ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• moved topic_unsolved Should we even report PC CRASHES anymore?

6 likes/36 replies/586 views
    DrMIDNIITE
    ubisoft:x-posts, 23

I stopped reporting mine. But for me, it crashes only like once a day now. I used ISLC and did some other stuff on my end to help alleviate the problem. I waited from TU15 to TU16.2 for Massive to fix it. I was mainly waiting for the second drop of updates that they supposedly put fixes in the game specifically for the crashes. Didn't do anything for me. I crashed about 3 or 4 times within an hour of first logging back on in over 3 months.

So I decided to do a bit of research and kind of see a couple of different things I could do on my end. ISLC, disabling Exploit Protection (which I'm still iffy on whether or not I should leave that disabled), disabled the in-game overlay in both Ubi-Connect and Nvidia. Disabled a bunch of stuff in Ubi-Connect actually, cause frack ubi-connect. Added all the .EXE files for TD2 to my exempt list in my virus protection. Somehow it helped. I can live with one crash a day, even though I shouldn't. Like, I can't speak for others, but I do give them money every few months for the Seasons paid track. I bought the game at launch, even pre-ordered it. I've bought packages of premium credits. They're getting my money, so yes, I have every right to be upset about a product that I'm paying for that isn't working.

• former_user
    ubisoft:x-posts, 0
    They're getting my money, so yes, I have every right to be upset about a product that I'm paying for that isn't working.

Nobody is saying you can't be upset, but ranting about crashes without supplying details accomplishes nothing.

I've said it before, but will repeat again - PC players should stop buying season passes/premium credits until the crashes have been fixed to their satisfaction. That is the only signal that ultimately matters.

• Nerfed-Again
    ubisoft:x-posts, 71

@chacachaca13 It's obvious that the complaining isn't doing a thing. Just uninstall it (like i have) and do not buy another Ubisoft game until you know it is fit for purpose or until you know they have improved as a company. All any company wants these days is your money, don't give it to them until they improve how gaming is going.

Easiest and simplest solution, imo.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    ubisoft:x-posts, 837

@Nerfed-Again

with my other Ubisoft games I have no trouble:
    division 1
    ghost recon wildlands
    far cry 5
    far cry 6

• echolecter
    ubisoft:x-posts, 393

@suschunga To follow suit with your nitpicking, there actually are companyies that have excellent first-line support that not only says they take note of issues but also solve them, on the fly or they will get back to you later in time, for any case reported.

Bringing up two applications that appearently interfered with games isn't cutting it either. In such cases all Ubisoft can do about that is to advise not to use both at the same time. So what do player do, not use them, what happens afterwards, the game still 'crashes' or goes into unresponsive state. There is nothing anyone can do about that, they aren't responsible for each others products. At best they could get in touch and try to resolve the issue if possible at all.

But when you, as designer, decide to use components, parts, or functionality (platform to run on) for your product you will need to comply to their specifications. When not meeting your standards or requirement go out and look for others. This applies to anything that is manufactured, constructed, produced, or in this case for games. When the specification changes you need to adapt or your product may fail. Whether or not you decide to use such parts, or functionality that might be known or tend to malfunction (in future) is up to development and is labeled as risk management.

But as mentioned already I now also starting to think that you're on Ubisoft' payroll or maybe aspire to get on it. Reporting crashes is a pure waist of time, they already know it's happening for a very long time. And they cannot go back to pre-TU12 versions where this issue didn't occur on the scale it currently does.

• former_user
    To follow suit with your nitpicking, there actually are companyies that have excellent first-line support that not only says they take note of issues but also solve them, on the fly or they will get back to you later in time, for any case reported.

Welcome to reality, where the vast majority of companies don't. Ubisoft being one of them.

Bringing up two applications that appearently interfered with games isn't cutting it either. In such cases all Ubisoft can do about that is to advise not to use both at the same time.

LMAO. You are naive if you think any developer can keep on top of all the software that people are running on their machines. I am confident that nobody here runs the same combinations of OS, drivers and software that you do.

But when you, as designer, decide to use components, parts, or functionality (platform to run on) for your product you will need to comply to their specifications.

What's amusing is that you acknowledge that developers of other software can't do anything about other developers products misbehaving. Then go on to make this naive statement. As another example of how naive this is, you should take a look at how anti-virus programs inject themselves into browsers, introducing all sorts of security risks and bugs: (https://portswigger.net/daily-swig/kaspersky-in-the-middle-bugs-triaged). Or device manufacturers that run kernel drivers which do the same: (https://packetstormsecurity.com/files/150893/ASUS-Driver-Privilege-Escalation.html).

But as mentioned already I now also starting to think that you're on Ubisoft' payroll or maybe aspire to get on it.

Ah yes, that must be why I recommended people stop buying season passes to send the only signal that matters. $$$

Reporting crashes is a pure waist of time

In which case, why are you still here?

• chacachaca13
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 105

@Imagine_Brata I have to say that it is definitely beginning to look like this is a serious issue with developers and the overwhelming number of different configurations of pc's these days. 20 series with an i5 or 30 series with a 12 XXX chip and ssd or hdd and so on and so forth. We now see it with MW2 and the crashes that from what I understand is only happening on pc's and not console? While I have no love for these guys, I could understand the nightmare that is the pc world and gaming.

My benchmark shows my gpu nearly running at 100% and I'm not even on ultra for all setting. These games stress medium builds as it is and I can only imagine running older ones. While it is nice to have a pc with high fps and so on, I never had issues with a console. I may go back to playing on a console I'f I'm being completely honest. The pc world doesn't help one another out and everyone has different settings, etc and that leaves way to many holes.

Make sense?

• DukeNukeSam
    ubisoft:x-posts, 2

For me, Countdown is the worst for crashing and I'm fed up with getting to the end the freeze/crash before you can extract. It really discourages you from continuing to support the game and Devs even though I really want to.

We are all chasing exotic components and Countdown is a good option for this but the crashing at roughly 50% chance of happening... I wish they would make more efforts to fix this....

I believe it is server related not PC hardware.

• Rodnaz
    ubisoft:x-posts, 88

@DukeNukeSam

I don't report anything anymore. Last time it was a case of being on the east coast servers while I am in the West.
    I reported lag & studders. They said take a picture of your ports & do port forwarding. Something else but they completely bypassed my problem. I told them you completely bypassed my problem in one sentence. My was lag related. I was connected to east coast region which is a least 2500 miles compared to the west 400 miles. He said fine but do it anyway until they get that last large update completed.

Their tech & troubleshooters were completely off course & they wanted to & tried to waist my time. No more I will not do or say squat or buy any product from them. NOTHING, I seldom crash but they can figure it out its obvious they do not need me. It also points them not needing help from anyone. Why should they its always a wild goose chase.

• Nerfed-Again
    ubisoft:x-posts, 71

@GnarlyAtol1793 Were these games all released before The Division 2? Ubisoft seem to go downhill fast at the Division 2 stage of their game development.

• Gabriel.Knight
    ubisoft:x-posts, 427

@Nerfed-Again FarCry 6 came out after D2. In fact, I believe that they took a lot of D2 servers and made them FC6 servers.

• echolecter
    ubisoft:x-posts, 393

@suschunga Well you can try to spin it in every which way you like but that doesn't change anything. Yet again you continue posting links of applications that aren't even made by Ubisoft nor have any relation the game. Meaningless smoke screens. Whatever developers do with their product is their own choice, if it turns out later they were wrong and it doens't work, that's their problem. As for using such faulty or intrusive products, it might be a surprise but as end-user you have a choice not to install them.

• former_user
    Yet again you continue posting links of applications that aren't even made by Ubisoft nor have any relation the game.

That is exactly the point. The game has to work within an unknown environment, in parallel with software developed by completely unrelated entities. Massive aren't the only ones who are strugging with this - see MW2.

Whatever developers do with their product is their own choice, if it turns out later they were wrong and it doens't work, that's their problem. As for using such faulty or intrusive products, it might be a surprise but as end-user you have a choice not to install them.

This is disingenuous and naive. Many devices require additional software in order to access the functionality people bought them for. Poorly written software can also affect other software that runs on the same machine.

• chacachaca13
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 105

@DukeNukeSam 100% agree about Countdown. I affectionately refer to it as The GumpDown due to the ridiculous amount of running when you have to go from one side of the plant to the absolute furthest point and then back again for extraction. I laugh while running and saying "And I was running" in a Forrest Gump voice.

Countdown means from the moment we start, it is a Countdown to see how soon the first player will disconnect or in a lot of cases multiple players will disconnect. I have possibly only completed a CD with the other 7 players perhaps a couple to few times only. I'm not a CD vet, but may have 30 plus attempted or completed in the past couple of weeks and just from that alone, it is pretty evident that the OVERWHELMING majority of runs finish with 6 or less. So I just stopped running Heroic and do Challenging now. I rather know I'll get the completion points than the loot which is STILL A LAUGHING attempt at collecting gear. Rainbow drops, all three rolls at 75% or less. I've seen 2 or 3 exotics and have yet to get a decent Godroll outside of skill attributes on a red gear piece. I love when you see a god rolled item drop like a providence, pick it up and find out the rolls are explosive resistance and or weapon handling or something totally useless.

But yes, if someone really wants to see how bad the pc crashes are, just fire up a Heroic match of Countdown and even challenging.

• T0xicSc0rpi0n89
    ubisoft:x-posts, 6

My game craches if i start it via Ubisoft Connect. If i start it via shortcut from Division2.exe out of the gamefolder with adminrights it dont crash but performance (FPS) wise its not as good as via Ubisoft Connect.

EDIT: NO IT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ITS TOTALY RANDOM!!

IF somebody has no control about the Task Manager because the game is always push itself in front ALT+O should push the Taskmanager to the front

• Imagine_Brata
    ubisoft:x-posts, 963
    IF somebody has no control about the Task Manager because the game is always push itself in front ALT+O should push the Taskmanager to the front

There is an option in the task manager settings "always on top"

Suggested Topics