ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• gearsmonger
    Original poster 49 posts

I played the full game on release and haven't played any DLC. I put the game down after I beat it because it put a mostly sour taste in my mouth with the exception of the Asgard bits and a couple select standout side quests. And the river raids were all the exact same. Is there anything new in the game now? Gameplay, story, or quality of life stuff for the main game? I did the Odyssey tie-in, is there more?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• teh_greg
    96 posts

There are some new things like:

• Mastery Challenges - very hard set of missions with predefined gear and abilities. There's some self-contained story for them and new gear to be earned.
    • Tombs of the Fallen - some dungeons with fairly easy puzzle/platforming elements. Keep in mind that the story for that is unfinished and we'll probably be getting the resolution with the upcoming The Final Chapter free DLC.
    • The Forgotten Saga - roguelike mode that is tied to the Odin storyline. This is by far the best of the additions and the gameplay is super refreshing. There are also some new rewards for the base game to be earned by completing this.

As for QoL, the most notable is Armoury which allows you to switch loadouts with one click.

I think if you weren't too convinced with the gameplay so far, nothing that has been added will satisfy you because it's basically more of the same.

• XBL_Laberbacke
    642 posts
    As for QoL, the most notable is Armoury which allows you to switch loadouts with one click.

Which first makes your life worse quite a bit by the amount of foreign supplies you have to farm in River Raids. I stopped after getting a second slot out of five/six or so

• TheNorfolkian
    1908 posts

@gearsmonger Keep an eye out for the upcoming Last Chapter, which appears to be the final release of free content and will presumably include story content after the end of the main game’s storyline in regards to Eivor’s burial site in Vinland. We may finally get some resolution that we never received from all the expansions and other free content.

Suggested Topics