ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• D-A-R-N
    Original poster 70 posts

Changing this will essentially kill summit for the vast majority of players that use the instace there will be little or no reason to go at all...

Farming xp like this does not break the game nor does it give anyone an advantage so nerfing it makes zero sense it will only anger the majority of the player base.

I am an admin of one of if not the largest oceanic Div 2 battalions and most of our players are amazed at the lack of forethought on this decision some are even contemplating walking away from the game due to the dev's seemingly trying to push away players with idiotic decisions like this.

Players want a fix to the constant crashing and game effecting bugs not a nerf to a game mode that is not needed in any way lets face it this change is to placate a few whingers on the forum and will end up costing you many more players in the long run!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3127 posts
    Best Answer

Heya folks,

I'll leave this thread open, but please keep further discussion on-topic, and free of personal attacks.

Personal attacks, what is often called flaming, are not permitted on this forum. Please note that this applies to responding to flaming with further flaming - we view this as equally as bad. Any further personal attacks or flaming with be met with infractions. 

Please see the forum rules for further information.

Official Response
  • SuspiciousPixel
    588 posts

This has been a hot topic in the forum for a while and even in the PTS it's still not fixed.
    Tested for Science

535,861 XP per floor
    Floor doesn't continue to next level after it's cleared
    You start at checkpoint after a wipe to continue the XP Farm

• TK105
    92 posts

That's right, the 10th floor of the Summit has always had problems due to design errors in the past and for a long period of time, and the act of intentionally using this flaw in the system to raise the level constitutes "cheating by exploiting a bug".
    Even though the enemy is defeated and the 10th floor is determined to be complete, when you kill yourself, the 10th floor somehow reverts to an uncompleted state and the enemy is resurrected. In other words, it is possible to intentionally reset the phases of the 10th floor over and over again indefinitely.
    This is clearly a design error and a flaw in the system. This is a kind of "exploitation" to take advantage of this systemic problem that is currently occurring. It is cheating.

Using this cheating method, it is possible to increase the SHD level by more than 60 per hour, and with this level-up speed, a huge number of users are also cheating to gain stars in the "Global Event". Some users have earned around 2000 stars in just one or two days.
    The users are using this system to illegally level up on the 10th floor of the Summit to illegally acquire GE stars, which are then exchanged for a huge amount of exotic cash. Are MASSIVE and UBIsoft aware of this?

Currently, there are huge numbers of players with SHD levels of 25,000+ to even 100,000+, level values that are impossible and inherently impossible to achieve through honest play in the time period between WoNY's launch and the present.

During Global events, this cheating has become even more active, with users live-streaming their "systemic abuse of leveling up," and the number of live-streams explaining and recommending how to do it is increasing daily.
    This behavior is widespread because the Division 2 teams have not announced that it is cheating.
    Global events can now easily collect all the stars they want, whether it is 1000 or 2000 in a few days. It is no longer a valid event, and the cheaters are the winners.
    To give an example, this is comparable to leaving a situation in Rainbow Six Siege where you can get 1,000 "renown points" in just a minute or so without using a boost pack.
    The R6S team would have acted quickly if they knew this situation was occurring.

I hope that Season 10 will include such an attitude of No Cheating will be tolerated.

After completing the 10th floor, it is normal to proceed to the next floor.
    Therefore, if the data log contains a large number of "completed 10th floor logs" continuously, it is evidence of cheating.
    By investigating the completion logs of the 10th floor of the Summit, it should be easy to identify cheating players who continue to gain large amounts of experience.
    I would also recommend extracting the "initial date and time" of the fraud from that log and "rollback all data" for each fraudulent player to that date. This would reduce the amount of work for the staff.
    Because it is far more problematic than the DPS glitch that occurred in the past, and the fraud has been spreading and worsening to the present.

I am really surprised that they are putting off such a critical systemic problem like this until so late in the game.
    I am still submitting additional information to the UBIsoft support office about this issue, but I keep getting downplayed as "forwarded to the department in charge" or "under investigation", etc. I also notified the UBIsoftSupport Twitter person via DM, but I have no idea what has happened since then. I suspect that someone on the development staff is covering it up.

• xDeathkill77x
    106 posts

@SuspiciousPixel I believe Ubisoft and the game devs said its not a glitch or bug. Also its not a "not working as intended" scenario so their keeping it. If I remember correctly they said players are just running a floor they like over again like a mission.

• TxDieselKid
    410 posts

@xDeathkill77x is 100% correct.

Despite the attempts to label those who do it as “cheaters” and try to have them punished, it has been said that it is a legit farming method from the devs.

I believe the phrase “sorry not sorry” would apply here.

• SuspiciousPixel
    588 posts
    I believe Ubisoft and the game devs said its not a glitch or bug. Also its not a "not working as intended" scenario so their keeping it. If I remember correctly they said players are just running a floor they like over again like a mission.

They have never responded or made a statement on it.

• echolecter
    369 posts
    Despite the attempts to label those who do it as “cheaters” and try to have them punished, it has been said that it is a legit farming method from the devs.

Wonder why you can't do the same with the top floor. Would be same logic to rince and repeat the hunters. Don't really care if players like to do these mind-numbing methods to gain some irrelevant watch points. Easiest solution is to create an overal cap, like 1000 (or any number) is max level and any XP gained afterwards only gives players prof. caches. Same applies to events, gained 200 stars for instance then you're done.

Saying it's a method for farming is an easy way out. Remove the glitch and players will probably find the another. Not sure what is worse from a devevelopment perspective, let people abuse this one or have them find others that exists, or made available in future. It's best not to take this game to seriously, UbiSoft/Massive does the same and eventually you can loose everything as well ...

• Imagine_Brata
    884 posts
    They have never responded or made a statement on it.

Yes on reddit or twitter

• Partofthesysyem
    32 posts

@SuspiciousPixel No one cares get over it.

• SuspiciousPixel
    588 posts

@Imagine_Brata A link would be great 🙂

@TheJ0k3r1809000 Thank you for your contribution.

Why does "nobody care"?
    Are you speaking on behalf of your clan, team of floor 10 farmers?
    Why was it in the past that other generous XP Farms for little or zero effort was fixed?

• Floor 100
    • Warhounds
    • Open World Target Practise

If Imagine_Brata link shows a developer saying Floor 10 XP Farm is fine, working as intended, then this topic can be laid to rest.

• Imagine_Brata
    884 posts
    No one cares get over it.

agree with you.

• Imagine_Brata
    884 posts
    535,861 XP per floorFloor doesn't continue to next level after it's clearedYou start at checkpoint after a wipe to continue the XP Farm

That's how it works after a wipe. with anything that has checkpoints. that's how it's always worked since Division was released.
    And it's faster xp in openworld with 4-5 directives, wasted time to farm xp here anyway. so let the players farm slow xp here.

• SuspiciousPixel
    588 posts

it's faster xp in openworld with 4-5 directives, wasted time to farm xp here anyway

No it's not assuming you are talking about resource convoys. It grants more XP, 1 SHD Level per clear but so does Floor 10 if players know what they are doing (and that doesn't involve selecting Legendary)

Open world resource convoys rely on luck getting enough on the map, when it's night time they don't spawn thus wasting lots of time, players need to have great map knowledge knowing every single spawn point so the npcs can be camped and killed. There is more rng and team work involved in convoys compared to the "brain dead" gameplay in Floor 10.

I await your link

• Imagine_Brata
    884 posts
    A link would be great

it will. and then it will be fun to see who cries. I think my record is 1.2-1.3 million xp in 45 sec

• ArthurFriend
    178 posts
    it has been said that it is a legit farming method from the devs.

This is a straight out lie to justify exploiting.
    Just check the code of conduct - this is exploiting a glitch to gain an unfair advantage.

• Noxious81
    1257 posts
    (...) Why was it in the past that other generous XP Farms for little or zero effort was fixed?
    - Floor 100
    - Warhounds
    - Open World Target Practise

If Imagine_Brata link shows a developer saying Floor 10 XP Farm is fine, working as intended, then this topic can be laid to rest.

Absolutely true. If any "farming method" in the game requires you to repeatedly kill yourself to bypass an intended system... it's probably an exploit.

Floor 10 needs a correctly working checkpoint.

• N3mB0t
    1243 posts

my two cents

no one should be punished

but the exploit should be patched

its has come that point in time where this is getting out of hand , time to stop it.

• Bash____
    13 posts

@TK105 this is hilarious 😂 😂😂😂

• ArthurFriend
    178 posts
    no one should be punished
    but the exploit should be patched
    its has come that point in time where this is getting out of hand , time to stop it.

I believe this point had already been reached weeks ago. But that's the way it should be handled.

• Clazman555
    1 posts

@Noxious81 There is nothing "wrong" with the checkpoint on floor 10 specifically. You can do this on floor 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 90 as well. Well, any floor checkpoint at the Summit actually.

And it's not bypassing an intended system. The checkpoint system is working as intended.

Suggested Topics