ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• topic_unsolved Extreme Frame Rate Drops when hit with status effects

0 likes/4 replies/454 views
    Darth_Camo
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 2

So whenever the enemies is able to get a debuff on me, such as burning me, blurring my vision, etc. There is an extreme FPS drop and lagginess when inputting commands.

https://medal.tv/games/division-2/clips/CnyKJwwRQmVmN/d1337voBbvWU: (https://medal.tv/games/division-2/clips/CnyKJwwRQmVmN/d1337voBbvWU)

In this video, you can see when as soon as I get hit with a status effect, the game FPS drops signifigantly.

This also happens when the environment also gives a status effects

https://medal.tv/games/division-2/clips/Cn7kwnTfjBwV6/d1337n9QP4li

In this video, you can see when the environment from the Summit gives me a status effect, it affects the game harshly.

Is there any kind of setting I can change so that this issue can be lessened? I've already reduced the quality of the game to the lowest allowed in the settings

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-MrM
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 4085

@Darth_Camo Hi !

I've taken note of your report, and I'm sorry to hear that FPS Issues happen when status effects are occurring !

For the purpose of our investigation, in order to isolate the Issue, I invite you to check the steps of our dedicated PC troubleshooting guide.

It helps solve most of the Issues encountered on PC, including by checking the game files for anything corrupted or missing, as well as the GPU driver.

Should the drops keep happening afterwards, or if you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out !

official-response
  • Mako_0ne
    ubisoft:x-posts, 3

@Ubi-MrM I have the same issues as posted here. Game other wise runs locked at 60 (which is what I have it set at). I have not played summit but I have the same issues elsewhere.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 4158

Hello everyone, thanks for bringing these frame drop issues with status affected to our attention. Does this affect all status effects or only certain status effects that are applied?

If you have yet to try, please run through the steps posted above by Ubi-MrM to help rule out a few possible causes and check if this is connected to a certain driver update also.

If you have tried these steps, without any improvement, are either of you able to post a screenshot of your in-game settings, and list your computer specs, CPU, GPU, GPU driver, Ram, so we can try and replicate this issue on similar hardware?

official-response

Suggested Topics