ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Does Ubisoft have something against text communication in-game? Far Cry 6 makes it a hassle for my brother and I to communicate in our co-op sessions and we can't understand why.

0 Likes/4 Replies/163 Views
    MISTER_GORKY
    Original poster 2 posts

I am deeply disappointed in Ubisoft for choosing not to include a simple text chat feature in-game. I'm not interested in using a microphone when I play because typing is good enough, as it always has been. I'm also not interested in using Ubi's awful Ubisoft Connect chat feature. It's a hassle to use and unnecessary for the most part. Let me put it this way: it will never come close to being as useful as a simple in-game chat function. I just don't understand why they didn't just make it optional at least since it can't be hard to implement if even the worst games have it. I haven't seen an official poll done on this (haha), but maybe Ubisoft needs to do one so if they continue to exclude the cherished in-game ability to chat with your fingers they'll at least have some idea of how many players are not only feeling confused and irked, but may just abandon the Far Cry franchise altogether, as I might be doing after finishing FC6. If you're going to ditch an essential feature for any multiplayer game for no good reason while at the same time snubbing your nose at all the millions of players who still like the function to be there, whether they use it or not, then I don't need to keep buying something that obviously wasn't made for me or for any other player who doesn't appreciate being forced to use a microphone or an extremely clunky 'Connect' function.

Ubisoft, if you read this please don't bother responding if all you're going to do is try to convince myself and anyone else reading this that somehow this is an issue I'm confused about and need to have a support ticket opened on my behalf. It's happened before when I complained about the same thing in FC5, but at least in that one it was sliighttly less tedious using the Steam overlay with its sound notifications on top of tthat. I don't care if Ubisoft Connect has a sound option that can be turned on somewhere either. That's not the point. Anyway, this guy with some name indicating he was a Ubisoft Dev responded to tthe exact stuff I'm talking about here and literally fed me a nonsensical load of script reading -- from obviously not having a clue whatt I was talking about, to claiming that I can open a ticket tto resolve my issue. The numbskull even had the nerve to actually request tech support contact me on my behalf, almost like some kind of half-functioning robot programmed to insult my intelligence.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3664 posts

Hey @MISTER_GORKY

We can create a suggestion report for the dev team so that they may consider it for future games and/or updates, though, we don't see a lot of requests for this.

We generally don't do polls to see how much something is requested, we just report to them how much we are seeing requests for things, and it's more likely to be noticed if we see a lot of posts asking for the same thing, so I would urge the community seeing this to just leave a +1 comment if this is something that you'd like to see.

Official Response
  • Steve64b
    182 posts

I guess in case of Far Cry, the devs wanted a codebase that's the same across platforms. Consoles may have fewer need for text chat than PC, so making this PC-only feature would require more effort that it's worth.

• modmcsupersport
    18 posts

@MISTER_GORKY

Because Discord and similar programs are much better than any ingame chat.

Hint.....get the microphone and a good headset and enjoy the talking to your fellow player and setting up strategies and attacks. Yeah, I read it, you think typing is just fine as it always was.....yeah, horse and buggies were good enough once upon a time, yet now we have cars, and internal combustion engines were good enough, yet now we are getting electric cars....progress happens, and often it is really really good. So yes, talking is better than typing when playing a shooter.

Suggested Topics