ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xPEGLORDx
    Original poster 2 posts

The new perspective and hit registry that has been released this past year (year 7) have dampened my, and many others, gameplay. My friends and I have been playing Rainbow Six Siege for almost 5 years, and it has progressively gotten worse. I still enjoy the game very much, but I know that many others in the community are leaving due to these and some other issues, especially the sound. I want Rainbow to be successful and enjoyable again. I am sure that we can all see the player count continuously going down through this past year. Instead of adding all new things and redoing scopes, operator speeds, and the rank system, it would be important to focus on the issues that have been present for years. I understand that there is only so much Ubisoft can do, but they will continue to lose their audience if these issues continue to go unaddressed. It also takes 2+ minutes to find a match in Ranked matches, which is an issue with player count and not the servers. I want to get better and keep playing this game, it was the first pc game I ever played. Don't get me wrong, I am not the best player of all time. There are times when I lose or do not have the peak that I thought I did. However, I have so many clips where the opponent can fully see me (BEHIND A WALL) and I can see a pixel on their shoe, or where I am clearly hitting their head or chest and I do 5 damage to a 3-speed? It's absurd. Again, not the greatest player but others in the community have experienced these things as well. I love this game and hope that at least some effort to fix these issues is addressed, I'm tired of getting new things added to the game that literally do not change anything for the better. I am excited for the new update and hope that maybe it will be better.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• zeBaconcake
    104 posts

@xPEGLORDx I know how you feel. The servers also seem unstable. Sometimes it feels like the tick rate is 10 or something. Other times the game feels completely fine. Something else I hate is the "new" breakable objects that just stay there instead of exploding into nothing. Sure, on paper it is cool, but when it's so badly executed that a poster somehow turns into an unmovable object blocking a hole in the wall or a broken picture frame's parts keep colliding and making an ungodly amount of noise, it probably should be removed until it is brought into a usable state. Not in siege though.

Also, for many operators, the head hitbox ends under the nose, apparently. There's so many flaws in the game that should have been worked out many years ago but for some reason weren't. It's really frustrating.

And you are not wrong when you say the game is dying. The steam stats show that for about a year now, the average monthly concurrent player number is continuously going down, this November saw ~33% less then November last year and ~50% less then 2 years ago. Last month, there were almost 23500 average concurrent players. That's about 20% of the peak in March/April 2020 (both over 100k). The game managed to hold a fairly stable player base until about May 2021 and has been bleeding out since. To be fair, it is 6 years old now. But on the other hand, CS:GO is already 10 years old and it somehow manages to keep a stable player base with swings between 500k and 650k average concurrent players. So realistically, Siege has no excuse for dying out. Either people just stopped liking the game out of nowhere last year or whoever is in charge of the development decisions is doing a horrible job.

• Freakolicious_
    3 posts

@xPEGLORDx additionally killing it by not letting friends play with each other cuz We have different systems gonna have to switch games with my friends if they don’t fix that

• Slyrr7
    154 posts

@zeBaconcake Well observed. I'm one of the players who quit Siege in late 2020. I pop in to the forums occasionally to see if they've done anything with the game to merit coming back - and none so far. It's a curious thing. Yes, Siege is over 7 years old. And it's rare for a game that old to still be popular. But Siege supposedly went through that big push to 'change' the game away from it's original tactical playing style and make it more e-sporty. And they did. Siege 202X looks and feels completely different from Siege 2016. It's gone from tactical realism to run-n-gun CS clone. All (purportedly) to keep the game 'fresh'. And it was their big gamble that making these changes would prevent any customer losses, and keep players playing because Siege was 'all new and dynamic, changing with the times, keeping it from 'getting stale', and all of that what-not.

So why didn't it work? Didn't the developers give us what they told us we all said we wanted? Why are players still leaving when they changed the game to play in exactly the way the pro-league decreed was 'the right way' to play?

I've already listed my reasons for leaving, in many previous threads. I miss the original playing style it used to have. I miss the old maps, the old debris system, the old lighting, the bombers, the original terrorist hunts. I wish they would release a separate build of Siege which reverts the game completely back to its 2016 form in every regard. I'd even pay to buy it again if they did, I'd even give up all cosmetics, and live with the original operators only. I think a big part of why players are leaving is because the game has strayed so far away from what originally made it FUN that nobody enjoys it anymore.

Sure there are those who like the 'new' play style. I'm sure they're having a ball. But UBI ticked off pretty much everybody else. There's such a thing as too MUCH 'new' content. Siege has become cluttered and chaotic. When you throw in new operators just for the sake of having something new, then variety ceases to be vibrant and becomes blase. And it's clear they've run out of ideas for new operators, because all they're doing is taking the existing operators, splitting apart their abilities and gadgets, and re-distributing bits and pieces into the 'new' operators.

It's time for UBI to stop jamming in 'new' content, and focus hard on refining the content they already have so it works. How many threads here are complaints about the game engine? Connection issues, cheating issues, lag issues, hacks, bugs, glitches, all things which SHOULD have been fixed by now? Yet UBI and the developers keep going online and boasting about how they 'see no problem' with the game engine? Maybe they should try looking in these forums for a change....

• zeBaconcake
    104 posts

@Slyrr7 I was gonna say I don't agree on the operator part but the new op Solis is a straight copy of IQ but on defender side...
    I don't think the new content is that big a problem, more that they don't fix as fast as they add. But I definitely agree that I'd prefer a rollback to earlier seasons. The game was a lot better a few years ago.
    But I don't think they'll go back. While the player numbers are steadily decreasing, the twitch views are pretty high in comparison, Spring 2022 they got the highest viewer count ever with 267929 viewers. There's still enough idiots buying their way overpriced skins to not give a [censored] about the player base and I'd assume there's a good amount of cash coming from pro-gaming events, not to mention the publicity.

• xPEGLORDx
    Original poster 2 posts

@zeBaconcake I completely agree. It is so sad to see that the devs and UBI don't care about what their player base has to say. I am still holding out hope, but I know that most people have given up. As sad as it is, I most likely will have to find a new game if it continues to be like this.

Suggested Topics