ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• topic_unsolved Online map stays on the loading screen for a long time and then an error disconect occurs

0 likes/20 replies/4470 views
    luki_plox
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 1

When loading an online map, the map loading screen can stay for a long time, and the player is disconnected with an error.
    I have encountered this issue many times now. Today it was the Super Royale game mode. I gave it two tries to connect to an actual map, and both times this error happened. I have only encountered it in online game modes. The connection during this bug is stable on my side.
    I cannot enjoy some content of the game because of it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 5495

Hey there @lukiblackangel,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear you're having issues.

While we appreciate your connection is generally running, there's a clear issue in your network and the Ubisoft services being able to communicate.

As such, we need to rule out any other local causes. Could you please ensure you've completed all of the steps in our connectivity guide here and let us know how you get on?

Thank you!

official-response
  • Michalzeszen
    ubisoft:x-posts, 16

@Ubi-TheBerry

This issue is very old and is not contained on the TM2020 game. Your support is unable to provide any clear information as for why it happens.

I have several games on my Steam, Epic and Ubisoft apps, and the only and one game that presents this behaviour is TM.

Untill last week I was trying hard to solve this connection issue at the Ubisoft support, untill you finally never answer me again, despite the fact that I kept sending you all the required evidence.

NOTE THAT THIS WAS ON TM² STADIUM.

For my absolute surprise, after I gave up trying to have you to help me ON A PAID GAME, I purshased TM2020 just to keep playing. And what happened? THE FREAKING BUG IS HERE AGAIN, EXACTLY AS IT IS IN TM2. I get stuck at an online track, and after 2 or 3 minutes (half the play time for the session) you kick me out for connection issues.

No other game, application, website, software communication or any other bit of code that uses internet on my PC is unresponsive, only your game. Yet you keep insisting that the problem is on my side.

• prohjort
    ubisoft:x-posts, 27

@Michalzeszen Nadeo people always tell us to post on the forum when we got problems, but the answers we get is useless most of the time. If you report the joinbug, you get told to follow the connectivity guide, even if it's a problem on their end.
    If the game laggs because the optimization is bad, you get told to update your drivers and windows, instead of actually trying to figure out what causes the problem.

I wish the actual devs used the forums themselves, instead of just having forum mods post the standard response.

• Ubi-LadyBlue
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 762

I'm sorry you've had the kind of experience where some answers seem useless @prohjort.Often, giving the basic connection troubleshooting is a way to rule out issues, then provide that to our teams to help them investigate if needed. It's not mine or really anyone else's intent to throw things at you as if we don't care.

@Michalzeszen, our support teams are experiencing an influx of contacts so I promise they're not ignoring you, just getting back to everyone as best as they can. I completely understand your frustration though and promise I plan to help as best as I can.

• Try reinstalling Ubisoft Connect for me (even if you're not playing through Ubisoft Connect)
    • If that doesn't resolve it, and this a really off-the-wall suggestion, I'd like you to try connecting to a different network, even if it's mobile data just long enough to connect. After that, you can switch back to your regular internet. Weird I know, but it seems to have worked for some others.
    • If that fails (I know you're super tired of being asked to submit stuff so I'm really sorry for asking) could I have you add your dxdiag file to the case you already created? I've already pulled your Msinfo so I'm good on that one.

After that, let me know so I can take a look with you.

official-response
  • Michalzeszen

@Ubi-LadyBlue

Hi LadyBlue.

I have followed your steps, and surprise surprise, the game still kicks me out after every session. This week I couldn't participate in three cups of the day because after qualification I was unable to connect to the server of the cup.

Lets see then:

• I have tried reinstalling your Ubisoft Connect, which of course wouldn't help because: the problem is the exactly same in TM² Stadium and TM2020. The first don't use the ever so annoying handler, the second uses it, god knows why;
    • I have tried with not one, not two, but three different networks, from distinct providers, mind you. All the same bs;
    • The dxdiag file is here [Removed]

What drives me nuts about this is that the issue is not here. My networking is fine. We stream stuff constantly, I play CSGO, Tibia (far away servers) and other games. My wife works from home and have several meetings. The network was never the issue.

If any analyst take the time to check the logs of my gaming sessions, I'm sure you would find the issue and work on a solution, but the thing is: you have been trying for months to prove the problem is with the user, and by doing so you're infuriating me. I have already wasted money on two games and both are crap. You solution? blame the user.

This is sad.

Oh, and BTW: did you just told @prohjort that you have been ruling out connection issues for the past two months? I'm glad your support is not a of a medical care nature.

edit: another detail that I can't help but wonder: why in gods name your games take 1-2 minutes to give the player a timeout? It is obvious that there are problems with the implementation on how you handle connections and most important connection errors. If you guys keep beating around the bush in this issues and never taking it to level II or III support crews, nothing will improve.

If, by any chance, you change your implementation to a 30 second timeout, this alone would improve significantly my experience, even with this annoying issue still happening.

for clarification:

TM² Stadium: around 1 minute for timeout.
    TM2020: around 2 minutes for timeout.

• Ubi-DeskLamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 450

@Michalzeszen Thanks for the update, and I'm sorry to hear that @Ubi-LadyBlue's workaround didn't help you out.

Sadly I've had to remove the link to your DxDiag from your post since these files can contain potentially sensitive information such as IP addresses, so if you could please upload that file to your support ticket so that we can take a closer look, we'll be happy to keep looking into this with you!

official-response
  • Michalzeszen

@Ubi-DeskLamp Hello "DeskLamp". How nice to rear from you!

I'm glad you removed the link I posted and didn't have the audacity to download the file beforehand. Quite peculiar thinking there!

As per requested, I upload the file in my case, and did all the other useless stuff the other gentleman requested, so you can have a go in not finding anything wrong with my system.

Now for this thread, the timeout question was not retorical. If your gateway can't handle connections properly, your timeouts should be much shorter, shouldn't? If you want to go ahead and annoy the f**k out of the player, perhaps you should do it in tiny bits, and now in 2 minutes each round, am I right?

• Michalzeszen

@Ubi-DeskLamp The last response on my ticket is, honestly, an insult.

• Michalzeszen

Hello friendly yet not useful forum support members.

I'm just updating this thread to let you know that the game is still crashing and you have yet to answer me on the timeout times.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 3683

Hey @Michalzeszen

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues trying to play the game. Someone will get back to you through your support ticket to look into it further with you.

Regarding your question "why in gods name your games take 1-2 minutes to give the player a timeout?", this isn't something we can give you an answer for. The support team here on the forums and the support tickets have nothing to do with the development of the game itself and why that decision was made. The Nadeo dev team do check out these forums from time to time too and reply to players, so maybe they will see this thread and get back to you here about that if they are able to go into any detail on it.

official-response
  • Michalzeszen

@Ubi-Froggard Really Froggard?

Perhaps the fact that the support staff here and in the cases don't communicate with the dev team explains why I HAVE A THREE MONTH OLD CASE STILL UNSOLVED.

ffs.

• prohjort
    ubisoft:x-posts, 27

I'm still having this issue at random times. For me it usually happens when I try to join a server after a few hours of not playing trackmania.

I've tried really hard to consistently reproduce it. Leaving ubisoft connect on for hours, restarting ubisoft connect before playing, making my internet worse by downloading, watching multiple streams etc, open all the ports in the connectivity guide, and not opening them, running multiple games at once to make my computer slower, joining empty/crowded trackmania servers. However, I CANNOT consistently reproduce it. It happens, or it doesn't happen. Sometimes it can happen multiple times a day, other times it can be days, even weeks where it doesn't happen.

Is it anything we can do to try helping solve this issue?

• Michalzeszen

@prohjort There isn't much we can do to solve this. They're determined to insist the issue is in the user side, even though I have been consistently sending them evidence that there is no issue in my computer or internet provider.

In three months they did nothing but chase their own tails while telling me to do all the "workarounds" available on the support page.

For the life of me, I have never crossed with such an useless support before. I'm amazed.

The core of this issue is that the farther you're from Ubisoft servers, the worst they handle the package exchange between player and server. Opening doors in your modem solves the issue for some of the players that are "not that far" from Ubisoft servers, but there are a bunch of bad lucky players that still get the package loss issue.

Since this is a complex to solve issue, because involves dealing with infrastructure, they simple ignore this and send useless "tutorials" of how to handle connection issues in the client side.

The fun part is that the people which handle the cases here probably don't even have the full picture, and for them the user is the one to blame.

• Michalzeszen

@Michalzeszen There. Lost yet another COTD registration because the game won't connect. 🙂

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 1157

@prohjort Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this issue still and that the steps you've tried have not helped yet. Since it sounds like you've already completed the steps in this FAQ, if you haven't yet, please go ahead and open a support ticket. Please upload images of your opened ports so that our team can take a closer look into what is causing this issue. Thank you!

@Michalzeszen Hello! I apologize for the frustration this issue has caused. 😞 I did look into your case and it looks like you recently updated with the requested image of the port forwarding. Thank you for sending that in! Our team will take a look and get back to you as soon as possible. We're experiencing a high volume of contacts at this time, so I apologize for the delay. I appreciate your patience thus far! Thanks!

official-response
  • Michalzeszen

@Ubi-Perseids Amazing how you treat your costumer as an idiot. There is a three month old case that you cannot handle. The issue is still present and you leave the case to the flies with 8 days plus delay for an answer.

I'm seriously considering going to legal consumer support with this case.

Each interaction a new person attends to the case, and its never a competent analyst which could solve the issue. Only a support staff with little to no experience in development.

I have put several tips of what the problem could be, how you could solve it if you were willing to, but you don't bother to read the reports.

I must be a dement of a person to endure this. How do I get a refund for this worthless games?

• Ubi-Verse
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 1773

@Michalzeszen Hi there 😊

I am really sorry that this issue has been going on for so long. I can imagine that this situation is very frustrating.

As explained before, our support staff is not involved in the development of the game or any potential fixes. However, they are looking into your case and will get back to you as soon as possible. It can take some time, since we are experiencing a high number of contacts at the moment.

I apologize for the inconveniences and frustration that this is causing you!

official-response
  • Michalzeszen

@Ubi-Verse I have never stated that support staff is involved in development, but you're really making an effort to put sense in the title of this thread when you say support isn't involved with the dev team.
    The BEST way to improve software is listening to support complaints.
    If your claim is true, this case will never be solved and your work method is an absurd. This is not how IT is done.

Oh and by the way: still no answer. Seriously, this is beyond frustrating. It is a joke. If this case number isn't a presentation case on "how not to support" at Ubisoft headquarters, I don't know what is. If after all this time your supervisor didn't escalated this to a more qualified team, I don't know what to think. Honestly.

And please: if I will hold back on curses, I ask you to hold back on smile faces and apologizes.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 5495

Hello @Michalzeszen,

As per my response here - I have updated your case with the update from the game team.

We are experiencing higher than usual contact volumes so appreciate your patience at this time and we will continue to response as soon as we can.

Thank you.

official-response

Suggested Topics