ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• topic_unsolved Division 2 Expertise is it broken?

0 likes/12 replies/1016 views
    Hefeydd_
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 32

Hello Division Devs,

I worked my way through my Expertise to get to Level 10 and last night I levelled up whilst I was in my going through my gear and sorting out what to donate I went back to the main Expertise screen and instead of being on 10 it went back to Level 9...? I won't say what I said it was rather blue but what the heck I spent all that time and effort on my Expertise and instead of going to Level 10 it went back to Level 9. Sadly I do not have a recording because consoles are useless at recording anything. But it was already on Level 9 and I was half expecting this to go to Level 10 I was so ruddy annoyed and angry I should now be on Level 10 and yet the digit didn't change it stayed on Level 9. To say that I am angry is an Undetstamenent the amount of work that we have to put into the Expertise System itself is a lot and for this to not move from a single digit to double digits... Well, I won't say what I want to say because I would be banned from the forum. But it was an absolute joke to be put back to Level 9 when I was already on level 9 and it didn't change to Level 10...? So the question here is, is Expertise broken?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Hefeydd_

@Hefeydd_ Okay there are other players reporting similar issues with Expertise in my case it didn't level up I just read about one player who was on Level 8 and they went back down to level 6. at least it isn't just me there is an issue yes it is annoying but it is a 3-year-old game.

• Ubi-SleepyGoat
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 812

Hey there @Hefeydd_

While there are not any devs here on the player support forum, we can get your concerns escalated to them once we collect enough information.

First, I will need a screenshot showing that you were at expertise level 10 at some point before lowering back down to level 9. Once we have that, I can get your account information forwarded to the Team for review to see if we can figure out why this happened!

official-response
  • hyper---sniper
    ubisoft:x-posts, 253

@Hefeydd_ This has happened to me as well and it does not matter how old the game is , not all player have owned it from the start ,and it is hard work upgrading if you are a solo player ,. this is just more bugs that get swept under the carpet and ignored , if we went up a level it would be fixed before it broke ..

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 1130

@hyper-sniper Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you also experienced this issue. Would you be able to provide an image like @Ubi-SleepyGoat described above? An image showing what expertise level you were at, and then another one showing it was lowered. Once we have that, we can pass it along to the team so they can look into this issue further. Thanks!

official-response
  • Hefeydd_
    Hey there @Hefeydd_

While there are not any devs here on the player support forum, we can get your concerns escalated to them once we collect enough information.

First, I will need a screenshot showing that you were at expertise level 10 at some point before lowering back down to level 9. Once we have that, I can get your account information forwarded to the Team for review to see if we can figure out why this happened!

In the below image, I just went around from 9 and instead of changing to 10, it stayed at 9. I checked with the community and spoke to other players on Reddit who have experience the same problem. One was on 20 he logged back in and dropped down 6 levels so there is an issue here somewhere I levelled up on the PS5 to 10 with no issues at all but the XBX SX won't level up and all the hard work I had our in to level up and it stayed on level 9 I was annoyed because that was a waste of endless hours of gameplay and farming to level up and it's stayed on level 9. PS no issues XBX yes.

• Noxious81
    ubisoft:x-posts, 1302
    (...) One was on 20 he logged back in and dropped down 6 levels (...)

And did this player when this did happen to him? Because there was a bug months ago with Expertise, granting too many XP at some point. So when fixing this bug, some Expertise Levels of players benefiting from this generosity (either accidentally or intentionally) got corrected.

(...) and it's stayed on level 9. PS no issues XBX yes.

Just to shed some more light on this situation – did the number below your Expertise Level change? On your screenshot it says "10/200". Do you know, what it was before?

And what exactly did you do to increase your Proficiency Ranks and thus your Expertise Level? Did you play (with what gear?) or donate or both or...?

• Ubi-SleepyGoat

Hey again @Hefeydd_

I will reiterate, we will need to see a screenshot showing that you were at Expertise 10 and that it was lowered to 9. A screenshot showing that you are currently at 9 does not display that your expertise lowered.

If you have this happen again after reaching a higher expertise level, please let me know at that point. Unfortunately, without seeing visual proof that your expertise level lowered, there is no way for us to get this reported or investigated.

official-response
  • hyper---sniper

@Ubi-SleepyGoat If you donate and it stays at say 9 like the op , how can you send a picture of you at 10 ?.. I may have a recording of it but i have so many recordings of bugs etc it may take a while to find it.

this picture or video proof is just a con how many players record their gameplay or even think of saving a screen shot, never found another game like this .

So every player is telling porkies if they do not have a picture or video ?.. Like i keep saying we buy a game to play not to test and send reports every day ,

I would love to know how many mats i have lost through bugs and glitches in this game , never mind the crashes or the constant nerfs.

• Ubi-SleepyGoat

Hey there @hyper-sniper

In order to report this, I would need visual proof that your expertise level was at 10 and reduced to 9, as the original post that opened this thread claimed.

Once we have a set of images that displays that, I can get this reported!

official-response
  • hyper---sniper

@Ubi-SleepyGoat So now we need to grab a screen shot every time we donate ? just in case this happens , what a joke this game is getting to be , the game of greed is getting worse by the day ,

We come here to report bugs etc , not to try and get something for nothing ?. but we need pictures and video or it did not happen lol ... UBI GREED ..

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 5434

Hey @hyper-sniper,

As there is no guarantee the game team will encounter the same issue you're reporting, the more evidence and examples we're able to collect to raise, the better.

Without this information, the team are limited in available resources to effectively investigate and it will ultimately take longer to resolve the issue.

official-response

Suggested Topics