ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Traumahawk
    Original poster 185 posts

First and foremost, I just want to be clear that I'm not a type of player that wants to gate keep, and keep other players out of content even though it's gonna sound exactly like that's what I'm wishing for. In this case I think the distinction is it's not for the entire activity, but just for the difficulty of said activity.

Since Countdown Heroic released last week, I've put in many hours into it, and I think there is a significant issue with people going into Heroic Countdown who do not have the builds to handle it. This isn't like carrying someone for other difficult content because this is a timed activity and rewards depend on your time which translates directly into time-to-kill.

There seems to be a misunderstanding that heroic difficulty in Countdown is the same heroic difficulty used in the missions, and it's not. The difficulty of Heroic Countdown is similar to what you would face with time-to-kill of the NPCs in the raids, more difficult than heroic missions, but not as difficult as legendary missions. I don't know why the dev team decided to use the same name for 2 different difficulties.

We all know SHD levels are not an indicator of skill or build quality (because of things like Floor 10), however, having it at least at max stats should be the minimum to get into Heroic Countdown. It's why the raid doesn't have public matchmaking for the harder version. It would ruin the experience, and this is ruining this experience when people you need to depend on, can't carry their water, and you can't make up for it because of the time limits. So we're losing out on significant amounts of awards. People aren't even learning how to do Countdown first in the easier modes first. The allure of the 208 Countdown tokens is far too much for anyone to resist when an exotic is only 224.

That's really all I had to say, but I don't intend or I didn't intend for this post to cause problems, though it's probably gonna cause problems with some people because it's going to sound elitist or gatekeeping in some way. I want all of you in Heroic Countdown kicking butt with us, but there are things you need to do to get there, like we all did.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• hralex1951
    230 posts

You won't have to gatekeep me because I won't subject myself to this spongy bs. I am still running Leg missions, you turncoat.

• PT_Frizzer
    125 posts

In countdown Challenging mode I accept anyone in the group. Normally if we have the servers in good health the mission is doable with anyone.
    In heroic mode, normally I create the match and only accept one or two players with shd level below 1000. I have the experience of joining a group with the majority of low level players and this is not about their knowlege of the game, they naybe now how to play but they haven't a capable build or dps to go across that bullet sponge npcs. One or two in 8 palyer team that's ok but more no. For some reason the heroic is for more capable players. That's like some groups I joined making legendaries with directives when they have not the needed to do any legendary. Many players are in a worry of getting high levels very fast and don't have the patience of level up accordingly.

• Traumahawk
    Original poster 185 posts

@hralex1951 Lol, I run them still also

• Wolfe_Protocol
    82 posts

@Traumahawk heroic countdown is a pointless waste of time.

• PT_Frizzer
    125 posts

@Wolfe_Protocol I have to agree with you. Doing it in challenge gives you less credits but normally you finish it and get the credits and is faster. Heroic, or you do it with a good team or more likely you waste your time to get less credits than in challenge.

Suggested Topics