ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• topic_solved Game crash on start up. I DID EVERYTHING!

0 likes/8 replies/548 views
    Midz10
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 7

Game would crash on start up. Here are the things I tried.

1- Reinstalled game.
    2- reinstalled windows,
    3- reinstalled Ubiconnect.
    4- started the game on clean boot.
    5- started the game offline.
    6- used DDU and reinstalled NVIDIA drivers.
    7- Tried with XMP off and on.
    8- Deleted game settings ini

This thing happened to me with Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction too. That game never launched for me since release.

But Siege was working and suddenly started to crash on start up every time I launch it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-oof
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 1050
    Best Answer

@Midz10 Boom! That's just what I needed to hear. 🐙

I was able to look at the system files that you provided and I made sure to review the notes from previous agents that have been assisting you. Several things in your system files stood out that could be contributing to this launching problem. To proceed, I would like to complete some additional troubleshooting to see if we can eliminate a few more possibilities and further narrow down what is causing Siege to not launch. With the previously completed steps in mind, please continue with these:

• Confirm there are no unnecessary background processes running via your Task Manager
    • As a test please disconnect all unnecessary peripherals, VR equipment, cameras, monitors, etc.
    • Revert the refresh rate on the remaining monitor to its native settings
    • As a test can you try reverting your driver version to 516.59 or earlier (if this doesn't help with the crash, you can update your drivers again)

For good measure, I'd also like to complete a DISM Scan:

1. Open your Command Prompt by typing cmd in the Start Menu
    2. Run the Command Prompt as administrator
    3. Copy and paste this command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    4. Press Enter and wait until the scan is complete
    5. Once done, restart your PC

After all of those are completed successfully, try launching Siege as an admin directly from the .exe file as an extra measure. If Siege doesn't launch, please create and upload new system files to your support case for me to review further. I'd like to see what has changed with these steps. Please be sure to save your new MSINFO file in the .nfo format as well. I do apologize for the frustration this problem has caused and I'll be happy to assist you further until we get this sorted out!

official-response
  • Ubi-oof

Hey @Midz10, thank you for reaching out! I appreciate you taking the time to complete all of that troubleshooting on your own. For good measure, let's make sure all of the steps in this FAQ article are completed. If you're still unable to launch either game after those are done, please open a new support case for this issue with your DxDiag and MSINFO files attached. I'd like to take a closer look and see if anything else stands out that could explain why you're having these launching issues with Siege and Extraction.

official-response
  • Midz10

@Ubi-oof

I have a case opened since Wed, 21 Sep. #17077566.

Also I downloaded Ghost Recon Breakpoint and it also crashes when launched.

• Ubi-oof
    Best Answer

@Midz10 Boom! That's just what I needed to hear. 🐙

I was able to look at the system files that you provided and I made sure to review the notes from previous agents that have been assisting you. Several things in your system files stood out that could be contributing to this launching problem. To proceed, I would like to complete some additional troubleshooting to see if we can eliminate a few more possibilities and further narrow down what is causing Siege to not launch. With the previously completed steps in mind, please continue with these:

• Confirm there are no unnecessary background processes running via your Task Manager
    • As a test please disconnect all unnecessary peripherals, VR equipment, cameras, monitors, etc.
    • Revert the refresh rate on the remaining monitor to its native settings
    • As a test can you try reverting your driver version to 516.59 or earlier (if this doesn't help with the crash, you can update your drivers again)

For good measure, I'd also like to complete a DISM Scan:

1. Open your Command Prompt by typing cmd in the Start Menu
    2. Run the Command Prompt as administrator
    3. Copy and paste this command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    4. Press Enter and wait until the scan is complete
    5. Once done, restart your PC

After all of those are completed successfully, try launching Siege as an admin directly from the .exe file as an extra measure. If Siege doesn't launch, please create and upload new system files to your support case for me to review further. I'd like to see what has changed with these steps. Please be sure to save your new MSINFO file in the .nfo format as well. I do apologize for the frustration this problem has caused and I'll be happy to assist you further until we get this sorted out!

official-response
  • Midz10

@Ubi-oof

1- Uninstalled Oculus VR software and unplugged 2nd monitor and everything else and only kept the keyboard, mouse and headset. (the game used to work with all these devices and programs before)
    2- Used DDU to uninstall Nvidia drivers, restarted and installed the 516.59 version.
    3- Did the restore health command and restarted after to a clean boot with only Windows services using msconfig.
    4- Start Siege as an admin and it crashed.

Will update the case with new files in a min.

Unnecessary background processes are closed:

• Ubi-Havoc
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 450

Hi @Midz10 thanks for the swift update. As one more test could you temporarily disable the Ubisoft Connect overlay?

1. Open the three-line menu in the top left corner of your screen. 
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Under the General tab, uncheck Enable in-game overlay for supported games.

official-response
  • Midz10

@Ubi-Havoc Its always off in Ubiconnect and for steam overlay too as soon I installed them. I have a feeling it has to do with Ubiconnect since I tried multiple ubisoft game like Siege, Extraction, Break point and they all crash. None Ubisoft games work fine.

• Ubi-Cintre
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 943

Hey @Midz10, thanks for your answer.

I have answered in your case so that you can continue the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know if you have more questions.

official-response

Suggested Topics