ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• topic_unsolved Live PB times aren't being saved / updated / conflicting leaderboards

2 likes/18 replies/2271 views
    Mark2Grand
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 1

After hunting totd for only an hour (I am top 6K for summer campaign, but I know I have plenty more to learn) the prompt after pb claims that I am top 7 world. Naturally, this had me really confused, and sounded too good to be true, so I looked at the records available through club access, and I see 484th place. Which is still nice for me, but also the first time these leaderboard placements have conflicted in my experience. I was starting to get my hopes up and then I realized it couldn't be true.
    It is unknown to me if any other maps have this issue, or if I am the only one to experience it, or if it is a common problem for totd maps. I have only played about 4 months, and I rarely hunt totd maps, so my information is limited.
    TY for reading, and TY devs for a great game. Coming from the Rocket League community and living in US, this game has given me another competitive outlet, and a better view of other cultures (mainly european) through content creators who tend to not be American. Looking forward to what is next 😄

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• eggnaro
    ubisoft:x-posts, 1

Hello,

Today I was trying to climb the leaderboard on Summer 2022 - 20 and managed to get top 8 in my region

I went back to the campaign menu and top 8 was there, everything was fine as always. 30 seconds or so later my ranking just dropped out of the blue to my old one

Note the time difference. And whenever I launch the track again I can see my new time, but old ranking still -

Did the run not upload to the official leaderboard for some reason? Will it update before the campaign ends in 2 days or I have to race again? This is the first time I have this sort of issue.

Cheers.

• Phil_6991
    ubisoft:x-posts, 2

@eggnaro My Records are also broken 😞

• fonzmorelli

@eggnaro replying for visability, this happened to me as well, I literally have two times on the track rankings. This was 8+ hours after the record was set

• fonzmorelli

After setting a new PB on campaign track 14, trackmania asked for an update. I allowed it, and after relaunching I saw two different times on the track leader board for my region.

• Phil_6991

@fonzmorelli same here. The World Position is also not updating...

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 5454
    post_is_deleted
    official-response
  • Ubi-TheBerry

Hey guys,

Thanks for reaching out and reporting these record issues to us!

Could you please share any screenshot examples of this so we can take a closer look?

If you could please also not the track(s) you have this issue too, it'd be appreciated.

Thank you!

official-response
  • Fvoarin
    ubisoft:x-posts, 7

@Ubi-TheBerry Just replying here to ask if my report is also one of these examples? I didn't receive a response (possibly as my post went to moderation as it is my first) but would be nice to know that it is being sorted. As, by this post, it seems to be happening to more than just me, that at least seems to mean that it should be solvable

• Fvoarin

@Ubi-TheBerry Track 02. My time, as shown in the screenshots, is better than the time I have been given on the leaderboards

I set the time this morning (4th October 2022). Would it be possible, after this is sorted out, to place our times ahead of those, who got the same time, after we did? Seems a bit unfair otherwise, that I'll get a lower position due to a bug

• Ubi-TheBerry

Hey guys,

I've done some merging of threads here.

Thanks for the screenshots @Fvoarin .

An investigation is open so I've passed your reports on but if you could also confirm the following it'd be helpful;

• Did the ghost update with your PB?
    • What map(s) or sever(s) is this happening with?

Thank you!

official-response
  • Fvoarin

@Ubi-TheBerry Hi, I'm unsure on the others, but for me, at the time, it was the 18.841 time that was a ghost (as shown in the screenshots yesterday), so, yeah, the ghost did update along with the pb for 02. I had a weird instance of having two seperate ghosts of my two most recent set times when it came to track 07, late yesterday. Although, since then, it seems to have fixed itself, and I had no problem with my times being set on 07

The only map it happened on was 02 on an offline campaign. It seems that, since checking today, the 18.841 time has now been completely removed, and everything is at my old time of 18.956. Which I'm hoping can be reversed and fixed, and that my better time of 18.841 can be put back, and also be put on the leaderboard. I grinded for multiple hours to get that time, so seems unfair that it has now, seemingly, completely vanished

Also, a new thing happening now, is that when on campaign track selection, with the world tab selected, many of my leaderboard placements (4k, 20k etc.) for specific maps, are blank until I hover over them, at which time they show again

Seems the problem is getting weirder by th day, so hope it is solvable. If you want to know about version, whilst there's no way to prove this, i did update the game before starting the campaign. And my 18.841 was set yesterday, a few days after the campaign was released. Hence my initial post

Thanks again

• Fvoarin

@Ubi-TheBerry Sorry to be posting a lot. But I just started continuing with the campaign for today and I've noticed something new. Even though I have times set on the leaderboard, I have no ghosts within the track and no PB time listed. on top of this, when I complete the track with a worse time than PB (I can't improve PB atm, but maybe that's also the case and the reason for my track 02 problems), it gives me a new place on the leaderboard within the track, but I still have my PB time on the leaderboard when in the campaign tab

I'm going to uninstall the game, and reinstall it, and see if that finally works. But I always do so with fresh updates and never had such problems before

• Fvoarin

@Ubi-TheBerry Okay, well....That worked. Seems a simple uninstall and reinstall seems to have mostly fixed the problem. All the leaderboard times are correct, the ingame leaderboard times are correct, and the ghosts are showing for those times. This all seems to apply for 02 as well which is great. Does seem that the leaderboard position of a 605, doesn't line up with my position of a 582, but that's probably because in the time since my issue started, more people have gotten the same time as me, so I've been pushed back some places. Final screenshots shwoing this

The only problem I have now is a minor one, and it's that when I spectate my ghost, there is two of them, but that doesn't seem that big a problem. Thanks for the help. And if anyone comes across this thread, try turning it off and on again (uninstall and reinstall) that seems to do the trick lol

• Ubi-TheBerry

Thanks for the update @Fvoarin, great to see a restart did the trick.

If other reports of this could try this too if you haven't done so already and let us know the outcome so we can update the team!

We haven't had any reports of duplicate ghosts though - for ease, could you please create another thread for us to look into this?

Thank you!

official-response
  • Fvoarin

@Ubi-TheBerry Seems like the ghost problem was plugin end for openplanet that the creator has since updated (was forcing spectating of your own ghost that couldn't be disabled). So nothing to do with the game. So I won't create a thread for that

Thanks for the help

• Ubi-Clem
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 226

Hey guys,

Thanks again @Fvoarin for sharing the results of your own investigation. Your expertise is much appreciated.

If anyone else is still facing this issue, feel free to keep this thread updated.

Otherwise, I'd assume this have been solved, and we can all enjoy grinding our PBs again 🏎

Thank you!

official-response
  • Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 4158

Hello everyone, just a quick update from our Trackmania QA team. They have been investigating this issue with the leaderboards not updating after acquiring a personal best time and so far haven't been able to reproduce this after th emost recent update to the game, as the times updated successfully on each attempt.

If you are still encountering this in the game from today, could you please let us know the following so we can pass this information on to them, to continue their investigation? >>

• Was there an update while the issue occurred?
    • Does the issue get fixed after reinstalling the game?
    • Does the issue occur on a specific campaign or a specific track?
    • Does the issue occur when a new track was released for the campaign?
    • Do you still encounter this?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of your internet speed test? (https://www.speedtest.net/: (https://speedtest.net))

official-response

Suggested Topics