ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• topic_unsolved Ongoing Directive Team Hollow Point Ammo Issue

0 likes/7 replies/694 views
    WhoMeNotMe
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 2

While I applaud the move to make the Ongoing Directive hollow point ammo apply to the group as well as the player, there is a serious problem. When the hollow point ammo is awarded it will wipe out all remaining ammo on the player it was shared to once the hollow points are depleted.

After it happened the first time we tested a few times to see if it was a temp glitch. It was not.

I stood by an open world ammo box. I reloaded/refurbished all ammo. My teammate then got the hollow points. They shared to me. I fired the magazine into space. After that mag was dumped I tried to reload and had zero (0) ammo for that weapon.

We both logged off. We came back and tried it again. Same result. We both exited the game, restarted our computers, loaded UBI up, and came back into game - same result.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Neumeusis
    ubisoft:x-posts, 10

The problem is present since TU16 a few weeks ago.
    Quite annoying...
    And limit a lot the usage of Ongoing Directive...

• WrecK3rr
    ubisoft:x-posts, 507

Don't think its a bug but definitely not intended. I guess they didn't realize it would effect already quipped special ammo.
    Should definitely fix it though. I like grabbing shock ammo specially for my Scorpio and it is lost if a teammate is using this set.

• Ubi-SleepyGoat
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 812

Hello everyone, I am going to get this reported up to see if this something that was an unforseen consequence of the Ongoing Directive rebalance or an intended part of the change.

Just to make sure my report is easy to understand, I would like to provide a video along with a text description.

Preferably this video would be recorded from the perspective of the person losing their special ammo when a teammate activates the Ongoing Directive set bonus. If anyone is able to record this for me, please upload it to YouTube and provide me with a link in this thread!

official-response
  • ssvanguard
    ubisoft:x-posts, 2

@Ubi-SleepyGoat Hi, there. I'm hitting the same issue and just want to be clear (and the OP said the same)...*all* of my ammo for the selected weapon is wiped out when I get the 'free' hollow point ammo from Ongoing Directive. It doesn't seem to happen 100% of the time, so not sure what the trigger is, but it's pretty devastating when it does and there's no ammo box nearby. 🙂

Anything I can do to help, let me know.

• ssvanguard
    ubisoft:x-posts, 2

@Ubi-SleepyGoat Ok, my team and I figured this out.

1. If you have a special weapon drawn that cannot accept hollow point ammo (in my case it was the chem launcher), then...
    2. Your teammate that has Ongoing Directive procs the hollow point ammo, then...
    3. Your main weapon (AR in my case), the one you had drawn before switching to your special (chem launcher in my case), loses *all* of it's regular ammo, except what was in the clip. You have the hollow point you were given by your OD teammate, but all regular ammo reserve is lost.

As suggested, I posted a YouTube video demonstrating the bugged behavior...

Suggested fix...add a check if special weapon is drawn and don't try to give hollow point at all in this case.

Help, please. 🙂

• Ubi-SleepyGoat
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 812

Hey there @ssvanguard and thank you for the video!

Our team has been looking for a way to replicate the issue, and your steps and video should be very helpful. I will get those added to our investigation.

official-response

Suggested Topics