Moved Copy-paste, and other missing features0 Likes/5 Replies/58 Views
While I like the new look (apart from the reply preview) I just wanted to highlight some issues that I have had when answering/creating posts/threads.
- Copy-Paste does not work. Actually just the paste function, so I can't take e.g. a youtube link or URL to some other site, paste it into my response. This is probably my biggest concern since it reduces the possibility to conveniently direct other community members to specific sites.
- I don't seem to see the embed video functionality the old forum had.
- As other users posted before, it would be awesome if we would have some degree of the forum layout. Primarily a "disable reply view" so that we just see the headline of the thread would be nice
- You can only edit posts for 5minutes (kind of a problem)
- You can not see who has made the last post in a thread in the thread overview. That is a really relevant feature that would be, at least by me, be appreciated.
Edit 1: Update to 1., it seems to be Safari specific, works fine in Chrome.
Edit 2: Awesome, just seen that disabling of the "preview" for each thread is now possible! That really makes it easier to see many posts on the same page without scrolling. (Further it helps prevent potential spoilers)
If you haven't found it, press on "..." upper right corner --> "Disable post preview"
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Woofer 1297 posts
Hey @aloninor! Thank you for sharing all of these feedback points with us about our new forums. I sincerely apologise that you did not receive a reply until now!
I'll try to address each of your points in turn; I merged your posts into one for easy reading for anyone else visiting the thread later on too. I hope you don't mind!
- I use Chrome myself on both mobile and desktop, and have found the copy/paste functions to work fine on there. I also had a colleague test pasting YouTube links on Safari on their iPhone, and the embedding of the video worked fine for them so long as the link used wasn't a mobile one (i.e. was www. instead of m.). Are you still finding that these options do not work for you on Safari? What type of device are you using with that browser if so, and are both the browser and your device fully up-to-date?
- To embed YouTube videos, you can simply paste the link(s) - it will do it automatically!
- There are a few additional display options available now that may help you to achieve the "look" for the forums that you want. I personally combine turning post previews off with the "List View" option (available in the meatball menu) and this helps me to view a lot of thread titles at once and navigate around with a bit more ease when moderating for instance! You can also enable pagination from your personal settings if you wish, and customise how many posts / threads you wish to see per page.
- We raised the editing time limit from five minutes to ten previously, and I'm happy to pass forward any additional feedback you have on this subject. How long would you like to be able to edit your posts for, if this isn't long enough?
- You can now see the last person to reply to a thread, and when their reply was made, on the thread listings page. It's next to the section name that the thread is posted in. I hope this helps!
Please let us know if you have any additional feedback to share with us in the future!