ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Unsolved Questions about new and old Splinter Cell development and support (and, maybe, other franchise)

0 Likes/1 Replies/210 Views
    UAMrCartmanUA
    Original poster 2 posts

Sorry, im by mistake add this topic to Rocksmith+ but want that here, in General Discussion. I new here, dont judge me so much:)

Im a big fan of Splinter Sell. Have a over 200 hours in Blacklist, played in 2008 a lots of hours buggy (but great) Double Agent, complete Conviction and spend a MASSIVE amount hours in replay Chaos Theory. And im glad that Ubisoft returned to series and have a Chaos Theory like a example.

But after servers shutdown of Blacklist, like a fan of series, i have a few question about support game:

1. will be in game (Blacklist for example) dedicated servers etc? Game right now have only singleplayer and players cant create matches and play coop with each other, because its created in Ubisoft servers. I understand so that things prorably planned whem game is developed and all that systems created before. But do developes have something like "Plan B"?:) Singleplayer is great, but we can replay that game with friends over and over again and that give a game second breath.
    2. second, i see one interesting thing, what i want to share - i see a so big amount of players, who plays old games right now. Literally 30 minutes ago i played with friends and old fans of one non famous great game from 2003. I buyed that game on the Steam, buy it for my friend too and playing it over 85 hours. I saw many servers alive in Battlefield 2 (2005), SWAT 4, even old Rainbow Six Raven Shield (i bought on the Steam too) and my favourite Ghost Recon with Desert SIege and Island Thunder (2001). Half Life from 1998 alive more than many games even now, and new mods realease even in 2022! I realy glad that old games still alive and community love them even in 2022. That games didnt died. Many studios is closed who developed them, many forget support them (and its fine, because they old and dont have a giant fanbase). But they leave for players SDK, possibility to create servers which dont related with official or with launchers, they give fans a possibility to create mods, give a level editors etc. Its can be very hard to for developers make that tools, i understand that, but people with pleasure make a tons of mods for that game by many years, create servers and play with each others and its warm heart of many gamers. And what important - game wiil be alive after many years and people can buy this games even after 15 years after release. Dont get me wrong, please, I dont wanna be provocative, its not a hate or burling or something. No. I wanna share this with developers, like fan, with my worries. Its really hurt, when many people have a hard work making videogame and after 10 years game will be dissapear and forgotten and about many functions or coop you can read only in the Wikipedia. A big teams of people, who manage to create good AI, graphics, audio, developed or update game engine, being so enthusiastic, passionate and make all that stuff working together - and after their hard work will be dissapear. SC Blacklist is now closed game and its unavailable to play with friends. That game literally dead. Nobody will seeing that work, what does, for example, a little team from Ubisoft Toronto, who makes a coop, write a network code for that, optimize it etc. After playing GR:Wildlands, which related fully with Ubisoft servers, i think that game after 4-5 years will be dead too. No mods, no coop, nothing. People had a great time, but they dont really have to do something after that. And after all what i wrote here before, i have a question what really worried me - did you planned, for example, in new Splinter Sell Remake a mods support, dedicated servers (or possibilty to create this after servers shutdown) or level editor etc? Did you planned that for other new games of other series? I understand, maybe Ubisoft have politics about that or they fighting with piracy like that (what didnt work well in many ways, sorry), so can they prepare the all game system to add all that stuff like "plan B", after shutting servers? I worried about games, where 500-1000 people team making a 5 years with big budgets like 75-200million $ and when after that all that games lives only 4-8 years and than they stays forgotten forever like never was existing.
    3. And last question, what i think you dont have a answer, but i still try:) Did Ubisoft planned a some patches for old Splinter Cell in the future? Like widescreen for Chaos Theory or some kind a controls patch in Double Agent after some years or after succeed of Splinter Cell Remake (what i believe and hope will be very succeed) and will be company update that games in the Steam? Or Ubisoft Connect, idk.

Thank you in advance for read that and I truly appreciate all your time spent on this!
    Sorry for mistakes:)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics