ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/86 Replies/10586 Views
    slkprincess
    1 posts

@Carefree-_ thank you so much for this - it worked for me!

• BigMeatDumpling
    1 posts

Update 1.6.2, the bug is still there, resetting my skills helped.

• Raziel3pe2
    1 posts

@Ubi-Froggard Can confirm it works. i unlearned the skill, saved, loaded the save and i could pick up the deed

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5787 posts

Hi @ks_513 thanks for the update, I'm pleased the issue is resolved.

@slkprincess @BigMeatDumpling I'm also pleased to hear that resetting your skill resolved the issue for you.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo

Hi Vikings!

I can confirm that this issue has been reported and is being investigated by the development team.

If you encounter this issue and are unable to collect key items then please go into your skill tree and reset the 'Light-Fingered' skill and try again.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo

Hi @H4guey94 @KingDaddy76 I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues collecting the key.

I have merged your post with this megathread. Please try the suggested workaround.

Official Response
  • C-Pick
    155 posts

There's one more problem with this "Light-fingered" skill I noticed since the latest update, and it's related to looting animations.

Now, Eivor automatically loots barrels, satchels, baskets, and other small lootable containers; however, these items don't animate at all when Eivor loots them.

For example, when you loot a barrel, the lid no longer comes off. When you loot a satchel, the flap no longer opens. When you loot a basket, the top no longer opens up.

If you reset the "Light-fingered" skill and loot these containers manually (by pressing triangle), then these animations are restored and play normally.

Also, having your hood always up (in the settings menu) makes no difference. The bug happens regardless.

Can you fix this? I'd like to have the skill active but also ensure the loot animations are all still working properly. This is on PlayStation 5.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2974 posts

Hello @Raziel3pe2

Thank you for the update!

I'm glad that the issue has been resolved for you. Happy gaming and if you have any other questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2974 posts

Hello @ks_513

Thank you for sharing this!

It certainly sounds like an issue linked to Light-Fingered skill that's currently being investigated. Once we have an update on this, we will let everyone know through this megathread.

Thank you for your patience and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Mkhln
    1 posts

2 specific locations:

1. South-east of Dublin, locked door with a treasure map behind it. The underwater key cannot be picked up no matter what
    2. Ulster, an island to the northeast, the deed to rebuild the northernmost trading post is in on skeleton in the cage, partially submerged. While I can open the cage, the deed itself cannot be picked up

What I did to fix the issue:

• reloaded multiple saves, including those prior to discovering those locations
    • restarted the game
    • restarted the whole DLC from England

PS5, the latest patch. Any suggestions are very welcome, I’m trying to get platinum and this bug prevents me to achieve it. Thanks in advance

• azullFR
    3085 posts

@Mkhln

hello,
    I don't know if this will help you, but it's worth a try :
    Disable the "Light-fingered" skill : it has some issues with TU 1.6.2
    Maybe reloading the game after disabling this skill will help (still not sure at all), I hope you will have a solution 🙂

• Ubi-Havoc
    Ubisoft Support Staff 438 posts

Hi @C-Pick sorry to hear about this lack of animation when looting with the skill in-use. Does this happen in any region you visit and start looting or is the animation only absent in one specific part of the map that you've been able to find so far?

Official Response
  • C-Pick
    155 posts

@Ubi-Havoc This lack of animation happens everywhere, regardless of region. I posted videos of this bug in another thread here.

To recap, this latest update messed up the Light-fingered skill by making Eivor automatically loots containers (baskets, barrels, satchels, skeletons) but also deactivating the animations of those containers.

• Billybob450224
    3 posts

@Ubi-Keo i had the same issue but found that resetting the skill helped, i reloaded a save beforehand then reset the skill, i got the key and was able to open the door to get the coat tablet, i was able to get the rest without issue, i nabbed the skill again and went on my way afterwards

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @C-Pick @Billybob450224

@C-Pick I have just replied to your post on the other thread, thanks for the videos you provided.

@Billybob450224 thanks for the update, I'm pleased to hear that resetting the skill helped.

Official Response
  • Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1096 posts

Hey @Mkhln,

Thank you for taking the time out to reach out and sorry to hear you encountered this despite your troubleshooting.

The suggestion @Mkhln provided is a great suggestion, can I just check if this has helped?

Many thanks

Official Response
  • Billybob450224
    3 posts

@Ubi-Keo you are most welcome, seems the update messed something up with the skill somehow, somewhere in the code, and i know nothing about code, spoiler

• Ubi-Keo

@Billybob450224 yes it would appear that the latest update has caused this issue with the light-fingered skill. spoiler

Official Response
  • dominantboy
    296 posts

@C-Pick Now that I’ve seen this thread, I totally agree with you. This should be fixed.

• Rage671
    1 posts

At The Gobbins Beach I can not pick up the deed. It seems to be buried under the cage below the skeleton and no matter what I do I'm unable to get a prompt to pick it up.
    Any workarounds?
    Game version is 1.6.2
    Thanks

Suggested Topics