ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hralex1951
    Original poster 229 posts

I have resumed playing the original strongholds since they are fun to play and the new ones are the polar opposite, especially the garbage at the end. Good luck getting a match game for zoo or tidal because no one is playing them and little wonder. I think this is a giant middle finger salute from Massive for complaining about their game. Definitely made me sure to boycott anything they make in the future.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SuspiciousPixel
    588 posts

@hralex1951 Tidal Basin yellow boxes will be fixed in a future update but I enjoy the new Legendary missions. The problem is that random matchmade players only seem to have drone and turret cookie cutter builds and nothing else. With some patience it can be completed with these kinds of builds but it takes a long time. If you are struggling to complete them then join a decent active clan for your platform.

• hralex1951

@SuspiciousPixel
    Could you send me an invite the next time you do one of these Leg strongholds? I would like to see how your clan addresses the challenges. My gamer tag is hralex69 I'm on every night on US east. Thanks.

Has anyone succeded in doing one of these in solo?

• SuspiciousPixel
    588 posts

@hralex1951 I'm not in a clan and most of my friends and I have left the game and only come on when there is something new.
    I don't see any replayability in the raids. There is no new exclusive exotic to acquire, no random white tusk apparel items to chase and no new commendations. As for the weekly Legendary project rewards for an exotic, it's much quicker to just do Countdown and use the credits.

• Deltikcz
    16 posts

@hralex1951 manning solo and with random group matchmaking

• Noxious81
    1261 posts
    (...) The problem is that random matchmade players only seem to have drone and turret cookie cutter builds and nothing else. (...)

After having cleared both new legendaries several times with clan members, I wanted to see what's happening when matchmaking. And I too had to find out that the vast majority of players brought the AFK-build. Which in some stages of the new missions is particularly useless. When for example trying to do the very first phase at Tidal Basin, the skill build players always wiped first, flanked by any kind of enemies but especially Warhounds. They absolutely had no idea what to do with rushing targets or what targets or weak points to focus. No matter whether you try to support them with a healer or a CC or a DD, it was always the same. Recommending to use other builds or giving hints how to prevent enemies from flanking in nearly every case resulted in the skill build players leaving the group...

This is by the way a lot of players struggle with the HP of the generators at Tidal Basin: they just sit and wait in a corner of the map and wait for their skills to kill the gens. Of course this will take ages. Additionally, they often fail to kill the adds first to then take down the gens – because they sometimes do not even know how to order skills to attack specific targets. So they either will not be able to exit combat to use a damage loadout against the gens, or they just do not have a DPS build.

• rashbak101
    114 posts

@Noxious81
    I cannot comment on your particular experiences but re Tidal Basin legendary I have cleared it several times with random agents using skills - yes drone and turret.
    I enjoy the challenge of playing with random groups - maybe because, apart from the 2 recent legendaries, I have played the missions ad nauseum and now it is not about completion - just having fun.
    If folks don't enjoy playing with random agents then I suggest they stick with their clan or friends list.
    Cheers.

• hralex1951

I used my "cookie cutter" skill build to beat Manning and got to the last part of Tidal, then all the DPS boys quit.
    I'd like to know what hacks the cheaters used.
    I am playing match all the time and it is very empty. No one is playing the new garbage Leg, you can get people to join on the old ones which are fun to play, but it takes time, most players have left and the crashing has a lot to do with it.

• PhantomPraetor
    14 posts

I actually enjoy the new Legendaries. They are "difficult" and new. I also use a skill build (turret + artificer) almost exclusively. It took me a while to hone this build in the other Legendary missions. It will actually melt the chungas in 2 1/2 clips and will destroy drones before they get to me. Yes, it can take longer with skill builds. Especially (as another person commented) if the player doesnt know how to use it effectively (i.e placement of skills, targeting, etc.). However I would state that the same is true for players rushing in at wrong times or not knowing how to use their other non-skill builds.

I also don't mind the random matchmaking as I am now clanless (left the clan I was with). I get to see other builds and how they are used (good and bad). That said, I have the multiple builds necessary for Legendary/Raid content and will switch when needed, suggested or asked to do so. I havent' had any trouble matchmaking for either mission (Xbox One) except for the Zoo - one time. I usually get a team in under 5 minutes.

• hralex1951

On pc there is no match play for these.

Suggested Topics