ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/7 Replies/513 Views
    lkbernstein
    Original poster 3 posts

I am reposting a bug that had been closed but I am still having the issue. I am playing Puppets and Prisoners in AC Valhalla (PS5) and I cannot progress the story. I have the mission to carry Tedmund and place him on the ground and when I do so a cut scene is supposed to activate but nothing happens. I've tried manually saving and reloading, fast traveling away, closing out the game, dumping him in a river, attacking him, and other fixes I've found online but nothing works. He does fast travel back to the town and I can pick him up there (tied up) but nothing happens when I place him on the ground. The last save before this I'd lose about 6 hours which I don't really want to do.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1157 posts

@lkbernstein Hey! Welcome to Discussions!

I'm sorry that you are having this issue with the Puppets and Prisoners quest. To rule out if this could be caused by any technical issues, please give the steps in our guide here a try. If you're still unable to place Tedmund on the ground, would you be able to provide a video showing the issue? Once you have a video, please upload it to a website like YouTube or Google Drive, and share the link with us here. Thank you!

Official Response
  • lkbernstein
    Original poster 3 posts

@Ubi-Perseids You make it very difficult to get responses to bugs, of which this is my first. I have taken video and uploaded to youtube and hopefully this will suffice:

Please reply. I've basically lost all my momentum and interest for this game.

• Ubi-Havoc
    Ubisoft Support Staff 450 posts

@lkbernstein Thanks so much for capturing a clip for us! I have shared your report to our game teams to investigate into further. If they request any additional information or if I receive any news on a potential fix I will let you know here on this thread.

Official Response
  • lkbernstein
    Original poster 3 posts

@Ubi-Havoc What do I do in the meanwhile? I can't progress the story or game at all.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5897 posts

Hi @lkbernstein unfortunately there is nothing further we can do, the issue has been reported and is being investigated.

I'm afraid there are no workarounds that you can try either for this specific issue.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Verse
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1773 posts

@lkbernstein Hi there 😊

We have received an update from our development team:

Could you please provide any additional reproduction steps? The team is having problems reproducing the issue.

Please also make sure that you have your latest save file uploaded to the cloud.

Thanks!

Official Response

Suggested Topics