ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• The Settlers: New Allies will launch on PC on February 17, 2023

0 likes/37 replies/13509 views
    editorial
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 1601

We’re excited to announce that The Settlers: New Allies will be coming to PC on February 17, 2023! Find out more about the three different game modes and our upcoming live streams here.

link-to-article
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Rysox_ST
    ubisoft:x-posts, 7

Is an addition of fortifications planned?

• Samlucasson55
    ubisoft:x-posts, 24

@editorial Why?... Just why?
    That's all - whatever we write here is of no concern to the developers. They are currently speedrunning for 2 achievements: "Not listening to feedback" and "Run a legendary series in the ground"

So resistant to logic. Enjoy the storm coming on 17th of february. At least we now can get disappointed across multiple plattforms. 🤡

• C4ssy5
    ubisoft:x-posts, 35

@Rysox_ST That would be great - and adding the other missing features we are asking for since january. But they just do not care! We waisted our time all these months at least this farce is soon over. They needed almost 1 year just to add the basics of a videogame and to retexture some assests. This is a complete joke. And the project was so promising when it got shown to us in 2019.

Just go bankrupt already Ubisoft. This is embarrassing!

• TomK1888
    ubisoft:x-posts, 33

@editorial Just look at the at this picture from 2019:
    Ubisoft RTS 'The Settlers' delayed indefinitely | KitGuru

Not look at the one from this year:
    Ubisoft's The Settlers receives yet another delay due to beta feedback

Look at the combat from 2019:
    The Settlers Is a Reboot of the Classic & It's Slated for a Fall 2019  Release — FRAGS OF WAR
    The Real-Time Strategy Builder The Settlers Has Been Postponed

Now the one from 2022:
    “The Settlers” Closed Beta – Useful information

Image waiting 2 years for Ubisofts biggest downgrade in their gaming history. Who looks at that crap and says: "Yeah. That's great. Release it!". Cannot wait to see how the stream turns out - they will most likely ignore all the questions form the community about the old version.

I hope for every promise made by Ubisoft which remained unfulfilled BUT was still advertised by them - that they get sued over this joke. Worst game so far 2023!

• tynyczech1
    ubisoft:x-posts, 2

are you kidding? is this supposed to be the big adjustment? after all, it's the same as a year ago, only slightly modified... shame on all fans of the series... normally you don't take us seriously... what don't you understand about a more complex economy, more building than fighting... it's not settlers it's garbage... I don't know who you are adding to the testing, but not the fans...

• tynyczech1
    ubisoft:x-posts, 2
    post_is_deleted
  • AlxRou
    ubisoft:x-posts, 29

At least they changed the name.
    It's not "The Settlers" nor "The Settlers 8".
    Let's hope for a real Settlers 8 some time in the future. For now, R.I.P. Settlers ...

• pete2097
    ubisoft:x-posts, 4

What is settlers?
    Settlers is a resource and transportation management games.
    What is this?
    Is this settlers?
    I'd argue you are not making a game that WE want.
    Is it fun? I played the beta, it was broken.
    I watch the videos, even the updates, it still looks broken.
    LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY we want a good settlers games. Stop thinking you know what makes a good game because 7 games have show you what we want. MORE OF THE SAME....
    Not this. we didn't ask for this, and THIS ISN'T FUN!
    And a game should be fun.
    Have one more beta, see how that turns out... Or are you giving up on our feedback?

• eehbiertje
    ubisoft:x-posts, 1

Can we please have another Beta so you can try to listen to player feedback yet again!

This game shouldn't even be called a Settlers game..
    Hope some high exec will burn his hands on this one! I ain't buying this crap unless its for sale for a few bucks.

• Rabidmofo3

At least I'm saving my money I guess.

Clear they want some sort of quick paced RTS simple enough to max player engagement to sell skins.

This game will be f2p in a month after they do horrible sales and no one's buying skins for a boring game.

• Mile666CZ

I'm looking forward to The Settlers where I can manage my beautiful village/city and watch all the workers doing their job. I don't want another AoE. If you really must implement a combat, please give us an opportunity to keep it at easy difficulty and it should be a very insignificant part of the game.

• EasternWind2010
    ubisoft:x-posts, 3

@AlxRou That would be The Settlers: Kingdoms of Anteria (Champions of Anteria) 2. Probably The Colonists (2018) had more complex economic system.

• KodaSitka
    ubisoft:x-posts, 23

@editorial this is embarrassing, ouff, well get it over with so we can move on

• HaxerFlaxer

🎼 All I want for christmas is Settlers 3 with this new engine.

• LucasCao
    ubisoft:x-posts, 5

@TomK1888 Totally agree. What is wrong with them?

• AlxRou
    ubisoft:x-posts, 29

Also we now know why they ditched the 2019 version of the game. They wanted a game they could release for consoles too and it was too complex for a console game ...
    THAT'S the reason...

• OldTokken24
    ubisoft:x-posts, 84

@editorial @ChrisGansler @Ubi-Barbalatu @Ubi-Ciel

Are there any plans to release the version of 2019 as standalone settlers game?

• TomK1888

@AlxRou The new creative director never intended to make a good game or a game for the community specifically in the first place! He just wanted to force his vision of the game even if it is for the detriment of the settlers and the community.

Compared to Volker Wertich's vision which was a love letter to the community: A version taking the best of all settlers and even improving on it. But the current version is just an attempt to hide the old better version and force us to buy the new. Guess what: It will not work, will never work and has never worked in the past.

@ChrisGansler @Ubi-Barbalatu @Ubi-Ciel @editorial Give us back the version of 2019!

• TomK1888

@OldTokken24 Yes! Please. This is the only way to make things right with the community. A standalone version of the version of 2019. Then they can release their new version: Settlers - New allies. Perhaps the standalone version of 2019 can even increase sales numbers for the newer version of 2022. It is a win-win-situation. Ubisoft must be blind not to see this: Just release the finished version of 2019 to make things right with the community and open the path for other settlers game in the future. And Settlers - New allies could than be seen as a side project from the version of 2019.

@ChrisGansler @Ubi-Barbalatu @Ubi-Ciel @editorial Now is really not the time anymore to push the failed vision. They have to make amends to the community and to release the version of 2019 can achieve that. Than they can market the newer version of 2022 as side-project to the stand-alone game with the version of 2019. Let's hope for the best even though it might be to late for that already.

Suggested Topics