ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/14 Replies/171 Views
    I3eard_of_War
    Original poster 549 posts

One of the things could be the New Game Mode where:
    We get stripped of our builds and start with nothing.
    (Probably only a Pistol like Div1 Survival)

But for the Expertise Power-Up to be usefull in this Mode (and it actually being handy to Upgrade every Weapon/Skill/Gear in the list)
    Is if they change it to:
    Every item that is Upgraded, counts for the item itself.
    Example:
    When you Upgrade one Military M870 to level 20.
    Makes every Military M870 you find level 20.
    (Handy everywhere, but especially in a mode where you are stripped of your own items)

But if it's not that... what else could be a nice way to use the Expertise Power-Up for?
    Because Yannick did say that Legendaries isn't the only solution.
    Which I dont understand from my perspective, as Legendaries are already the harder content to use Expertise Power-Up's for, but alright...

For in general i can understand that not everyone likes Legendary Content and they need something as well. (While it still is for everyone)
    But what could that be...any idea's???

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• N3mB0t
    1239 posts

that would require the enemie to scale up to whatever expertise level a player or set of players are in every piece of gear and weapons in order to work , i seriously dont think they have gone through so much trouble for the new gamemode , sounds a bit too dinamic for their own coding expertise at this point .

i dont expect much from the new gamemode , remember when summit was presented , its was the best thing since the invention of the wheel , see where we are now...

besides it sounds a lot like the gun game , a mode present in many games where each kill , or some other factor gives you a better and better weapon to progress , i feel this will be almost like a 0/40 campaign progression but crunched into a very small time frame.

• Oatiecrumble
    947 posts

IMO TD2 days are numbered, i really do think it's time for TD3 with a mix of both TD1 & TD2 and more new stuff.

It just feels that TD2 is struggling to keep onto something that is not there.

Typical saying "Out with the old, In with the new"

• I3eard_of_War

@N3mB0t
    But if the enemy scales with the Expertise level, than there is no reason to get a Power-Up right?
    Because that means it's not getting harder or easier.
    It stays the same, which means no progress.
    Which would make Expertise not usefull...
    So for my guess thats not it.

And I only mentioned the new game mode as an easy point.
    I dont know if that's their solution...
    Also wanted to say a difficulty between Heroic & Legendary, but that's the point of Heroic already.
    (A difficulty between Challenging & Legendary)
    So that not gonna be it either...

Or a difficulty above Legendary (Mythical)
    Isn't gonna be it either.
    As they already think more Legendaries isn't THE solution.
    (Which I keep finding weird as Legendaries become easier for everyone that does Upgrade, if they don't feel powerfull enough.
    And/Or it can stay a good challenge for anyone that doesn't Upgrade anything, if they feel like they are already powerfull enough)
    I mean it's s an optional feature right
    Optional to make the hardest content easier or let it be as hard as it should be.

But again besides more Legendary Missions what could be THE solution to make good use of the Expertise Power-Up's?
    Anyone??

• Merphee
    118 posts
    IMO TD2 days are numbered,

Pretty much. Like with most things.

By introducing a game mode with a purpose of infinite replayability, it's pretty clear they're setting up for the end of the live service.

• I3eard_of_War

@Oatiecrumble
    Yeah I'm looking at Div2 as if it's a testing ground for Div3.
    The Dev's should do the same if they arent doing that already.

I don't really care if they put in stuff that doesn't work as well.
    (As long as it's free tho)
    If that's the way for them to launch Div3:
    - Without bugs/glitches.
    - Content that we dont have to test for years before it finally becomes stable to play.
    - PvP gear & PvE gear separated (the one being useless in the other)
    - Pre made DarkZone builds people can choose out of in the DZ Checkpoints.
    - All missions Legendary with every faction having their own Legendary designs (and Invasion).
    - Etc

But I think it's good that they have their hands full on Star Wars and Avatar for now.
    (Even if it means Div3 takes longer to come out)
    Because that also means when Div3 comes out, most people will have the Next Gen Consoles as well.
    (I mean I still can't find one unless I pay double the price, which is not gonna happen, F that)
    And Div3 is gonna be Next Gen only.

They dont have to hold back like Santa Monica Studio's had to do with God of War Ragnarök.

• suschunga
    612 posts
    i dont expect much from the new gamemode , remember when summit was presented , its was the best thing since the invention of the wheel , see where we are now...

Summit is largely disliked because of the repetitive and empty environments. The concept art suggests they're not going to make that mistake again.

besides it sounds a lot like the gun game , a mode present in many games where each kill , or some other factor gives you a better and better weapon to progress

Not sure what "gun game" you're referring to, but Yannick said there isn't any loot. If anything, it sounds more like Hades where you unlock "boons" (talents) after clearing a room. You then combine these to increase your power. In this mode, you might combine a higher RoF "talent" with a larger mag "talent".

• N3mB0t
    1239 posts

@DutchLMB4ever

but if there is no balance the thing is either going to be always too easy or too hard depending on what you already achieved in terms of expertise , that is a hard balance.

the best that occurs to me to use expertise power ups would be a wave horde mode , the more powerful you are the longer you can go on , and this new mode they talk about also reeks of that, just with added random loot you have to deal with.

• suschunga
    612 posts
    and this new mode they talk about also reeks of that, just with added random loot you have to deal with.

Go back and listen to the VOD around the 26 minute mark: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1589032743

TL;DR - there is no loot.

• I3eard_of_War

@N3mB0t
    Resistance 2.0 could be maybe.
    I personally hope not, as I only did the waves that gave the commendations (was it wave 20?).
    After that I left and didn't set foot in there again.
    But it might be other players their Cup of tea...

I do think that the new mode is gonna be a mixture of PvE Survival & Resistance.
    Sort of like: Zombies in Call of Duty.
    You start with a pistol, after a certain amount of kills you will either:
    - Get specific better items awarded
    - Buy better items with points
    - Find better items as loot drops
    Until you die and get "dog tags" to spend in the Countdown vendor.

@suschunga
    I think they meant it as there is no loot to keep.
    But you do get loot to use in the mode itself.
    (You just dont keep it, like you dont keep the loot you wear in Div1's Survival).

• suschunga
    612 posts
    I think they meant it as there is no loot to keep.But you do get loot to use in the mode itself.

Go listen to the VoD. Yannick specifically says "there is no loot in this mode" and that you won't get blue, purple etc items. Instead, it sounds like you unlock a choice of "talents" after each room to increase your power.

• I3eard_of_War

@suschunga
    Items that you can only keep for the session
    Or
    Talent choices
    It's not gonna last either way.

It's a looter shooter game.
    So if it's not actual Survival/Battle Royal why take our builds away?
    Everyone farmed for their "precious" builds (for years).
    They optimized them to perfection which isn't cheap to do either.
    Just for the developers to make all that Farming/Optimising for nothing in a new Mode.

We'll see I guess...

• suschunga
    612 posts
    It's a looter shooter game.

It's also a cover shooter, and he called out that aspect as something people will need to re-learn.

So if it's not actual Survival/Battle Royal why take our builds away?

My guess is they can offer a power fantasy, if you make it deep enough into a run, without affecting the rest of the game. If you want to be optimistic, it could be a way to experiment with new ideas for a future game.

• I3eard_of_War

@suschunga

If you want to be optimistic, it could be a way to experiment with new ideas for a future game

That makes sense.
    I'll go with that mindset into the new game mode.

Tbf i said that yesterday in another topic...
    But i guess i just really hate horde modes like Resistance (or Zombies) so much, that I didn't think about that.

If they make it like no one has a lot of Armor, I could be a good experiment for Div3.
    Meaning:
    We dont have armor & they don't have it.
    Not that
    We don't have armor but they do have armor.

In that case they could experiment with how I think Div3 is gonna be.

Story wise
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/168816/faye-lau-and-bardon-scheaffer?lang=en-US

Gameplay wise
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/164600/what-i-think-div3-would-be-like?lang=en-US

- Weapons need to be cared for or else they jam.
    Happens more and longer if not cared for.
    - Skills don't have infinity ammo anymore and no cooldowns.
    Skills have to be bought again when destroyed or all are used.
    Can only hold certain amount:
    - 10 Seekermines
    - 1-2 Turrets (depends on types)
    - 3 Drones
    - 1 Balistic Shield
    - Pulses have limited amount of usages
    Which forces you to use them in a more Tactical way.
    No more: Oh 1 enemy let me use a Seekermine on it.
    Resources are limited for us
    - finding and using water/food/components is a must to survive.
    - Every time you level up every item will become useless/under powered, until max level is reached.
    (You do have 1 pistol that levels up with you)
    And for those that like it, can keep having that mechanic in Hardcore Mode.

Suggested Topics