ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• locked topic_solved [Oskoreia Festival] Game crashes during opening cutscene or when trying to participate in events | POST HERE

6 likes/42 replies/2198 views
    MinDistortion1
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 26

Is this a freaking bad joke . Ubisoft is trolling us with broken festivals. Last one we got 21 days without been able to play. And now same story again we going to be locked out if the game without been able to play for another 21 days. Great fantastic job ubisoft . And dont tell me you are aware if the problem and are going to fix it as soon as possible. You already said the same lie last festival. So now what ? I want my game refund. This is unacceptable for a game that has 2 years and still crashing because of a cinematic. This is ridiculous. All you want it's our money with your packs releases every week and are not even giving us a proper working game.

In 2 years I have no jomsvicking in my map since wrath of the druids ( never got fixed) , I have a online error message every time I open the map , try to save the game or even trying to buy a item from reda. Your game is broken like I don't know any other game who after 2 years still that broken. Now 2 festivals in a row that dont let us play for 21 days so will be 42 days of game inaccessible in less than 3 month.It kills all fun and interest in your game. This is outrageous and abuse of the consumer. I dont want your opals anymore I can't even use them . Give us 2500 credit Helix or refund the game . This is ruining all progression for the second time.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 5866
    Best Answer

Hi Vikings!

I'm sorry to hear that your game is crashing since the Oskoreia Festival became available.

I have merged all posts into one thread since it appears these crashes are all related to the festival. I can confirm that the issue has been reported to the development team and is being investigated.

If you are experiencing an issue with the game crashing during the opening cutscene for the festival, crashing randomly in Ravensthorpe or crashing during the festival events and you haven't tried any troubleshooting, then please go through the troubleshooting for the platform you are playing the game on below:

PC
    PS4
    PS5
    Xbox One
    Xbox Series X|S

However, if the issue persists could you please post your issue in this thread using the following format:

Platform:

Issue: [Select one of the following]

• Game crashes during the opening cutscene for the festival
    • Game crashes randomly in Ravensthorpe
    • Game crashes during festival events (If so which event)

Do you experiencing crashes outside of Ravensthorpe?:

We can then forward this information on to the development team.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

official-response
  • coolflame0
    ubisoft:x-posts, 19

Ever since the Sigrblot festival, my game has continually crashed when in ravensthorpe. This made it impossible to play the festival, to which I never recieved the 200 opals as compensation for the failure of the game. When the festival was over, the crashes lessened to a more tolerable amount and could do some things in ravensthorpe. Now that the Oskoreia festival is out, I've come into the same problem, where upon loading my game, I am stuck in an endless loop of cutscenes to game crashing, only to repeat in hopes of breaking through all the cut scenes. This game breaking issue has seemed to never been resolved from one festival to the next.
    Because of this I will have missed out on 2 festivals and their items and hundreds of opals. I have over 530+hours in game and have completed all the DLC. I just want to be able to enjoy the game I payed for. Hell GTA 5 online is a bigger game and it doesn't have this many game breaking issues. So will ubisoft fix this issue or will nothing be done yet again? Am I going to be screwed out of opals again as well? Time will tell.

• UniversalCalm
    ubisoft:x-posts, 2

Have run into an issue during the new quest “A Measure of Respect” in the Oskoreia Festival. After initiating dialogue with the mad monk at night and the game goes to the cutscene of Eivor’s dialogue with the people of ravensthorpe the game crashes every time without exception. Playing on Xbox one. Have already checked for game updates, system updates, and power cycled the console.

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @UniversalCalm I'm sorry to hear that your game is crashing during the Oskoreia festival quest 'A Measure of Respect'.

Have you encountered crashes anywhere else in the game or only during this quest? Also is your game installed on the internal drive or an external drive?

official-response
  • tTheUnseenEvil
    ubisoft:x-posts, 2

I have not had my Vahalla crashing until you all added the Oskoreia festival. I have played over 1,638 hours and now I can't play my game at all. It is crashing in the same spot. That is the beginning dialog with Evior speaking to the 2 individuals.

• rsa1867
    ubisoft:x-posts, 1

Same thing is happening to me.

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @tTheUnseenEvil I'm sorry to hear that your game is also crashing during the quest  'A Measure of Respect'.

Could you please go through the console troubleshooting then try again. If the issue persists can you confirm if the game is installed on the internal drive or an external drive?

official-response
  • Ubi-Keo

Hi @MinDistortion1 @coolflame0 I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes since the Oskoreia Festival. I'm also sorry to hear that you experienced issues with the Sigrblot Festival too.

First of all could you please go through the console troubleshooting if you haven't already done so to see if this helps. However if the issue persists could you confirm if the game is installed on your internal drive or an external drive?

Also can you confirm if the game crashes randomly when in Ravensthorpe, as soon as you enter Ravensthorpe or during a specific festival quest? If it's during a festival quest can you confirm which one? We have already received two reports that the game is crashing during the festival quest 'A Measure of Respect'.

Are you also able to play the game normally without the game crashing if you do not enter Ravensthorpe or are you stuck with the game crashing and cannot leave Ravensthorpe at all?

@MinDistortion1 with regards to the other two issues that you mentioned, could you create new posts for each of those and we will look into them further as those a separate issues.

official-response
  • ErkB423

@UniversalCalm Im experiencing this exact same problem. I'm also playing on Xbox one and have tried everything restarting my console, redownloading the game, moving the game to internal storage. I think it has some to do with ravensthorpe itself as for me everytime I spend like ten minutes or so in the settlement the game will eventually crash. But I can spend hours outside of ravensthorpe and be fine. I was experiencing crashes while in ravensthorpe since the forgotten saga was released.

• MinDistortion1

Have done the troubleshooting solutions, clean xbox cache, game is installed on internal drive. Since previous festival o get occasionally game crashes entering Ravensthorpe. And since the actual festival started game crashes during cinematic. It's impossible to play the de festival. And I know how many tickets we post won't change anything. Here we go again for 21 days unable to spawn in England in ravensthorpe. What a waste of 300 euros i put in this fame so far. 2 years of broken game. And j have seen other tickets for my problems nothing ever got resolved I don't see the point I add my tickets for problems already mentioned at month that still not resolved.

• guest-HoW0ydGF

Seriously? Again? First not able to play Sigrblot festival or get rewards now same thing for 2022 Oskeira? Why Ubisoft? Your gamers have spent a lot of time and money on AC Valhalla how can you just let all these game breaking problems go unresolved. My game is crashing towards the tail end of the oskeira cinematic opening. Every time. Same as Sigrblot. I’ve tried the troubleshooting I’ve tried changing my inventory to all old outfits and weapons it still crashes. Please prove me wrong and actually fix the problem this time instead sending a scripted response every few days that you’re working on it. This is unacceptable.

• Goose4519

Hello, I'm having the same trouble as well. I get to the point where Eivor stands on table and says there is no hunt tonight and kicks me out everytime. I can spend hours doing other stuff, even within Ravensthorpe, and other festival activities. I just can't do that quest.

• Tdubb856

@ErkB423 same here. Tried all the troubleshooting. Hope they can get this fixed soon. The festivals have all been crashing this year.

• coolflame0

@Ubi-Keo I've gone through all of the troubleshooting and the game is on my internal hardrive. The game crashes when near the long boat in the middle of the festival or when fast traveling to ravensthorpe.

I have been finally able to get past the intial cutscene of the event and fast traveled away from the area. I've tried completing some of the event, only to crash any time I am near the long boat. 'A measure of Resepct' also adds to the crashing of the game.

As long as I do not enter ravensthorpe, the game is playable. When in ravensthorpe, I cannot stay long before it crashes, even if I'm not near the festival side. But to reiterate, the closer I am to the long boat of the festival the faster my game crashes.

• Dr._.Feelgood

@coolflame0 I also have this problem. Crashed every single time I go to Ravensthorpe during the cutscene. Just like that joke of a Sigerblot festival that I waited for a patch that never came and didn't even get compensation. A disgrace of a game now unplayable, can't even play the "content" Ubisoft puts out and they never do anything to fix it. I already followed all the troubleshooting steps and I guarantee they'll do nothing to fix it before it's over.

• MinDistortion1

so now what ? we already know it wont be ffix en time. do you realy expect ppl will be sarsfied with some opals for not been able to play another 18 days
    do you think thats the service i expect after spending 300 euros in your game? We deserve a way better compenstion than opals. I'm serious in asking 2500 credits Heilx . Or refund . Realy tired to play a brken game at 2 year. While keeping support buying your packs.and not even able to play !!

• Ubi-Keo
    Best Answer

Hi Vikings!

I'm sorry to hear that your game is crashing since the Oskoreia Festival became available.

I have merged all posts into one thread since it appears these crashes are all related to the festival. I can confirm that the issue has been reported to the development team and is being investigated.

If you are experiencing an issue with the game crashing during the opening cutscene for the festival, crashing randomly in Ravensthorpe or crashing during the festival events and you haven't tried any troubleshooting, then please go through the troubleshooting for the platform you are playing the game on below:

PC
    PS4
    PS5
    Xbox One
    Xbox Series X|S

However, if the issue persists could you please post your issue in this thread using the following format:

Platform:

Issue: [Select one of the following]

• Game crashes during the opening cutscene for the festival
    • Game crashes randomly in Ravensthorpe
    • Game crashes during festival events (If so which event)

Do you experiencing crashes outside of Ravensthorpe?:

We can then forward this information on to the development team.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

official-response
  • coolflame0

@Ubi-Keo Why is this considered a solution, when knowing that the troubleshooting will not solve the game crashes? It just seems by stating that the post is a solution, that ubisoft does not take these seriously and use band-aid tactics for real problems that persist in the game and to only wait it out till the ferstival is over, to again, not fix the issue.

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @coolflame0 we would always recommend troubleshooting for crash related issues in case it does help.

I can assure you that the development team take this and all other issues that are reported seriously.

I understand your frustration as you have experienced issues with the Sigrblot festival and now the Oskoreia festival and can only apologise for the inconvenience caused.

official-response
  • yelirsm

I have solved the problem for me. Xbox one. I moved the Valhalla game to internal memory, switched off the console, switched back on, then held the controller button down for 15 seconds, held the console button in for 15 seconds, pulled the power cable out for 15 seconds then reconnected the cable, switched on using the console power button, started the controller then loaded the game. In game, I waited for the save icon to finish turning, meditated till night then waited again for the save icon. I approached the monk, spoke and the scene completed smoothly. Hope this works for you.

Suggested Topics