Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Michiel-B
    Original poster 3 posts

My Feedback/Question is basically this, will it be possible in the future for users to choose the layout of the forums they want?

It is just that with this new layout I find it much harder to see the difference between the different threads. In the sense that the forum index page looks like a single thread instead of an index. A bit of shame but maybe some changes can still be made 🙂

[edit] As an example in the previous layout in the same space it was possible to see about 10 topics or so in one look, now in the same space there are about 2 to 3.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiMeesherbeans
    Community Manager 21 posts

Hi there, Michiel-B. Thanks for your feedback on the forum layout! We know it will take a little bit of getting used to such a different format.

Just so we have a better idea of what you're asking about, is your concern based around the amount of space taken up by the previews, or the delineation between threads?

Official Response
  • Michiel-B
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi UbiMeesherbeans

Yes change does take some to adjust.

It is mainly the space of the preview that I meant. It takes up a lot. There are only a few topics that are now visible in contrast to the past.

Thanks for listening to the feedback!

• xrayspex_73
    144 posts

@ubimeesherbeans

Go look at your old forums. That is how forums are supposed to look.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1091 posts

Hey everyone,

We have just introduced a new "list view" feature which you can enable from the menu, and I thought it may help with the issues you were reporting here with viewing multiple threads on the page and ease of access.

Could you give the "list view" format a try and let me know if you have any additional feedback? Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • Michiel-B
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-woofer

This is definitely a huge improvement thanks for this!

• EggKnobble
    36 posts

@ubi-woofer

The setting of "list view" is better. And looks more like a forum :).
    But it disables the "Pagination" option, could the pagination be also active in the "list view" mode?

And how is the "remember me" button going along? Still need to login every time i visit the forum.

• Ubi-Woofer

@Michiel-B Glad to hear you like it! Feel free to share any additional feedback you have.

@EggKnobble The issue with pagination was unintentional and has been resolved in a hotfix earlier today - please accept my apologies for that! You should be able to use both at once now without issue. 🙂 As for the "remember me" functionality - can I ask, do you have two-factor authentication (2FA) enabled on your account, and do you ever use any of our sites that does not require it for login (such as the support site or www.ubisoft.com) at the same time as using these forums? We're currently looking into an issue whereby visiting a different Ubisoft site that doesn't require 2FA to log in may force you to re-login on the forums, as it is leveraged here and reauthentication is therefore required. I'm wondering if part of why you're being asked to log in often is because you've opened another Ubisoft site? 🙂

Official Response
  • EggKnobble
    36 posts

@ubi-woofer Thank you for the update! Pagination is working again. That makes it easier for me, and many more i read.

About the "remember me", I do not use 2FA, I avoid it when possible.

Regarding the other Ubisoft websites, that is indeed that website (www.ubisoft.com), there it is logging me in right away.
    But I will try that tomorrow with a clean boot. Because that is the time where it happens, that it asks me to login again.

And i'm not using that webpage standard, mostly this forum.

Thank you for looking into this.
    If i am unclear (cause i might missed a question) just let me know

Update: @ubi-woofer A update about the "remember me", i did the reboot. Started the forum, needed to login again. I canceled that action, started the www.ubisoft.com, there it logged me in correct, and after that also on this forum.

Update 2: @ubi-woofer Any update on the remember me function? Only asking, cause i also work in the it-support and not receiving any update is really annoying.

• EggKnobble
    36 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • EggKnobble
    36 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer

Hello!

I've not received an update just yet on the possible conflict between Discussions and other Ubisoft websites I'm afraid. I can reproduce the issue we're aware of myself (whereby I visit another Ubisoft website such as the support website, and because I have 2FA on and it authenticates me without it, I then have to sign back into Discussions with my 2FA) and the developers can too, so they're actively looking into it. You didn't mention whether you ever use Discussions with another Ubisoft website open (just that you don't use the main Ubisoft site often, from what I understood) - could you possibly answer that for me? This could be any of our marketing websites, the main Ubisoft website, the support website or Ubisoft Store.

If you don't use 2FA, would you mind clarifying the issue you're experiencing further? Do your credentials not get saved at all, so you need to manually re-enter them? Or is it that the sessions need to be extended, due to needing to log in for each session? Finally, on mobile I don't have to log in as frequently - not sure if you've tested the mobile website as well, and could let me know if the issue you're experiencing with "Remember Me" exclusively happens on desktop?

Apologies for the many questions - I'm hoping some of the answers may help us further identify the issues!

Official Response
  • EggKnobble
    36 posts

Hello, @ubi-woofer

Thanks for getting back! Asking questions is the right way.
    I am not using 2FA, if i logon the website www.ubisoft.com, it remembers me, and logs me in directly. Even if I close the browser/restart and go back to the main website.
    And if i start the "https://discussions.ubisoft.com/" after vistiting the ubisoft.com website it works directly.

If i go directly to the "https://discussions.ubisoft.com/" (in a new browser) it wont log me in directly, have click log in, and logon (credentials are being saved (by lastpass)).
    Never used it on mobile. This only happens on the desktop, Windows 10 / Firefox (both last versions).

It's just a weird feature that is going on xD

• EggKnobble
    36 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • EggKnobble
    36 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • EggKnobble
    36 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer

Hey @eggknobble - I've removed all your "bump" posts from the thread. Please don't do this - it's against the forum rules, and it also isn't effective in prompting an update from me or another staff member. We will reply as soon as we have more information, or need more from you - please rest assured of this.

Onto the issue itself, I haven't received any updates with regard to the "remember me" functionality, but have requested one. Discussions is linked to the wider Ubisoft network for its login functionality, and as such this issue is one that is under investigation by multiple teams - not just the forum developers. When I have any news to share regarding the feature, I'll update this thread here that you made previously, as a few different players reported the issue there. I sincerely apologise that I don't have anything additional to share at this time.

Please be patient and wait for my update on your thread - I'll keep you in the loop as much as possible about this issue as well as other improvements / changes made to Discussions. Thank you. 🙂

Official Response
  • TaleraRis
    21 posts

@xrayspex_73

Agreed. I can't even tell who is responding to what on these. If there's a way to go to the last post in a topic I haven't found it, so I just scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll trying to find recent replies.

I rarely bother posting here because this layout is just horrible. They need to go back to the old forum layout.

• Ubi-Woofer

@taleraris Have you considered enabling pagination in the user settings? This will mean that you can skip to the last page of a thread if you wish to see the latest replies. 🙂 Direct replies to a particular post can be viewed by clicking the expandable area on that post. For instance, as I've replied directly to you, my profile picture will show alongside "one reply" under your post now, and you can click that to expand the reply directly. I hope this helps! Any further specific feedback is welcome.

I'm still waiting on news regarding the "remember me" functionality, by the way - the login system itself is part of a wider login network within our Ubisoft website group, so this is why it's taking a little time to fully investigate. Thanks again for your patience everyone. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics