Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• mk.91
    Original poster 3 posts

Hello everyone,

I've enjoyed AC Origins and Odyssey on my current laptop. I was wondering if my current configuration will be able to run AC Valhalla. I am well-aware that the minimum system requirements have been published (https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/a...specs-revealed) and I did my googling and made comparisons of my hardware with the recommended one. But it is a close call, and I am not sure what to expect. I would appreciate very much input regarding the expected performance on my laptop. I really do not care much about the quality of the graphics itself (I expect my laptop to run it on low, maybe some things on medium, and I am not interested in anti-aliasing, shadows, water reflections, blurring etc.,) just solid FPS (since for me even old AC's have good enough graphics).

My configuration is (Lenovo Ideapad laptop):
    CPU: Intel i5-8300H @2.30GHz
    Graphics: GeForce GTX 1050
    RAM: 8 GB
    I have (I guess) enough SSD storage (80-90 GB), and 1 TB HDD (I've read in the reqs that it makes difference)

Thanks in advance! 🙂

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts
    Best Answer

@mk-91 The 1050m (laptop version) is a little weaker than the desktop 960 but it's VERY close. As a result we cannot guarantee optimal performance. Refunds are considered on a case by case basis, and you could create a refund request based on your system requirements not being met, however this is not guaranteed either. It's a very close call, though, as you rightly mentioned!

Sorry if that's a bit gloomy or vague, I just don't want to set any expectations with borderline rigs! 😉

If you have any additional questions or concerns, you're welcome to reach out, but I'll lock this thread now!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Spud

@mk-91 Hi! I don't want to set any expectations, so I can't really answer this. It's entirely possible that the game will run on your rig but it may not be a solid performance. I appreciate that you would like to know before investing, and I'm sure there will be plenty of videos testing different specs when the game launches.

I would recommend a "wait and see" approach and officially, I'd always stick with the published specs.

Official Response
  • mk.91
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-spud Thanks for the reply! Actually, the only borderline thing is GPU (when I look at the official reqs). But GTX 1050, as far as I've seen on the relevant webpages, is at least equal or maybe slightly better than GTX 960 (which is listed as minimum). I think it will be playable. Is a refund possible if you can't run the game (e.g., as some offer refund if you played under 2 hours or something like that, and then they allow refund if you can't run the game in the acceptable way)?

Edit: GTX 1050 is not better, but roughly equal or slightly worse, so I guess I will stick with "wait and see" approach. (or if a refund is possible, buy it and try it)

• Ubi-Spud
    Best Answer

@mk-91 The 1050m (laptop version) is a little weaker than the desktop 960 but it's VERY close. As a result we cannot guarantee optimal performance. Refunds are considered on a case by case basis, and you could create a refund request based on your system requirements not being met, however this is not guaranteed either. It's a very close call, though, as you rightly mentioned!

Sorry if that's a bit gloomy or vague, I just don't want to set any expectations with borderline rigs! 😉

If you have any additional questions or concerns, you're welcome to reach out, but I'll lock this thread now!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics