ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• moved Game Crashing/Disappointment

3 likes/12 replies/248 views
    guitar.ghost007
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 4

I really do love this game, but it's starting to feel like a legitimate scam/waste of my money... I know the Ubisoft team is trying and I so so appreciate that, but spending 25 minutes trying to complete a new content mission only to have my game crash for the 1,000th time is very disheartening. I only have so much time in my day to play video games and I'm choosing to spend it on the Division 2. However, when the game crashes and I lose all progress in a mission it honestly makes me not want to play and it turns into a 100% actual waste of my time. With so many of the games I play being seasonal and requiring everyday log in's to play, knowing that I might by wasting time booting up Division 2 is so frustrating. I know a season is only $10 but that's $10 I could be spending in Diablo or Destiny or Fall Guys or Paladins or Overwatch or Halo or any of the other games I play that want my money.

I'm spending money on Division and 100% can't even play the game.

That's all.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sir_0v3rk1ll
    ubisoft:x-posts, 167

@guitar-ghost007 right now I came out from two countdowns that were ruined by players crashing. I haven't had a good run in the last two days. I got to work, and my time is limited when it comes down to gaming, so when I sit down if it doesn't happen it aint going to happen till I sit down again another day. I walk away and come back every single patch to find out they never fix the crashing, and it won't be fixed, ever. Just waiting on some new games I want. After that I am out.

• WrecK3rr
    ubisoft:x-posts, 507

What is more concerning for me presently, is that this issue isn't even present on their Trello Board anymore.
    Not even under "Reported" tab for the least. Despite of having promised previously, that it is something ongoing with more fixes to come.

But that was pre TU16.

• Peter8uk
    ubisoft:x-posts, 194

Since last update there does feel like some performance issues. FPS drops, stuttering from countdown.

Doing missions it is fine. I think because doing missions I am match maked with someone in Europe/US East. But then in Countdown I'm suddenly finding myself connected to Asia server and the latency is pretty high.

• Nerfed-Again
    ubisoft:x-posts, 71

The worrying thing is by now 90% of PC players will know that the game will crash, yet you still come back to play it and then end up complaining. I am not sure if Ubisoft is to blame for not fixing it or if the PC players are to blame because they know what will happen and keep expecting different results when nothing has changed?

As Einstein may have once said: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

• Peter8uk
    The worrying thing is by now 90% of PC players will know that the game will crash, yet you still come back to play it and then end up complaining. I am not sure if Ubisoft is to blame for not fixing it or if the PC players are to blame because they know what will happen and keep expecting different results when nothing has changed?

As Einstein may have once said: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Yup they will come back to keep playing because leaving it completely means leaving playing their friends as well, so portion of social contact gone. This game has a massive install size I don't think open world scale it has justifies that kind of size. Einstein wanted results, but it is the journey that matters.

• Nerfed-Again
    ubisoft:x-posts, 71

@Peter8uk Very true, but remember you can always go to your friends and knock their door instead of playing online. Everyone to their own, i guess.

• Peter8uk
    @Peter8uk Very true, but remember you can always go to your friends and knock their door instead of playing online. Everyone to their own, i guess.

True Division 2 shouldn't be the only source of friendship. There are people you go to the pub to, then there are people outside the country you meet and greet in same clan as a lighter friendship when staying indoors. Sometimes both you meet face and face but also play online in evenings after work.

Nothing beats a good laugh when everyone gets surprised triple grenade wipe in Legendary.

• Traumahawk
    ubisoft:x-posts, 199

Search youtube for @AndroBourne's crash fix. You're welcome.

• Ubi-Clem
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 226

Hello everyone,

I have read you all, and I'm sorry to hear that the experience you have playing The Division 2 is slowly being disheartening.

For now, I can only suggest you to make sure that the minimum requirements are met to play the game optimally.

If you encounter any crashes yourselves, feel free to have a look at this article, as it could help resolve many issues.

For the rest of it, I can assure you that the development team is aware of many bugs and crashes, and they are proving dedication in resolving these in the shortest amount of time.

We are sorry for any inconvenience and appreciate the fact that you hold on to our game with interest and passion. 🙂

official-response
  • P0ker-Face
    ubisoft:x-posts, 52

Todays task is the pentagon, so I'm trying to do that, but I can't. I start off on the pentagon mission, get the explosive to get through the wall, and disable the drill, as I'm going to the next area... crash/hang.

Start again, get the explosive and get through the wall, but can't even get to the first part to disable the drill. crash/hang.

This is now way worse than it was. I can't provide any files because I am using GE Force Now, and by the way, there are probably at least 1000 other people that have supplied the files so its just another meaningless task to perform.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 5434

Hey there @P0ker-Face

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're discussing direct PC crashes here, as oppose to running through a streaming service.

As you're using GeForce now and not your PC directly, our options are more limited in this instance.

I can see there have been other recent reports, with some suggestions shared here, so please give those a try and consider posting to this current GFN based thread with any updates.

If you could please confirm your plan too, it'd be appreciated.

Thank you!

official-response

Suggested Topics