ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    2064 posts

@azullFR I think if you go ahead and complete the hunting stuff for Wallace and get the ‘real’ Magyar Bow, then save and reset your game, the ‘fake’ one will go away.

• bielik01
    1822 posts

@TheNorfolkian too late, I didn't see what the size was, as I was playing Black Flag.

• teh_greg
    111 posts

I just finished the Last Chapter questline and this was so underwhelming. They've set the bar so high with The Forgotten Saga than I was excited for some great content. The news article was also suggesting that we will be getting something really exciting

"Title Update 1.6.2 will include some exciting new content for the game, including The Last Chapter, a touching and intimate conclusion to Eivor’s saga."

Last Chapter questline is about a 15 minute long cutscene basically being a hype trailer for AC: Mirage.

What's the other exciting new content?
    AC: Mirage crossover story is a super short story that's a joke compared to the Kassandra crossover. Following the NPC to the destination took longer than the actual mission's task.

Other than that we got 2x new skills, 4x mounts and 1x bird skin in the shop. And a hood always on feature that is only cosmetic - you still have to enable that all the time after leaving combat for the stealth effects to kick in.

Oh, and they didn't even bother to slap an achievement for completing the story.

Overall AC:V was a fantastic journey with some amazing moments but 1.6.2 left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

• TheNorfolkian
    2064 posts
    "Title Update 1.6.2 will include some exciting new content for the game, including The Last Chapter, a touching and intimate conclusion to Eivor’s saga."

@teh_greg I think the content Ubisoft thinks is ‘exciting’ is, as you surmised, the Mirage crossover stuff, which amounted to a very inconsequential blackbox mission. At least, I hope that is what they thought was ‘exciting’. I would hate to think that the ‘exciting new content for the game’ is actually the new skills, new mounts, new bird, new armor sets, and the cosmetic armor we can’t upgrade.

• Ashelsu
    74 posts

@TheNorfolkian I had very low expectations for Last Chapter and still was dissappointed.
    We already knew Eivor went to America from the very beginning of the game. Apparently the reason was to organize the very first Brazilian carnival with her new and shiny peacock armor. Very epic conclusion to Eivor's Saga. If I wanted to watch a movie, I would watch a movie.
    Also there are several crazy Helix pack incoming. Yay!
    And if this is a Mirage commercial, I would not include that stealth mission, it was pretty awful.

• TheNorfolkian
    2064 posts
    the very first Brazilian carnival with her new and shiny peacock armor

@Ashelsu 😆 That is the perfect description. Every single cutscene showing that armor was painful to watch. I felt like Ubisoft was deliberately trolling us because everyone else, especially the leader figures, were wearing period-specific normal clothing, but Eivor being dressed up like some kind of fancy tropical bird made me think all those drug-induced dream experiences were really warping the character’s mind.

Just imagine an everyday situation in Ravensthorpe... “Oh look, there’s our Jarl!”

• arekstefanek
    4 posts

And what about the "hold to run" option, they added this or not?

• Ashelsu
    74 posts
    Eivor being dressed up like some kind of fancy tropical bird made me think all those drug-induced dream experiences were really warping the character’s mind.

Indeed. She started talking to herself, wearing crazy armor and finally ran away to another continent because people in Ravensthorpe had enough of her bulshit. Pretty sad story, actually. That has nothing to do with Basim.

• TheNorfolkian
    2064 posts
    That has nothing to do with Basim.

@Ashelsu EXACTLY! I was kind of confused by what he was looking for in those memories...

spoiler

• Ashelsu
    74 posts

@TheNorfolkian I would assume that most of Ubi Montreal is already working on their next project, Hexe. And some unfortunate souls left to wrap up Valhalla were told to create Mirage connection. So we have Eivor jumping into the boat and Basim looking at it thoughtfuly and it's a mess.
    Actually, the only reason for Basim to investigate Eivor is if Basim's personality is not completely erased by Loki and he is researching the way to restore it with the help of Eivor, I guess? Like he was interested in the third way Eivor found. I wonder if Basim will start talking to himself in Mirage, lol.
    It also seems to me that Harald is also some kind of a sage (Baldur?) because he repeated the same gesture as Eivor and Sigurd before talking about "the past". Or maybe I'm seeing too much in this scene.

• vassalpoteto
    62 posts

@arekstefanek They did not

• TheNorfolkian
    2064 posts
    Actually, the only reason for Basim to investigate Eivor is if Basim's personality is not completely erased by Loki and he is researching the way to restore it with the help of Eivor, I guess? Like he was interested in the third way Eivor found. I wonder if Basim will start talking to himself in Mirage, lol.

@Ashelsu It’s possible that the remaining team at Montreal could only do so much with the crossover story since Montreal is NOT leading the development of Mirage. Ubisoft Bordeaux is relatively new and hired a lot of new talent in the last year, so it’s possible that the creativity and innovation in Mirage will be fresh, yet familiar. Bordeaux may have put limits on what Montreal could do with a crossover.

As for Basim...

spoiler

• teh_greg
    111 posts

Raven feathers can be very irdescent but they overdid it in game.

This new carnival armour loses its iridescence when you talk to an NPC. Happened to me 3 out of 4 times but for the 4th time I talked to another NPC and it happened. So it's pretty much guaranteed.

Then it stays black forever until you load the game.

• TheNorfolkian
    2064 posts

@teh_greg That is definitely a weird glitch. They should have just kept the feathers black from the start.

• teh_greg
    111 posts

@TheNorfolkian At first I thought they were meant to be colourful only when in proximity to the village. It would be a nice little touch to indicate that you are connected with Ravensthorpe and seen as a prominent figure but out of village the feathers would be black because you are seen as just another "brute" from the Raven Clan.

• azullFR
    3083 posts

@TheNorfolkian
    99.999% sure you are right 👍 , but I still have too much to do in Valhalla to verify this year (still 3 playthroughs) and I "paused" (it's Chrismas in Diamond City 🎅... and even there I just restarted from scratch 👽 ⛄ 🤡 )

• AORUS2017
    394 posts

@teh_greg

I haven't played it yet because of a drink bug. So all that hype of The Last Chapter it comes down too a quick story mode, & crossover shorter than Kassandra crossover! And that was the excitement they planed! But they wasted doing a 15 minute cutscene, Oh my now I can see why it was a free content in the first place a slap in the face away of saying thanks for your earn money gamers by the way we be moving on NOW any new bugs from 1.6.2 in the support page won't get fixed well done Ubisoft.

I remember this😠

Suggested Topics