ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• I3eard_of_War
    Original poster 549 posts

As the title says its locked behind the Invasion stuff.
    I'm willing to do it this once to "unlock the Legendary difficulty".
    But I'm not gonna do that every week.

I want to play this Legendary whenever I want!!!
    And not first do 3 missions and a stronghold on Heroic to unlock it (every week).
    Keep that stuff for Story till Heroic Mode!!!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• N3mB0t
    1239 posts

@DutchLMB4ever

cant you just toggle it to normal mission like we do with all other invadeds?

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

@DutchLMB4ever

I definately agree. One shouldn’t be forced. Why are they doing such annoying things all the time?

Personally I do not care about Legendary but I want to play the “new“ legendaries at least one time but I definately do not want to be forced to do the invaded missions with all that robot stuff.

• AngryPandaNr1
    94 posts

@N3mB0t
    I can confirm that it's locked as well. You can't change it as Tidal Basin is (always) invaded by default. If you change it, it goes to the Manhunt Hornet mission.

• V4MPiR1
    353 posts

@DutchLMB4ever I completely agree.

• Johnny.D
    32 posts
    Manning zoo is also locked. hahah

• Noxious81
    1257 posts
    Manning zoo is also locked. hahah

The zoo worked just fine. But I can also report that Tidal Basin cannot be activated in legendary difficulty before having cleared the Invasion. This should be changed so that legendary difficulty will always be available.

Btw:
    Completing Tidal Basin on legendary difficulty simply should not be considered a part of the weekly Invasion (like the "normal" Tidal Basin always is) – and thus of course also should not clear the weekly Invasion.

• S.N.A.K.E_D0K
    4 posts

@N3mB0t No, you can't. Right now to play it you must clear the Invaded Missions before you get access. If this is by design, then someone needs to be fired. I'm hoping that it's an oversight and will be fixed in the next update. Similar to missing secondary stats on chest pieces...an oversight.

• N3mB0t
    1239 posts

@S-N-A-K-E_D0K

the studio should change their name to MASSIVE OVERSIGHT.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3957 posts

Hello everyone thank you for the feedback on this.

To quote our recent patch notes > 'With Season 10 you also get to challenge yourself and your builds against Legendary Difficulties which will become available for Strongholds Tidal Basin and Manning National Zoo.'

I will reach out to our Division team to check if needing to complete the invasion is necessary each week to gain access to the new Legendary difficulties on offer.

Official Response
  • ArthurFriend
    178 posts
    I will reach out to our Division team to check if needing to complete the invasion is necessary each week to gain access to the new Legendary difficulties on offer.

Thank you! I also think this should not be needed. Just like the manhunt mission at tidal basin, the legendary mission should always be available. It should not be locked behind the whole invasion and it therefore upon completion should not remove the invasion from the map. Let it be just a regular stand-alone legendary mission, please.

• V4MPiR1
    353 posts

@Ubi-Milky

The only logical conclusion is that it was improperly configured. As others have stated above, Legendary missions are separate and distinct from weekly invasions and accesses thereto are thereby noncontingent upon any degree of completion of said invasions.

• Ubi-Milky

Hello everyone, I received an update from our Division team this morning, they told us that yes, it is working as intended, all players will have to unlock the mission Tidal Basin each week again as part of the weekly invasion, to then take part in the Legendary difficulty

Official Response
  • I3eard_of_War

@Ubi-Milky
    This does not make sense at all, that means we shouldn't be able to play all the other Legendary mission's (when they are invaded) as well.
    Which we can by holding triangle (on PlayStation).
    IF this really is intended...

This better gives 30 exotic components every week it resets, because not a lot of people will do Tidal again...
    (And that should be besides the weekly Exotic cache.
    Which should also change to a Exotic cache for EACH Legendary instead of just 1 per week)

• Noxious81
    1257 posts

@Ubi-Milky

(...) they told us that yes, it is working as intended, all players will have to unlock the mission Tidal Basin each week again as part of the weekly invasion, to then take part in the Legendary difficulty

This is bad news. And it's inconsistent as well – because no other legendary stronghold needs to be unlocked or is a part of the Invasion. Even this week where the zoo is the Invaded stronghold, we can freely choose to instead play the legendary version. No unlocking needed.

While I do see that the regular Tidal Basin mission, with Wyvern as boss, is always treated as an invaded mission, the legendary version does totally not fit into the "lore" of the Invasion: we do not do anything related to the Invasion (killing Wyvern, saving the White House, getting the anti-virals and extracting them etc. pp.), so it's absolute nonsense that it a) has to be unlocked via all invaded missions and b) ends the current Invasion of DC.

Legendary Tidal Mission has to be treated like a separate mission, available at any time. Just like the manhunt for Hornet.

• V4MPiR1
    353 posts

@Ubi-Milky
    I strongly advise this issue be escalated to the appropriate manager for redressing.

Dutch and Nox's above responses are merely the tip of what will be met with universal player condemnation and disincentivized replayability.

The right thing to do is to reconfigure Tidal Basin Legendary such that access is consistent with all other legendaries.

• Ubi-Milky

Thank you for sharing your concern everyone. As this is confirmed by our game team to be working as intended, we can no longer consider this a bug report, so I will move this post to our General Discussion area for our community team.

Please continue to share how you believe this affects your game and thoughts on this exception in this thread.

Official Response
  • Whiskytex
    82 posts
    Thank you for sharing your concern everyone. As this is confirmed by our game team to be working as intended, we can no longer consider this a bug report, so I will move this post to our General Discussion area for our community team.

Please continue to share how you believe this affects your game and thoughts on this exception in this thread.

I'm willing to bet that in the near future, some devs will run a report, and then ponder why Tidal Legendary is so underplayed...

• I3eard_of_War

@Ubi-Milky
    Oke, so...
    My team and I can't do Legendary Tidal Basin because we have to complete the Invasion first.

Which we don't wanna do, as those mission's are Heroic and lower only.
    Which we don't like to play, as they are too boring/easy for us.
    Hence why we (and players like us) requested more Legendary mission's.

We didn't want more Legendaries, so we would be forced to play lower tier content first.
    We wanted more Legendaries, to play more Legendaries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Another thing about (the next couple of) Legendaries.

They need to have something exclusive
    Like an Exotic('s) and/or Outfit('s)
    Not (only) a backpack trophy nobody looks at.

Already made a topic for that
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/173193/if-we-do-get-more-legendaries?lang=en-US

• Berluscony
    32 posts
    Hello everyone, I received an update from our Division team this morning, they told us that yes, it is working as intended, all players will have to unlock the mission Tidal Basin each week again as part of the weekly invasion, to then take part in the Legendary difficulty

HAHAHAHAHAH you are a joke

Is working as intended, yes, of course It Is.
    So in the next patch you Will put the weekly exotic cache locked behind tidal Basin Legendary. Ignoring that anyone can unlock It playing all invasion on Easy mode.
    And that someone Who unlocks tidal Basin (on Easy mode) can even start a Mission, and invite others Who don't have it unlocked and eventually leave to make room for a full 4 group.

Working as intended, yes, like a fork with a soup.

Suggested Topics