ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SpirantCrayon22
    Original poster 2525 posts

just had an 11.00 GB update on Xbox One

still loading a save (my goodness it's taking a while)

only thing I have seen is that the Helix shop apparently has a "free item", though nothing is available as I type this

second thing, two new quest markers in Ravensthorpe

I'll add something if I think it helps and I'll try to avoid spoilers

seems to be an answer for the spare skill points

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kormac67
    1143 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 On PC too. Final quest has triggered.
    Oh boy. Classy.

• TheNorfolkian
    2067 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 Thanks for the heads up (again!)... I just checked and I have a 12.93 GB update available on my XBox Series X. The download size for both consoles is somewhat lower than what was posted for TU 1.6.2, which is weird. Is it possible this is an early leak, ahead of the posted release date?

On the menu page, I noticed a blank ‘update history’ for TU 1.6.2, and in the Store, I too am noticing the ‘free item’ is in a ‘loading’ mode, as if it has not been activated yet.

It also looks like a number of inventory bugs have been fixed. The inventory image for the Rune Shield has been fixed. All of the festival items that had lost their labeling and perk info have been restored. AND.... OMG, dude... THE DUPLICATE MAGYAR HUNTING BOW HAS FINALLY BEEN REMOVED!!!

I don’t know if it’s intended or incomplete, but I am seeing two new skills in the Raven category, but nothing new in the other categories. As you say... this could be a means of solving the problem some players have with the extra skill points.

Edit: If this is really the full release, I am kind of annoyed that there are no new XBox Achievements for this final story update.

Edit 2: Looks like the Dwarven Hair sets were restored as well. Also, an entry for the ‘Rune Forge’ has been added to the Codex Tutorials menu.

Edit 3: There are new mounts and a new raven available in the merchant shop around the world. I don’t remember any of these being available from any festivals... maybe they were intended but were never released? Two of the mounts and the raven look like they might be associated with the Mōdraniht Ceremonial set because of their scheme.

Edit 4: As noted in this other thread, some players may receive a duplicate Jotnar Cleaver. I found that completely restarting the game self-corrected the issue and cleared the second cleaver from the inventory.

• goku19911
    52 posts

the shop bug is not fixed

• SpirantCrayon22

. . . and the "free item" thing has now gone, even after a full system restart

@ubianyone - can you let us know what this "free item" thing is about!

• Kormac67
    1143 posts

@TheNorfolkian The whole thing is there. Just finished the closure story arc.
    Looks like the intern in charge of launching Far Cry 6 update accidentally launched both.

• SpirantCrayon22

@Wascaliwabbit yes, I meant specifically about the disappearing act (but I wasn't clear about it)

• goku19911
    52 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 Has the shop bug been fixed for you? because nothing was returned to me

• SpirantCrayon22

@goku19911 not sure I understand - what I'm saying here is that earlier (with update 1.6.2) there was a "free item" thing in the Helix shop's "exclusive offers" but it didn't actually do anything and now that has gone from that bit of the shop

• thegardener25
    198 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 As @Wascaliwabbit mentioned, there's a paragraph on the 'New Weekly, Free Helix item'. in the patch notes. I can't comment on whether it works for me yet (as I'm still waiting on update downloading). I'll let you know if I get any joy!

Also, it looks like you'll have an additional angle to cover in your 'Reda's rubbish' thread.

• TheNorfolkian
    2067 posts

@Kormac67 Yeah, I just finished it too. Really weird. It’s possible an earlier update we received was part of the full update package size. It seems odd that the reported update size for XBox One and Series X is larger than what was actually downloaded. Was the size of the PC update smaller for you as well or reported correctly?

• TheNorfolkian
    2067 posts

I don’t consider this issue a significant bug, but I noticed that when going to the Blacksmith, this armor set was advertised as having a new appearance for upgrading it to divine... yet there was no new appearance... WARNING... spoilers ahead...
    spoiler

I also noticed that this cosmetic armor can’t be upgraded... AGAIN... spoiler...
    spoiler

• bielik01
    1822 posts

@TheNorfolkian yet Eivor still didn't have the time to learn how to fight with weapons during horseback riding 😂

• TheNorfolkian
    2067 posts
    yet Eivor still didn't have the time to learn how to fight with weapons during horseback riding

@bielik01 Top tier comment. I want to upvote this again. 👍

• bielik01
    1822 posts

@TheNorfolkian I'm so done with this game... just like with multiplayer in Black Flag.

• azullFR
    3090 posts

@TheNorfolkian
    I hope that my download is not a partial one :
    PS4 : announced TU 1.6.2 patch size : 1.46 Go
    PS4 : actual TU 1.6.2 patch size : 11.101 Go ( a tiny 760% increase ... 😂 : 4h download)
    that said it's more "logical" that all platforms have ore or less the same TU size 🙂

• TheNorfolkian
    2067 posts

@azullFR That’s crazy! @bielik01 Can you confirm the actual size of the download on your end?

• azullFR
    3090 posts

TU 1.6.2 on PS4 pro on internal SSD :
    finally after a 3h09 download (shorter than first announced by the PS) spoiler

• launching the game = 4min32
    • improved tabs swapping at blacksmith (tested only with Gunar)
    • improved horse speed in Ravensthorpe, I didn'not tested the complete settlement 😉

2 New Raven Skills: a usefull one and one that I like very much 🙂

Magyar Bow is still there (I still haven't progressed in the related quest, so I still have the "magic one at low level")
    spoiler

Hood is still broken = real hood, the one used for restricted areas = Camera Close&Offset are both still broken, making also an issue with bow aiming.

No "older festivals" items at shops. : My bad : I still need to complete "The First Night of Samhaim" (Glowecestrescire arc) ! 🤦♂

Still no Ymir Scream Tatoo = I just made a new topic about it here :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/180007/still-no-ymir-scream-tatoo-set-will-it-be-available-for-all-players-without-re-starting?lang=en-US

• teh_greg
    112 posts

Hood always on:

From patch notes: This option is cosmetic only and does not impact stealth or detection.

My disappointment is immesurable and my day is ruined. And here I though we would finally be free of having to re-enable stealth all the time.

New mounts bought with silver from a vendor, all of them were 600 silver if I remember correctly.
    4x horse, 1x bird

spoiler

Suggested Topics