ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ZaraStocher
    Original poster 9 posts

While building on an RPG map, I have to save a big area as a macroblock to tilt it in freeblock mode.

However, when trying to save the selection of the area in the new update, the game crashes. After a bit of digging around, I also found out that road pieces of normal road, dirt, bumper, ice, and water road crash the game when trying to save them as a macroblock, even if the selection only contains a single block of them. Those blocks though are not present in the original macroblock.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3957 posts
    Best Answer

Hello @ZaraStocher thanks for the reply, our developers believe this will be fixed on the next update, thank you

Official Response
  • speq.
    1 posts

Hey so litereally title i think its because of custom blocks!

pls fix it fast kem i want to build a map with my best friend karlberg

• glocom
    3 posts

I'm facing the same issue. If for example you place the 1-1-1-1 block and try to save it as a macroblock, the game crashes. The generated LogCrash file can be viewed on https://pastebin.com/DRsL93x2: (https://pastebin.com/DRsL93x2)

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1001 posts

@speq Hey there, Welcome to Discussions!

I've gone ahead and merged your thread with another one since you all were experiencing the same issues!

Sorry that your game is crashing when saving custom blocks. Could you confirm that you've completed the steps in this FAQ? If so, would you mind recording a video showing this issue? Once you have a video, please upload it to a website like YouTube (or Google Drive, Twitter, etc) and share the link with us. I would also be curious to know if there are more details you could provide. For example, does this only happen when trying to use a certain type of macro or on a certain type of map/track? More information like this will help us when we need to report the issue to the dev team, as it will help them look into the issue further on their end as well.

Thank you!

@ZaraStocher @glocom Sorry to hear that you both are also having this issue with the macroblocks crashing your games. Please try these steps just in case they help fix this issue. If they don't, could you please record a video as I requested from @speq above? Thank you!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1001 posts
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • ZaraStocher
    Original poster 9 posts

@Ubi-Perseids Thank you for your answer! Sadly, the steps in the FAQ didn't solve this issue. I first discovered this when I was trying to save a big area with a lot of blocks into a macro block. The area I wanted to copy is the first crash shown in the video, but on a normal map and not on the larger custom map base it was originally built in. The second and third crashes in the video happen on a new map, where I only save a single road piece.
    Some other blocks, like Tech Platforms, do not crash instantly when trying to save them as a macroblock, but large quantities will. That's the fourth crash in the video.

I compiled all four crashes into this video:

Additionally, you can find the crash report for the crash with the dirt turn here: https://pastebin.com/Tw90udq8: (https://pastebin.com/Tw90udq8)

• Ubi-Milky

Hello everyone, thanks for providing this video of the various crashes you have experienced and for also providing your crash log when trying to edit with macroblocks, I will forward this to our TM team.

Would you both happen to have a copy of your dxdiag system files that you can send us, or that you can upload to another site, so we may access it? This is a file that our QA team will ask for for any investigation into crashes or bug reports, thank you https://ubi.li/msrxL

Official Response
  • ZaraStocher
    Original poster 9 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Milky

Hello everyone, just another quick update, our QA teams were able to reproduce this issue so your dxdiag's wont be necessary now, thank you. Hopefully, we will be able to fix this macroblock issue in a future update, thank you both for raising this issue and bringing it to our attention - much appreciated.

Official Response
  • ZaraStocher
    Original poster 9 posts

@Ubi-Milky Hi, that's great to hear, thank you!
    I hope so too, let's prayge for a quick fix

• Ubi-Milky
    Best Answer

Hello @ZaraStocher thanks for the reply, our developers believe this will be fixed on the next update, thank you

Official Response

Suggested Topics