ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Irishoholic
    Original poster 1 posts

Hi team, not a bug but a suggestion for potential future updates.

Can we have a feature that would allow for only a certain number of save games exist under each the player folder (ex. 10, 25, 50, 100) without the requirement for manual maintenance of the Save Games folder. Every autosave creates a new 15mb file for me. I know it can be changed to autosave every hour, etc.. but it will still leave the player with the same dilemma that at somepoint they'll have to do some maintenance to free up some disk space.

I've been playing the same map since the games released and watched my world evolve through each season update. At the time of writing this, my Save Games folder for was 13,000+ saved games tottalling 131GB and thats before I clean up my other profiles (campaign missions).

If this feature already exist, please can someone tell me where as I cannot see it under the settings.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asterix201252
    453 posts

The feature doesn't exist and you certainly aren't the first person to ask for it. I think there are several other threads on here about this.
    It really shouldn't be a problem to be able to place a limit on the number of autosaves. Every other game I play other than Anno series either imposes a limit (such as 10 or 25), or allows you to set one.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3957 posts

Hello @Irishoholic, thank you for your sharing your thoughts and ideas on changes you would like to see made to saving games.

I will move this thread to our player General Discussion section of the forum to see if there are other players who would like to contribute to this topic, so it can be seen by other players discussing the current gameplay, and also our game devs.

If you have any more feedback about the game, please make sure to post this in our General Discussion area of the forum, as the Player Support section is more for bug reporting and technical issues, thank you!

Official Response
  • Vinyard14
    2 posts

This would indeed be a great QoL improvement. Just like OP, I find myself playing a very long game. Even when selecting the longest auto-save period of time (30 minutes IIRC), these save files eventually stack up pretty fast and I have to remember once in a while to clean up my saves folder to avoid clutter and free up disk space.

It would be great if this would be handled by the game (just like OP proposed) without the need to manually go through the saves folder deleting autosave files.

Suggested Topics