Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Strakskratti
    Original poster 2 posts

Hi Ubisoft Team 🙂

I hope I'm asking this question in the right place in the forum. I intend to buy a physical copy of Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PS4 in the US and play on my soon to be PS5. AC Valhalla will receive the next gen PS5 version of the game for free. How would this function if your PS account is set to one country and you buy a physical PS4 game from another and try to claim the next gen upgrade? Sony currently has DLC and stuff for the PS4 region locked, so I'm wondering if I'll have to create a new PS account to claim the next gen upgrade for AC Valhalla if I buy a physical version from a different region to the one that my PS account is registered under (EU region). Will I be able to download and play the next gen upgrade of AC Valhalla if my disc copy of the PS4 game is from the US?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
    Anton

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 704 posts
    Best Answer

@strakskratti Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

I imagine this will work similarly to the PS4 - that is, the disc will work on any console, but digital content may be locked to a specific region. I don't have an official answer for this at the moment, and I imagine we will learn more before/during the PS5 launch.

I'd advise, generally, to stick to the same region for the disc/account.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 704 posts
    Best Answer

@strakskratti Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

I imagine this will work similarly to the PS4 - that is, the disc will work on any console, but digital content may be locked to a specific region. I don't have an official answer for this at the moment, and I imagine we will learn more before/during the PS5 launch.

I'd advise, generally, to stick to the same region for the disc/account.

Official Response
  • Strakskratti
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-spud Ok, I will probably end up buying the disc version from my region just to be safe. Thanks for the answer 🙂

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1152 posts

Hey Strakskratti, just letting you know that I'll now be locking this thread as there's been no further posts in it, and it looks as if you received the help you needed!

If you do require any additional assistance, don't hesitate to open a new thread. Thank you! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics