ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• pinned topic_solved Light-Fingered skill prevents key items from being picked up since 1.6.2 | POST HERE

0 likes/90 replies/11260 views
    mduke76
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 1

I entered the room with the door in deoraby spar picked up the key but the game doesn't register i have the key now im stuck

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 5848
    Best Answer

Hi Vikings!

I can confirm that this issue has been reported and is being investigated by the development team.

If you encounter this issue and are unable to collect key items then please go into your skill tree and reset the 'Light-Fingered' skill and try again.

official-response
  • Toarzo
    ubisoft:x-posts, 2

Hello,

When I try to enter the Deoraby Spar Cavern, the key suddenly disappear and I am unable to unlock the door... Does anyone have a solution because I can not complete that mistery. I play on PS5 on the latest release (1.6.2)

• StormCrow69420
    ubisoft:x-posts, 8

Working my way around to collect the Excalibur tablets. I want to enjoy the sword before endgame. I have the majority of the pieces as well as I have taken out the zealots. i get into the spar cavern, and using Odins sight, I can see the key, but once I get down the slope to where I would loot the key, I get some random object like a drum or something, and cannot collect the key. And help with a work around would be great cuz this is super annoying. Is this a common glitch? Or something that’s come up due to the update that installed today? Please help.
    currently power 193, have not pledged Snotinghamschire yet.playing on PS5

• ks_513
    ubisoft:x-posts, 3

In the Wrath of the Druids expansion, for the quest "Trade: Sweetening the Pot", one obtains the deed from a container, spoiler

I had the skill Quick Fingers, and when approaching the container, Eivor auto-looted it. However I received generic loot (e.g. coins, a yellow feather), but not the deed. The quest was active, and the quest marker was placed at the container. After looting it, no other loot prompt appeared. Odin's Sight still showed a halo where the container is located.

Saving, quitting, reloading the game, yielded the same behavior. Loading, fast-traveling away, saving, quitting, reloading, traveling back to the container, yielded the same behavior.

FIX: Removing the Quick Fingers skill via its reset prompt, and approaching the container, presented the "hold Y to loot" interaction, rather than "tap Y to loot" , and allowed me to obtain the deed and progress the quest (this was done on a save-game generated after the container had already been auto-looted once, so no future-sight was required).

It appears that having the Quick Fingers ability, bypassed the "hold Y" loot mode (which was required to obtain the deed), but flagged the container as "looted" (removing the prompt). I'm posting this for future reference if other players have a similar issue with this or other containers.

P. S. Whoever thought of free & painless skill resetting deserves a raise.

• SpaceWolff96
    ubisoft:x-posts, 1

I am trying to get the deed to Armel trading post but I can’t loot the skeleton, the prompt doesn’t appear nor does holding the loot button work.

I got the key before I checked out the cage because I already figured you would need it. When I unlocked and opened the cage the button prompt for looting didn’t appear.

Is this a known issue or is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Makkonennnn

I can see the key on the skeleton, but once I get down the slope to where I would loot the key, I get some random object like a drum or something, and cannot collect the key.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 5448

Hey there guys,

Thanks for reaching out and reporting this to us!

Would it be possible to please provide a video or any screenshot examples of this issue so we can take a closer look and see if anything has been missed?

Much appreciated!

official-response
  • Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 3659

Hey @ks_513

Thanks for sharing this workaround on the forums. Hopefully it will come in useful if anyone else encounters it in future 🙂

official-response
  • Mandrews11

@Ubi-TheBerry I am having the same problem. Not sure if its because of the new update but the key shows up on the HUD. When I interact with the skeleton, the key does not get added to my inventory and I cannot access the door. I am on Xbox. I am unable to get a screenshot or video unfortunately.

• H4guey94

I'm having an issue where my character is auto looting the area in deoraby spar cavern but won't pick up the key. The key shows using odin sight before approaching, but when I get up to the skeleton it loots as silver before I get chance to press anything, and then disappears? Have, tried reloading the game form previous saves and restarting the game but no luck, Any solutions?

• OutboundDegree1

@Ubi-TheBerry Hi, I am on PC and having the same issue, I have gotten a recording of what happens when I try to pick up the key from the skeleton, but when i try to add it to this message it comes out this error

• FelipeRogerio
    post_is_deleted
  • Drakus123

Same issue for me on PS5 with the most recent update.

• Schmiegle

@Ubi-TheBerry I’m also having this issue. I’m trying to upload the video but it’s saying I don’t have privileges to do so. Is there an email I can send it to?

• spec_k

@Ubi-TheBerry I have the same issue. I do have a clip captured showing the issue. How do I need to send it to you?
    Xbox one console

• Drakus123

I am having the same issue on ps5 with the most recent update. Please can this be resolved.

• Mi.Minderbinder

Hello,

run into same problem today. The key on skeleton gives me some random loot object or silver, but not the key.

I traveled to Isle of Skye and back (thought it could maybe help) and tried the cave again. The key was not even recognized with Odin sight.
    Playing on windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated

• Ubi-Gouda
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 118

Hey there @SpaceWolff96 ! I'm really sorry to hear that you aren't prompted to pick up the Ardmel deed in Ireland.

Have you already been following the "Sweetening the Pot" quest? This is the quest that ends with grabbing the deed and unlocking the Ardmel trading post. If that quest is not active or has not been discovered, it is likely that you will need to activate it in order to trigger the deed to be available to pick up.

Also, I recommend reloading a previous save from before you grabbed the key to unlock the Skeleton's cage. Fast travelling to a different location such as England or Norway and then back to Ireland may help as well so go ahead and try that.

In the meantime, I'll go ahead and get this reported to the Valhalla team for you.

official-response
  • DeadMadDragon

@Toarzo Hello. i had same problem. I managed this by reset "Light-Fingered" skill and it worked and Eivor picked up the key. I hope this can work for you, if you already get this skill for fast looting, just reset it.

• ks_513
    ubisoft:x-posts, 3

@SpaceWolff96 Hey, I had an issue for this container that may be related to yours (if your Eivor auto-looted the container and therefore removed the loot-prompt):
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/180012/fixed-ardmel-deed-not-obtained-from-container-with-quick-fingers-skill?lang=en-US

Suggested Topics