36 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • EggKnobble
    36 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1009 posts

Hello!

I've not received an update just yet on the possible conflict between Discussions and other Ubisoft websites I'm afraid. I can reproduce the issue we're aware of myself (whereby I visit another Ubisoft website such as the support website, and because I have 2FA on and it authenticates me without it, I then have to sign back into Discussions with my 2FA) and the developers can too, so they're actively looking into it. You didn't mention whether you ever use Discussions with another Ubisoft website open (just that you don't use the main Ubisoft site often, from what I understood) - could you possibly answer that for me? This could be any of our marketing websites, the main Ubisoft website, the support website or Ubisoft Store.

If you don't use 2FA, would you mind clarifying the issue you're experiencing further? Do your credentials not get saved at all, so you need to manually re-enter them? Or is it that the sessions need to be extended, due to needing to log in for each session? Finally, on mobile I don't have to log in as frequently - not sure if you've tested the mobile website as well, and could let me know if the issue you're experiencing with "Remember Me" exclusively happens on desktop?

Apologies for the many questions - I'm hoping some of the answers may help us further identify the issues!

Official Response
  • EggKnobble
    36 posts

Hello, @ubi-woofer

Thanks for getting back! Asking questions is the right way.
    I am not using 2FA, if i logon the website www.ubisoft.com, it remembers me, and logs me in directly. Even if I close the browser/restart and go back to the main website.
    And if i start the "https://discussions.ubisoft.com/" after vistiting the ubisoft.com website it works directly.

If i go directly to the "https://discussions.ubisoft.com/" (in a new browser) it wont log me in directly, have click log in, and logon (credentials are being saved (by lastpass)).
    Never used it on mobile. This only happens on the desktop, Windows 10 / Firefox (both last versions).

It's just a weird feature that is going on xD

• EggKnobble
    36 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • EggKnobble
    36 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • EggKnobble
    36 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer

Hey @eggknobble - I've removed all your "bump" posts from the thread. Please don't do this - it's against the forum rules, and it also isn't effective in prompting an update from me or another staff member. We will reply as soon as we have more information, or need more from you - please rest assured of this.

Onto the issue itself, I haven't received any updates with regard to the "remember me" functionality, but have requested one. Discussions is linked to the wider Ubisoft network for its login functionality, and as such this issue is one that is under investigation by multiple teams - not just the forum developers. When I have any news to share regarding the feature, I'll update this thread here that you made previously, as a few different players reported the issue there. I sincerely apologise that I don't have anything additional to share at this time.

Please be patient and wait for my update on your thread - I'll keep you in the loop as much as possible about this issue as well as other improvements / changes made to Discussions. Thank you. 🙂

Official Response
  • TaleraRis
    21 posts

@xrayspex_73

Agreed. I can't even tell who is responding to what on these. If there's a way to go to the last post in a topic I haven't found it, so I just scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll trying to find recent replies.

I rarely bother posting here because this layout is just horrible. They need to go back to the old forum layout.

• Ubi-Woofer

@taleraris Have you considered enabling pagination in the user settings? This will mean that you can skip to the last page of a thread if you wish to see the latest replies. 🙂 Direct replies to a particular post can be viewed by clicking the expandable area on that post. For instance, as I've replied directly to you, my profile picture will show alongside "one reply" under your post now, and you can click that to expand the reply directly. I hope this helps! Any further specific feedback is welcome.

I'm still waiting on news regarding the "remember me" functionality, by the way - the login system itself is part of a wider login network within our Ubisoft website group, so this is why it's taking a little time to fully investigate. Thanks again for your patience everyone. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics