Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• mshedpotatoes
    Original poster 0 posts

I've recently played Destiny on Stadia (I know..) at 60fps, and going back to 30fps after playing it feels harsh. Any plans to support this on AC ?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Aloninor
    94 posts

@mshedpotatoes I don't know about Stadia specifically, but ACV runs on 60fps on all three platforms (PS5, Xbox Series S&X, and of course PC).

• mshedpotatoes
    Original poster 0 posts

Alright, I'll be patient and try it out 🙂 Odyssey was 30fps on Stadia, which was such a stark contrast to Destiny - just got me nervous for this one.

• Aloninor
    94 posts

Hope the best for you *fingers crossed* that Stadia will support 60fps 😉

• Herbstlicht
    7 posts

@mshedpotatoes I would assume 30 fps on Stadia. Valhalla I would assume will be a little hungrier then Odyssey. But Stadia seems to be equal in power to XBox One X. That ain't bad. But that still is not next gen power. So unless they give you some more resources to work with, 60 fps on Stadia is unlikely.

• longjohn119
    707 posts

@herbstlicht Actually it's not a matter of power as much as it is bandwidth ...... You have to double the amount of internet bandwidth when you double the framerate ..... Destiny is a considerably "lighter" game graphically when compared to Odyssey and Valhalla so you need less bandwidth .... In other words Destiny @ 60 FPS uses the same or less bandwidth than Odyssey/Valhalla @ 30 FPS

We saw the affects of this with the gameplay demos, in order to be able to stream it to the players at a decent FPS they had to nerf the crap out of the graphics .... The more complex the graphics the less you can compress it down to a reasonable size in "real-time" to stream it and still get good FPS and reasonable controller lag ...... They theoretically could make it work at 60 FPS but it's likely going to look like crap .....

That's why were are still several years away from a Stadia or similar streaming platform actually being viable ......

• mshedpotatoes
    Original poster 0 posts

That's unfortunately a pretty good explanation. The experience of gaming on a streaming service like stadia is kind of awesome, but 30fps is just painful at times.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1836 posts

@mshedpotatoes Sorry for the late response, due to the high volume of contacts it has taken longer than usual to respond.

I am unable to confirm if Stadia will enable 60fps for the older Assassin's Creed games in the future, we have no information at this time.

As this is an old thread I will now lock it. If you have any further queries, please create a new thread.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics