Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • thegardener25
    Original poster 82 posts

What have you done? Other than the issue of dealing with spam. There was nothing wrong with the forum as it was! It was simple & easy to use. I could see all unread threads at a glance. This is ugly & I've got to scroll through stuff that used to be stickied in one small section. So much info on the game gets released on various & all social media outlets. Are you trying to drive people away from the forum? I don't have any social media accounts. Other than youtube, the forum is the place I rely on for info on the game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Megas_Doux
    2 posts

@thegardener25 I agree this looks AWFUL.

• DreadGrrl
    163 posts

Yup. This is dreadful.

I canโ€™t just quickly scroll through the post titles. And, being that post content is displayed on the main page, it is going to be more difficult to avoid spoilers: which has been a big problem over the last few weeks.

edit: I just checked the settings, and there appears to be no way to turn off the post preview.

• Megas_Doux
    2 posts

@dreadgrrl May be their plan is to get rid of the bots by making the forums as ugly as possible lol

• DreadGrrl
    163 posts

@dreadgrrl

Apparently, posts can only be edited for 5 minutes after posting them, so I need to create another post instead of just editing the original again.

If anyone else is concerned about not being able to turn off the post preview, be advised that this is something that can be done on Reddit. While I prefer the community here, and would ideally like to continue engaging with this community, the Reddit AC subs may be a safer place to avoid spoilers.

• bitebug2003
    87 posts

It will take some getting used to like all the other forum iterations we've had over the years ๐Ÿค”

• UbiChem
    Community Developer 8 posts

@thegardener25
    Having everything you're used to suddenly change is understandably frustrating, and we are working hard to make sure that the new experience is better for everyone that uses the platform. Thank you (genuinely!) for providing your initial thoughts and please continue to let us know how you feel.

We'll be looking at all the user experiences in Forum Feedback, as well as across the forum to identify your top wants and needs for the new platform.

Official Response
  • bitebug2003
    87 posts

@ubichem My only gripe with the new layout is everyone's join date starts from today rather than when they originally joined๐Ÿ˜”

• CoastalGirl
    1 posts

@ubichem

I'd definitely like to see an option to just show thread/post titles, hiding post previews.

Also, I'm seeing replies duplicated - nested as well as in the main thread. An option for one or the other would be great.

• Aloninor
    94 posts

@thegardener25 lets wait with the harsh judgement until we at least have given the new forum a chance. Switching from a known platform to something new obviously requires some "getting used to" time.

Youtube + google is more than enough to get all news about AC that are worth noting. Even without the forum - I would go as far and say that Ubisoft official news sites put together with youtube probably are the most comprehensible outlets for news (not for discussions).

• Aloninor
    94 posts

Already now I can see several advantages of the new forum:

• awesome notification system which makes it easier to keep track of posts
    • way higher responsiveness
    • beauifull new wysiwyg editor

It's probably a good thing ๐Ÿ™‚
    (Especially if it also helps to prevent bots and spam in general!)

• binskies
    29 posts

YouTube is NOT a safe place to go for information as you can get spoilers just from people's thumbnails for their videos. I, personally, am staying very far away from YT in order to avoid spoilers.

• Aloninor
    94 posts

@binskies Well, just like on any other source (forum titles, google searches, interviews, etc.) you got to look out ๐Ÿ˜‰

If you want to make sure not to see any spoilers (depends on what is considered a spoiler) this is probably the time to go off forum/yt/social media etc.

As Darby puts it: "Now would be a good time to go dark..."

• Trode-_-
    20 posts

Please just display the tittle of the threads, don't show the replies. Is so confusing to scroll down, and see so much information. ๐Ÿ˜›

• thegardener25
    Original poster 82 posts

@ubichem I can appreciate a lot of people have put a lot of work into creating the new forum. I used to visit the ubi website once in a blue moon. While I was there I'd take a gander at the forum, see what players were talking about. Maybe read a couple of posts then exit without contributing. But I only really started using the forum regularly about a year & a half, maybe 2 years ago. So I can't really remember how it was before. I just think up until today, it didn't seem broken! Each thread was a slim bar, with the title, thread creator, & name of last post. Without scrolling I could view something like 15 threads at a time.

@Aloninor It's not harsh judgement, it's my honest opinion/first impression. But I'll always give things a try, & if I'm wrong & it turns out to be a better service. I'll be honest about it. I'm not one of those people that forms an opinion & digs their heels in. Won't budge.

• MissM16
    163 posts

I agree. There wasn't anything wrong with the format of the old forum. If it wasn't broken, why fix it? Why you do this Ubi?!

Anyway, I hope Ubi decides to go back to the old format or at least change the layout of this new forum to resemble the old one while keeping the new features (not sure what they even are tbh) that caused them to want to change it in the first place.

• bitebug2003
    87 posts
    Please just display the tittle of the threads, don't show the replies. Is so confusing to scroll down, and see so much information. ๐Ÿ˜›

Agreed

Makes it looks cluttery - and I don't like clutter

• Aloninor
    94 posts

@thegardener25 Glad to hear it ๐Ÿ™‚

I called it "harsh judgement" because it was based on a VERY brief interaction with it (just a couple of hours after release). But fingers crossed that it will bring more positive than negative aspects with it. I can see a couple of both right now but see an overall positive tendency.

• UbiChem
    Community Developer 8 posts

@thegardener25 I appreciate the insight and just want you to know we're actively working on the platform, looking at player feedback, and the whole team really wants to make something awesome for players to use.

If you have time, check out the mobile version and let us know how you feel about it as well.

Official Response
  • Aloninor
    94 posts

@ubichem sitting on the phone (train) right now. It's awesome compared to the old forum! Especially like the placement of the footer bar showing notifications etc.

Well done ๐Ÿ‘

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics