Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bulwvy
    6 posts

Wow. I just fired it up and got to the first proper melee. The zoom out is atrocious.

• xlaxxic
    1 posts

hello. is there a option so i can change the camera view. at the moment i see my character at the left of my screen. is there a option so i can see my character in the middle of my screen ?

• TombstoneUK
    2 posts

Same for me, I would like an horizontal camera offset option , I prefer to play games with my character positioned centrally on screen, not off to one side.

• PierreAngelique
    28 posts

Yes this game needs some more camera options. I don't like how it zooms out so much when in combat, really detracts from the experience imo.

• PierreAngelique
    28 posts

Yes, please Ubisoft.

• PierreAngelique
    28 posts

Yes definitely. I have been warry of that zoomed out camera since we first saw preview footage. I will not purchase this iteration of AC or any of its DLC until they patch this.

• dbgager
    158 posts

You guys never played an AC game before. Its not Dark Souls. Seems to be the exact same angle as Odyssey and Origins.

• Anas-Odinson
    9 posts

@dbgager You must be playing a different game then, i have played every Assassin's creed game even bloodline on psp and never had any problem regarding the camera perspective and distance , the camera work kept improving from title to title, when it reached origins ubisoft nailed it, how the camera zoom in when you walk slowly to how it zoom out when you climb really tall buildings and zoom out only by little bit when you engage with multiple enemies in combat. But odyssey sets the camera so high and further from the character in exploration and zoom out even further in combat that it looks like diablo. And now Valhalla sometimes in battles the camera seems to move even further away than Odyssey which was already bad.

• Beylous
    42 posts

I agree, the camera is WAY too far away during combat. It's a little irritating when you lose your character in the melee.

• zhead_
    31 posts

This is a huge letdown actually. It's also making it harder to know who is friend or foe during fights.

• nightgrave777
    7 posts

This really needs fixing ASAP.

• Sammyjskj
    2 posts

@zhead_ I literally had to fight blind, because we were fighting outside of a tent, and due to the far away camera angle, it just showed me the tent and not the fight. Luckily enemies aren't sponges in this game

• Bulwvy
    6 posts

@dbgager I only just recently played through odyssey. Maybe its just in connection with the movement speed/dodge speed or something but I feel very far away from the action.

• Jin....
    16 posts

@sammyjskj
    i agree.
    but i think fov can't resolve this, because it's activated when combat.
    we need an option for the auto zoom-out depth.

• MorlokMan
    2 posts

I get that they made the combat camera pull back to make sure enemies are visible, but so many of us would love the option of staying close BECAUSE the enemies are less visible. It makes combat more threatening, and overall increases the immersion.

Here to add my vote for an option to keep the camera close throughout the game.

• Jin....
    16 posts

@dbgager
    We all AC fans long before.
    you must be newcomer.
    play AC unity, syndicate.
    you will see how AC was.

• adkogz7
    Original poster 15 posts
    I get that they made the combat camera pull back to make sure enemies are visible, but so many of us would love the option of staying close BECAUSE "the enemies are less visible. It makes combat more threatening, and overall increases the immersion."

Here to add my vote for an option to keep the camera close throughout the game.

The bold part in quotes is what I'm advocating for actually but maybe didn't emphasized enough. I'm not a native speaker and my vocab. isn't that great, so thank you for your contribution and support. 😊 👍

I'm glad that people are craving for an "immersive" future for upcoming games. It is vital that we as gamers must demand for hardcore immersive games that have "depth" and "soul" and challenging smart AI, not casual 1-hour worth gameplay mechanics and content for 60 hrs games with dumb AI.

Here's hoping 🤞

• Kung-Pao_Cowboy
    4 posts

I 100% agree with you. I felt, that something in combat is missing, lacking, wasn't just there. I wasn't able to identify it instantly. There's parry, there's dodge, abilities, skills, great finishers, so it should feel good right? Then I noticed that camera during the raids. They need to get it closer. When I'm 1v1 battling someone outside of the raid or city, it's amazing, but that distant camera is really breaking the combat quite a lot, it's not immersive. Ubisoft please fix it if possible, give us some camera distance slider.

• adkogz7
    Original poster 15 posts
    1v1 battling someone outside of the raid or city, it's amazing, but that distant camera is really breaking the combat quite a lot, it's not immersive

Exactly! That's why the devs only need to implement a way to make the 1v1 combat camera as the only camera that applies to all situations, against one enemy to a huge army. One camera that stays that way. No dynamic zoom-in or zoom-outs.

Don't have a problem with zoom-ins, it's the zoom-out that is not good.

I know early Assassin's Creed titles had this zoom-out before, but their combat system was like Batman Arkham games, where pressing the attack button beams us right next to the target enemy and makes an immediate attack on the target enemy and overall combat was based on "counter-attacking with triangle + square or Xbox Y+X". This system needs and requires you to see the overall terrain and overall enemies because the protag focus on next target with left stick to attack. With this system, you can't miss the attack, enemy either gets "hit" and damaged, or parry/evade/defends the attack. No missed attacks.

Starting from Origins, AC games revamped combat into a attack-hitbox system where pressing the attack button does an attack animation but enemy hitbox needs to be close to receive attack, so it's a free-form combat system where you aim and move with both sticks to position yourself and defend yourself and be very close to a target to attack its hitbox to damage. This doesn't require you to see the whole terrain because all attacks are not immediate attacks (characters don't beam to attack each other) and attack range is quite low, so you can get away with tactical positioning. Thus this combat system makes it possible for an immersive experience and for a more immersive exp., a close camera option where it feels dangerous and threatening, is quite the right camera angle for this game.

I hope I explained it well, don't know game development jargons that much so I have to explain with quite complicated way, hope you understand all of it 🙂

Any questions, just ask me 🙂

Thanks

• Crimsomrider
    2 posts

I completely agree and support this request.

AC Odyssey had an FOV slider and I always put it to the lowest (85) so that the camera is more closer, making the experience more personal and immersive.

So yes please, add camera options ^^

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics