ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• sschaper19
    Original poster 2 posts

With the new Gearset, brand, and unique items offered during each new season and the creation of the expertise system, where it's in a player's interest to have many different weapons and gear items to use, it would be nice to, at the very least, increase the Stash capacity (say double), along with potentially increasing inventory capacity as well. That way players wouldn't be a pressed for space with all of the new items coming out.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Noxious81
    1261 posts

Welcome agent,

well, this specific issue has been discussed several times and the devs made clear that this is not going to happen for technical reasons. For further information feel free to use the forum search – or plow through the below links which I copied from another thread:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/152206/you-can-stop-asking-for-more-stash-space/20?lang=en-US
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/167195/petition-to-massive-possible-solution-to-have-more-stash/4?lang=en-US
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/167519/bigger-stash/2?lang=en-US
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/162594/does-300-item-of-stash-is-enough/6?lang=en-US
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/157693/increase-inventory-capacity?lang=en-US

In case you do not want to read all these threads, I can just repeat my advice to not focus on the limited stash space, but instead improve your management inventory. Meaning, learn which items to keep and which to deconstruct/sell. Because most items being kept by users demanding more inventory space will never be needed by them. Because we tend to keep more than we need. And having more stash space would just result in people storing more rubbish.

If you instead take some time to figure out what items are really worth being kept (items with more than one maxed rolled attribute, items with very rate attribute and talent combinations) and what items can easily be farmed again (Gear Sets in general, items with more than one "wrong" attribute), you can really make a difference for your stash space.

• sschaper19
    Original poster 2 posts

@Noxious81 I'm very careful with my inventory and stash space, only saving items that have maxed or nearly maxed stats (and can easily be optimized). However, as I noted in my original post, with the introduction of the Expertise system, while there previously existed no incentive to keep items you didn't use in your primary builds, there is now a reason to cycle between different weapons, gearsets, and other items. Building up a collection of maxed stat items to use for building expertise levels takes up a lot of space.

From the threads you note, it sounds like others have asked this in the past, but with the way the game has changed, I bring it up in the hope that it might be examined again.

• suschunga
    620 posts
    From the threads you note, it sounds like others have asked this in the past, but with the way the game has changed, I bring it up in the hope that it might be examined again.

It's not going to happen. Yannick repeated on the Season 10 stream that they are hitting the limit of how much data they can store on your profile without affecting performance.

It's the same position they took a few months ago, and when they still had the original developers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/ubv2lb/psa_you_can_stop_asking_for_more_stash_space/

• Noxious81
    1261 posts
    (...) with the introduction of the Expertise system, (...) there is now a reason to cycle between different weapons, gearsets, and other items. (...)

But still you don't need to keep the weapons, Gear Sets and other items you don't want to use and only used for gaining Proficiency Levels with them, after becoming Proficient with them. So no need to store them, if you don't want to use them anymore.

(...) Building up a collection of maxed stat items to use for building expertise levels takes up a lot of space. (...)

If it's only for Expertise Levels – you do not need maxed stats at all. Weapons can be equipped as secondary weapon or sidearm and you can become Proficient with them without using them once. Gear and Brand Sets also level up rather quickly, because you usually wear 3 or 4 items of the same Brand/Gear Set. Or, if you want to go full hardcore Expertise grinding, you can wear 6 items of the same Brand or Gear Set and stampede through normal or hard missions. So again, it's just use and discard. No real reason to stash items that will not be used again.

Suggested Topics