your "Display" settings in the in-game menu for me? There may be an option I can suggest changing that wont impact the visual fidelity of the game but will fix this stretching on certain effects.

Also, have you noticed this stretching also impacting any UI elements like your health bar, or the ability icons?

Official Response
  • aryabakh
    Original poster 2 posts

Hi @Ubi-SleepyGoat, sure here are the graphics and screen settings:

Also, no there are no problems with the icons and other graphic elements / UI in the game at all.

Screen:

Yeah to your point this feels very dizzying and kinda like you've taken your glasses off. Kinda making the game even hard to look at.

• Ubi-oof
    Ubisoft Support Staff 736 posts

@aryabakh Thank you for following up on this issue! As my esteemed colleague mentioned, we can go ahead and turn off both Motion Blur and Depth of Field as a test. Once that's been done, please check and see if the NPCs still have this visual issue.

If the blurry/stretched effect still happens, we can also knock out the troubleshooting steps in this FAQ article for good measure. Those steps will eliminate most common causes of technical issues and will also help us to further narrow this issue down.

Official Response
  • azullFR
    2858 posts

@Ubi-SleepyGoat
    @aryabakh

just for info, are involved :

1. camera point of view = above the subjet (under the subject gives the same result)
    2. camera zoom = if you zoom-in, at a point, you shouldn't seen anymore the blurry/stretched contour
    3. [post-added] camera distance = the closer the camera is to the subject : the less it's blurry

I suppose that is inherant to some of the graphical calculations made by the game engine
    (tested and verifyed on a PS4 pro / everything up-to-date)

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5291 posts

@azullFR thanks for the information provided.

@aryabakh can you please confirm if the issue persists after following the suggestions provided?

Official Response
  • azullFR
    2858 posts

I suppose that it is the intended Photomode behaviour (the game can't make a 'full gaussian blur photoshop filter', old consoles can't manage it, maybe new ones can't too) ,
    here some examples while changing exclusively the camera distance/subject :
    spoiler tag used to spare some space
    spoiler

Suggested Topics