ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Vukotlak1000
    Original poster 1 posts

So i am playing this game for 40 hours or so. I put on the highest difficulty possible but disabled scaling of the enemies. I like a challanging game and i like to feel real progress when i get more lvs and gear and so i thought this was the best solution.

I am at lundon now with a power lv of 160. My dmg on each normal blow was roundabout 30-35 all the time. And i thought it never raised cause the enemies grow stronger as well.

There was a strong mob in an early zone for power lv 90. When i first fought her with lv 50 she kicked my [censored]. So i thought i come back later. Then visited her again with lv 90. I still do barely any dmg roundabout 30 still. I came back with power lv 160 and i still deal rounabout 30 dmg.

On top of that i found a 1 handed hammer in lundon. It does 90 dmg. I was playing melee and used a 2 haner all the time that has fully upgraded 150 dmg. So i would assume my 2 hander does more dmg as the hammer. But surprise surprise my hammer does 40 dmg on a normal mob and my sword 35. Then i started experimenting with different options. Put on lv scaling. And no matter how i turn it. I allways do kinda the exact same dmg no matter what except if i am under the power lv of the enemy.

So in short. It seems it makes no realy impact what skills you learn or even if you upgrade your weapon. And the moment i realised that my pleasure with the game drops a bazillion times. Like holy crap this is frustrating. Is this a bug? Is this intendet. Why have a fkn large skill tree as well as upgradable gear if it is fkn pointless. What do i not get here?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• teh_greg
    97 posts

It's always been like that. Stats are busted. The only thing that matters in the long run is the power level. With time you will overpower enemies even without upgrading the gear.

Stats tinkering and theory crafting is a waste of time. Yeah, it will increase your stats but there is no difference in dealing 90 damage vs 95 damage when it all boils down to "if a weapon X can defeat an enemy with Y number of swings". So time to kill still stays the same because you still need to swing your axe 3 times to defeat a grunt.

I can equip a set that gives a flat + 50 damage to see that it doesn't change a thing.

Rune stacking is worthless. Some runes have so small increments that you can consider them to not work at all. For example there is a rune that is supposed to reduce your stamina usage when dodging. I equipped the greatest version of the rune in all slots to see no improvement at all. I could still do the same amount of dodges before my stamina ran out.

The way that some runes work is unclear. Adding runes to melee can have an impact on the bow and vice versa.

It's been like that from day 1. The only improvement you can see is in the forgotten saga mode because there it actually feels as if your are gaining power with progress.

• vassalpoteto
    62 posts

@Vukotlak1000 Its an intended bad game design. Yes

• Freestepper
    183 posts

This makes you appreciate AC Odyssey even more.

• Fer45tr3r
    7 posts

@Freestepper does AC Odyssey have a better gear system? I haven't played it yet, but I'm excited to once I've finished Valhalla

• Freestepper
    183 posts

@Fer45tr3r Yes, it does. The only worse thing in Odyssey from Valhalla is that you are collecting gear all the time from defeated enemies which fills your inventory and you have to dismantle them or sell them regularly. But the engravings (runes in Valhalla) you add to the gear does make difference and at the end of the game, you can create a killing machine from your character.
    And even though you can get overloaded with gear as you are collecting them all the time, i actually like this way of collecting gear better than in Valhalla, because in Valhalla, you always find the same gear on the same places, but in Odyssey, the what you find from your enemies is procedurally generated, except for some special gear.

• Polyedra
    123 posts

It was fun collecting the gear in Odyssey, perfecting gear was a big part of the endgame. Guess it actually was the endgame.
    But it wasn't about finding gear.. You won't find anything, too low chances for that. You was buying at the shops, that's how it was done. Fairly annoying.

• Freestepper
    183 posts

@Polyedra Why too low chances? I was never buying from shops. I got everything from enemies. And i was able to get what i wanted pretty easily. At first i was after the pirate gold set that adds 50% more damage for assassin skills, added crit chance and crit dmg from engravings and that alone made you kill everything easily. Then at the end, i collected purple gear with assassin and crit dmg and chance on it and just added more crit dmg from engravings and every boss or mercenary dropped very quickly if not in one hit.

• Polyedra
    123 posts

@Freestepper The best things are epic things, the purple items. Each piece need to have a specific stat to sew it all together and it takes time to perfect. The shops have many more items than you get from enemies so it's easier to get the perfect things from there.
    When you're fighting 3 mercenaries and a whole fort it's easy to slip and get killed, so I recommend damage reduction. Gotta max the probability to get half damage, that's the first one you have to get. Then it's both melee and elemental. But the trick is to get as much crit and crit damage to go with this for maximum possible damage. It's specific what is needed for each piece of gear.
    It was fun getting all that but once completed it was the end of the game also.

• Polyedra
    123 posts

I want to say that the stats do have effect, by the way. It's just that the more stats accumulated the less effect they have so a diamond rune might give you something like a 5% improvement in effectiviness which is not very noticable.
    I think I had about 300 melee damage together with 150 light and heavy damage and a 150 attack, something like that.. 50 melee damage on that will only improve damage by 8% which matters but is no mega smasher.

Suggested Topics