ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• topic_unsolved Peace Timers on New Regional quest handovers

0 likes/5 replies/1165 views
    SirHarryPierce
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 283

Dear Ubisoft team,

This is something that is bothering me for a while already in Expert mode and I posted about earlier (I think in old forums), but was never picked up.

Can you please make some time to fix this? 

When you settle a quest island, like La Isla, Crown Falls or Taborime, there is NO peace timer.

When you are in expert mode and enter the arena in WAR. The AI will have the opportunity to instantly attack your new island.

As a player you will barely have time to send in a support fleet, because that fleet cannot be joined with the Expedition and has travel time.

When you then do loose the island, you also loose the quests related. With loosing La Isla (and later Priority), you instantly loose the campaign (without any explanation on the DEFEAT screen). 

Here an example of me entering Cape Trelawney and settling with Cannons immediately, which is not even possible when entering the New World or Enbesa, since you have to tier up first.

Very frustrating experience.

The video; 

Second attempt;

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 3591

Hey @SirHarryPierce

Thanks for the videos and providing your feedback on this and I apologise if it wasn't spotted on the old forums. I can't promise any changes myself but I'll forward it to the dev team for them to consider if they think a change should be made to this.

official-response
  • Humility925
    ubisoft:x-posts, 163

best strategy is not rush it, but plan ahead, ceasefire or bring your war fleet to guard your would be island. I know that peace timer won't work when settle on new island, it's only work if it hostile takeover island, whatever it is player or enemies.

diplomacy with hard ai can be very unreasonable as they may won't ceasefire that easy while pirate is so easy ceasefire, it's been long time I play with hard/3 star a.i, for this reason I played medium/2 star AI, I think diplomacy with 3 star AI should be little easier when come to war, trying make ceasefire at least.

Those cape trelawney, Crown Fall, before meet Queen's ship, is best time when there is no war, if there is war, then wait till that war is resolve. It's bad idea to do main quest while secondary personal war ongoing, I just avoid going see Queen/Crown Fall even Cape Trelawney when I had a war with AI, first try make peace or destroy AI before doing that Cape Trelawney Main Quest, that is very long quest with goal build up 5,000 investors with grand fair. I suggest load game before going Cape Trelawney or before meet Queen (AI won't settle crown fall, but will take over your island as failed duty to keep Crown Fall safe, end quest failed.

Key is avoid any war with AI when plan ahead doing those big main/side quest on special island, since you put in all 3 hard AI, it's would be good idea plan had couple fleet trades ship had a resource to build harbor defense, special island always should had harbor defense when one had 3 all of 3 star/hard AI, (2 star and 1 star AI is not need harbor defense because easier to deal with diplomacy, 2 star ai do need little work, flavor of their side quest to build up relations or stay good term with them, or remove ai, but that might felt less alive. I find 2 star AI seem to be reasonable when come to diplomacy, but hard ai diplomacy do need improve, especially once hard ai enter war with human player as they won't make peace or ceasefire and fight to death long ago, I'm not sure it's still remain same to this latest patch since I only play with 1 and 2 star a.i make game much more enjoyment and easier with diplomacy. I do had 3 hard ai before, and it's not fun, very burden due they are unreasonable when come to diplomacy even I was winning at a time build number of war ship to overwheling them.

• SirHarryPierce
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 283

@Humility925 since I steer on WAR with the AI, this will not work for me. But I managed in the end. This game was not rushed. I have a few speedruns on Expert that are a rush, but then I speedrun to CF and enter the arena without any contest.

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 554

Hi @SirHarryPierce and thanks for confirming you've managed to get past this annoying issue! Glad to hear you've managed to complete it! My colleague has already forwarded feedback about this, but let us know if you have any other questions or need more info!

Thanks for helping our, @Humility925 !

official-response

Suggested Topics