ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sa1abajzer
    Original poster 1 posts

I wanted to play again Division 2 about month ago after long time and game just froze and crashed after couple of minutes of playing every single time i started the game. I have 2 maxed characters from before and started new one. But it was unplayable so i uninstalled the game. Did they fixed freezing and crashing on pc? Or maybe they intend to fix it in near future?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Imagine_Brata
    887 posts

I don't know, because I almost never have problems with crashes ,
    i might have 1 to 2 crashes for every 100 hours i play. and I have over 5000 hours in the game in total

• suschunga
    612 posts

From the known issues board:

• cidered74
    10 posts
    Did they fixed freezing and crashing on pc?

No.

Or maybe they intend to fix it in near future?

They may well have the intent, but without the competence to fulfill that intent it's worthless. More likely is that they will tell you they are going to fix it or have fixed it and the game will still crash.

• suschunga
    612 posts

As Yannick said on the live stream, the fixes might address crashes for some people, but not for you.

I've not had any crashes since TU16, but have had some delta errors. Clan mates are still experiencing crashes.

• PT_Frizzer
    124 posts

The crashes continue. They only fix what get some advantage to players.

• As1r0nimo
    393 posts

To be fair, after TU 15.1 I had exactly zero crashes or freezes. In long sessions too (3+ hours).

Although, in the Downtown area, near the the DZ wall I have some weird lighting glitch on a small area on the ceiling, but that's it.

• Rodnaz
    88 posts

@As1r0nimo

I was gone several months & on return it crashed a lot after updating & all. Come to find out my settings had been changed & not by me. The graphics was set way to high & my PC could not handle the load. I am now & was very aware of graphics settings. I run appx medium graphics settings.

• Disco-Shu
    2 posts

Crashed within 2 mins of getting into game world. Ran up to Manny cutscene, crashed!

• Gunrunner-4
    3 posts

If you are curious run a countdown. If you make it through it without half your team or yourself dcing buy a lottery ticket. Game is unplayable.

• Mikken.
    31 posts

when alot of people having crashes in the pass I never have crashes in this game, but with the tu 16 is literally impossible to play the game, the game crash get me on the destop with freeze screen and need to close the game process... idk how tf is taking so long time to this guys to fix this trash?

• SuspiciousPixel
    588 posts

@Sa1abajzer That's a big negative. People still crashing in Countdown and Open World

• R0aringD0nkey
    1 posts

wow id love it if my game crashed but i cant even load it up , game hangs then i verify files which has about a 50/50 chance of sorting the issue , today though its telling me to download after i verify files and it procedes to download 36 gb lol , then it all happens again like a vicious circle. Games gone mental for me since the pts was released . also i have massive memory leaks but only on this game which seems to cause the hanging issue, pretty much locks up my comp till i reboot.

• LionStellar
    11 posts

Hello,

Unfortunately crashes and random freeze's are still present after this update. I think devs didn't meant to fix them entirely with this update anyways, I think. We have to wait more. As you can see on the video I've posted this random freeze happened in the Countdown. Today I crashed at the beginning in first 30 mins of game time, but after that I didn't crashed, and I'm 5 hours in the game. Sometimes I do crash 3 times in a row, if I can say like that, then I don't crash for 5-6 hours. But often I get these freeze's then crashes to desktop, although I was getting ctd as well, and I was getting them more in this new update. I don't have any other solution but to end task from task manager. Also when that freeze happens in the game, I get this screen which is on the video. It's like the loading screen of the game. I also asked people in the game chat, they were also getting lot's of these freeze's.

Video link:

• NAiL3DY0U
    2 posts

dont think so i cant even log on most of time i get bravo 04 error all the time

• Nerfed-Again
    70 posts

Of course they did....not

Try deleting/purging the shader cache but make sure you have your browser and and game closed or the shaders won't purge. Some shaders won't be able to be purged (ones tied to windows explorer) You can keep your browser open if you are no too worried about deleting those shaders tied to it.

I found my shaders here: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Tom Clancy's The Division

But they can also be found in any of these locations, you will need to write them down and type them into your Windows File Explorer location bar unless you feel it's not worth deleting the browser shaders then copy and pasting them.

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Tom Clancy's The Division 2\ShaderByteCode\

%PROGRAMDATA%\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache

%LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\GLCache

%LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\DXCache

%APPDATA%\NVIDIA\ComputeCache​

%LOCALAPPDATA%\D3DSCache

This method has gotten me to an hour of gameplay without a crash, i had to do other stuff so i couldn't test for longer but before i deleted my shader cache i couldn't manage to get 10 mins gameplay. Also update your GPU i updated my RTX to the latest driver.

• PT_Frizzer
    124 posts

Since TU16 crashes continues, less than before but today in summit in half an hour 2 crashes. They only fix things that in some way benefit the player.

• Avalanche81
    36 posts

@Imagine_Brata

Consider yourself lucky my friend, my pc version crashes randomly, it can be 100s of hours of play and nothing and then another time, 5mins and bam...crash....load back up.....10mins later...bam crash.

Console version however.....has yet to crash, though i am likely going to move on from this game, the recent season is basically (if i want to do the manhunt, is forcing me to do difficulties i do not like....Challenging for the bounty mission.......I never, EVER go higher than normal, 9/10 the higher difficulty doesn't net any benefit, it just feels like challenging for challenge sake, i find that pointless, i don't play for challenge, i play for fun and its not fun when i get the same rewards on normal or challenging and challenging is insanely more difficult.

But that is changing the subject, overall, console version, which is the PS5, has yet to crash after since i bought it.....so its something in the PC version's coding, i am betting the anti-cheat software, which the console versions do not have.

• Traumahawk
    174 posts

@Imagine_Brata Wow. What a helpful and contributing post.

• SuspiciousPixel
    588 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics