ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• El_Mattiaso
    55 posts

@poonyhooman

"Hello everyone,

Our "Known Issues" list for Assassin's Creed Valhalla is now live, which you can view and read here.

The issue with progressing in "A Seer's Solace" is listed in there, and our recommendation currently is to start a new game, as the quest is so early in the narrative. Rest assured that we are still working on a fix, however, if you'd like to progress further in the meantime, restarting and replaying up until the same point may be quicker for you."

• El_Mattiaso
    55 posts

@bigbadbison Precisely. The quick fix is to restart the game with 1.02 installed.

• kris_dobo
    1 posts

This is honestly embarrassing. 9 hours wasted because [censored] can’t code a game properly. And the “fix” isn’t a fix. It’s a [censored] you to people who bought the game day one and had to find out it’s broken by browsing forums. There has been no official statement. Nothing on social media. They’re just sweeping it under the rug because they don’t want to draw attention to the fact that they released a broken game. They have our money now. They don’t care. They’ll fix it when they can be bothered (if they ever do). It’s a joke. It’s not the gamers fault we decided to explore first. Sorry you made an open world game. OPEN world. We should just expect your game to be broken and follow the program instead? Guess I paid £50 for a broken game that doesn’t let you open world until they want you to. And won’t advertise that fact either.

• poonyhooman
    8 posts

@el_mattiaso

that’s not an ETA on a patch, and it’s days old. You’re missing my point.

• Peanut42787
    1 posts

Does this work causes I’ve started the game a couple times and it still won’t go to the cutscene. I’m getting very frustrated.

• TJSholler
    1 posts

Happening to me as well. I don’t want to uninstall because I already have about 6 hours logged.

• switzerblitzer
    2 posts

@peanut42787 I've done the same. Did not work. Very disappointed.

• Plexmansky
    1 posts

Heads up guys, just:

1. delete the game,
    2. install a new one,
    3. disconnect from the internet (to prevent the update)
    4. start a new game
    5. you are good to go.

Hope they will fix this in the future, I love the story. No offense but Ubisoft is so lame, my password manager doesnt even recognize the password type field in the login modal of this website 🤦🏻♂️ C’mon son..

• El_Mattiaso
    55 posts

@poonyhooman They will not fix the bug faster just because you say so, I'm afraid. Like I said, they're working on it and they've posted a statement about it. We're all annoyed. I was furious when I first encountered the bug, but luckily there is a workaround. But yes, an update shouldn't break the game, but it did. All we can do now is wait or restart the game.

• Ducknuts1
    5 posts

This works altho' it hurt dumping 18 hours! Go to settings on your PS4 and delete all Valhalla game files. Then start a new game on 1.02 and do no sidequests until you get the Seer's mission. Do that first an lo' and behold, everything's back to normal! Good luck!

• Ducknuts1
    5 posts

@peanut42787
    You have to go to your PS4 settings and delete all Valhalla save game files from the registry. Then, start a new game on 1.02 and do nothing extra until you get the Seer's quest, then do that first. Painful but it works!

• Ducknuts1
    5 posts

@switzerblitzer ... go to PS4 settings and find Valhalla under Application Saved Data management and delete all save game files. Then start a new game and do nothing but the first quest. I didn't even loot. When the Seer's quest pops, do that first! All's good after that!

• Ducknuts1
    5 posts

@tjsholler I lost 18 hours. I had nothing left to do, all points of interest completed and I couldn't sit around waiting for a possible patch. Deleting files from PS4 settings and starting a new game on 1.02 fixed it!

• TheCosmicBob
    76 posts

I got the game today from Game Stop (was supposed to be here on Tuesday, but no). I installed and started the game. Then during the first part the updated comes through, this happened all the time with Odyssey and Origins, so no big deal.

Got to the Seer's Solace and after much flailing trying to find the vaguly described Valka's Hut, no cutscene, no nothing.

I thought maybe I was had not completed some other parts, so I went back to the village and did a few more things. And then I looked on the internet and the forums and discovered that this is a gigantic bug.

Seriously? A supposedly A+ game sends out an update and this happens? Was the whole QA team drunk?

Fortunately, I only put about three hours in to it and so I am bailing for now until they fix this. If I have to restart, I will, but I don't want to.

I can go back to Dragon Age: Inquisition, which I haven't finished anyway. Or back to Odyssey and do some dumb quest for yuks.

Ubisoft, this is a very bad look. You've had a week to fix it since it was first reported on these forums.

• switzerblitzer
    2 posts

@ducknuts1 I just did that, then deleted all the continuation and game save data from the game load window. Hopefully that fixes it. Thanks for the feedback.

• Grim_Reaper_15
    5 posts

@el_mattiaso did you do the side activites after restarting the game on 1.0.2 and then do the seer's solace or did you directly go to the seer's solace without doing anything else?

• abose21
    1 posts

So is there any idea when this bug is going to be fixed? I’ve done everything in the area but can’t proceed any further until I do this quest. Please fix this soon. I don’t want to start over

• BiscuitPup
    1 posts

I too am having this issue, can you please give us a patch or realistic solution Ubisoft? I'm close to seeking a refund.

• Mic10is
    1 posts

I have 20+ hours into the game. Completed every possible thing you can do bc Seer Solace would not load.

I really wanted to play the game, so I loaded one of my daughters profiles and played on her account.
    Started using 1.0.2
    Completed first task. Went straight to fornburg.
    Got mission
    Went straight to Valka
    Competed it.
    Completed family matters right after.
    So far story seems to progress normally.

I haven't done anything else.

No raids. No upgrades. No wealth hunting. No encounters
    Nothing.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll try and start working my way back to where I was in my account.

• Jay-Moe313
    4 posts

Well this is totally new for me..... This is the first time a game doesn't work for me and I thought I did something wrong?!?!?! Come to find out there is a bug/patch that caused all this.. I really hope "ALL" of us who have commented on this get some type of compensation such as the season pass if you didn't purchase it... Its been days now and no one from Ubisoft has said anything, which is very concerning. I understand that a bug/patch could mess up a game, but come out and say something. I own "EVERY SINGLE" Assasin's Creed game that has come out and loved every single one of them!!! However this has totally upset me and they've lost a customer due to their silence. "MAKE THIS RIGHT"!!!!

Suggested Topics