ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• fwhite0508
    1 posts

I still cannot start seers solace quest on Xbox one you released an answer for ps4 what about Xbox I ain’t starting over I will quit and never play Ubisoft game again first fix this immediately and beta testers are useless to not see this problem

• MadnessReigns33
    21 posts

@automattic333 Have the same issue with the fast travel point not working. Hotfix put out to remedy the "A Seer's Solace" bug didn't resolve the issue

• Ubi-MrM
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3694 posts

@Amandamalli I'm very sorry, but I don't quite understand what you're referring to. Could you please clarify in a thread of your own, as it doesn't sound like the issue is related to the topic of this thread? (You also mentioned Bungie - they are a separate game developer, and we are not affiliated with them in any way. If your issue is with a non-Ubisoft game, please make sure you're contacting the right people! 😄)

@fwhite0508 Could you please clarify the specific issue you are having with A Seer's Solace in a separate thread, as this thread is specifically for the issue where the quest could not be completed, not that it could not be started? Depending on when you started playing however (pre or post the first update) restarting the game at this early stage may be worth a try.

@MadnessReigns33 Can you please confirm if this is the exact same fast travel spot near Valka's hut? If so, could you start a separate thread for this issue please?

Official Response
  • UbiKoality
    448 posts

@lansdell_ Hey there! I apologize for this inconvenience. This was previously a known bug that the development team was investigating, but it should now be resolved at this time. They recommend completely closing out the game before launching again, and they highly suggest immediately completing the quest upon launching your save. Please let me know if you're still having trouble with it afterward!

• mnovember
    2 posts

It’s not that the mission won't load it's that the cutscene won't load. Once you obtain the blade you follow your brother to stand on the end of a dock like an idiot. If you attempt to leave the town, you are pulled back. That means no more side missions. [PS4]

There has been rumour of a server-side patch but that isn't an update from the @support team. If it's server-side perhaps it takes time to propagate which may account for some peoples ’Contra’ style conjuring of solutions.

Could the support admin jump in and stop the speculation please?

• mnovember
    2 posts

@ubi-spud, can you comment on the ’server side patch’ rumour?

• Xycin
    1 posts

@radar155
    I did around 1 am ☠️ to do the work around, lol. If it works when I get home from work...I won't even be upset.

• S_A_P_I_
    1 posts

@bbevem Can't believe I didn't try this earlier, it worked!!
    Thank you!!!

Note when trying this, make sure to "load game" and not "continue"

• SuperRob24
    6 posts

@ubi-woofer we tried the solution of completely closing the game restarting the PS4 and the mission would not allow completion

• CoryRay
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer Didn’t work for me.

• TheOilPlug
    7 posts

@amandamalli thanks a lot man have a great week.

• Nojja_
    1 posts

I restarted everything, searched for updates and found nothing. Still can't do the quest...

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 796 posts

@steinkauz-99 Thank you for getting back to us.

Is Ubisoft Connect installed on the same drive as the game as well?

What are your system specifications?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 796 posts

@ravingmad2 Thank you for getting back to us.

In terms of the selecting a Character, make sure that you have Hold Alternative disabled in the control settings as this can cause you to be unable to select them.

In terms of the Quest, it's the issue with the other Quest, Seers Solace? When you mention someone not being in the hut.

Official Response
  • Steinkauz-99
    4 posts

@ubi-baron

yes the ubisoft connect is on the same drive as the game.

I have a Omen Pc with windows 10, 2080Ti nvidia graphics card, 32GB Ram, Intel I7

that should not be the problem.

• Steinkauz-99
    4 posts

@ubi-baron

It works!! My Anti Malware software was the problem.

thanks for the support.

• Ubi-MrM
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3694 posts

I'm sorry to hear that issues persist for you, SuperRob24, CoryRay and Nojja_. Can you all please confirm whether you originally started the mission prior to the 1.0.2 (Day 1) patch, or after?

This hotfix appears to have fixed the issue for the majority of players, but if you're still having trouble, I'll report this forward and make sure that the devs are aware. It would be helpful if you could also confirm the exact model of PS4 (or other console) you are using to play, or your PC specs if on PC.

Official Response
  • Mirmidonas74
    28 posts

@ubi-woofer I am not sure if the server fixed the issue or not, but what I ve done on my playstation 4 about 3 days ago was the following: 1) When the Seer was not talking to me in the Hut (although I have done everything correctly), I carried on with Mysteries solving and Artefacts hunting for a couple of hours. 2) Returned outside of the hut and then saved the game. 3) logged out of the game, turned off the ps4 and REMOVED the dvd of Valhalla. 3) Turned on the ps4 and tried to start the game. 4) The system prompted me to enter the DVD and I did. It took a bit longer than usual to load the game and when it loaded....5) Voila! The quest icon appeared in the Seer's Hut and completed it.

• MadnessReigns33
    21 posts

@ubi-woofer Thanks for responding. I already have a thread on the issue titled "Fast Travel point not working" up on the forums. It is indeed the same fast travel spot near Valka's Hut

• TheReignStorm
    18 posts

I still cannot get anyone to appear for this mystery and it remains active. I've made sure to follow the steps and nothing works. I have 16 hours in the game already and zero desire to restart if it can't be fixed, I'll just shelve the game for six months and possibly come back then.

(I bought Origins six months after release and it was nearly flawless for me, not to mention a great price! Odyssey at launch was riddled with issues - although I did love it. With the dev time devoted to Valhalla, I figured most things would be minor but not being able to play a side mission is pretty major IMO. I'm not trying to be rude but it's beyond frustrating when a "fix" has been rolled out, considered resolved and the topic locked. Either way, I think my lesson here is to stop AC day one purchases.)

Thanks in advance.

Suggested Topics