Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Hempzinator
    2 posts

If I do the restart and complete the seers queest. Can i do side quest and exploring after that or is it just main quest?

• fireinthesoul
    18 posts

@maitiumacfaolch na, I updated to the patch before I started playing.

• Ofortier
    1 posts

I've got the same problem on PS4. The cutscene won't start. I expect a patch very very soon otherwise I'll get a refund.

• Nephilios1
    1 posts

Anyone still waiting for the patch wanting to keep the progress?

• bgkang0818
    2 posts

The same goes for me

• mythking17
    6 posts

@nephilios1 Practically everyone on the PS4 is waiting for Ubisoft to do their damn job and fix this bug

• abcghi123789
    12 posts

@nephilios1
    Here. But they wrote elsewhere that there is not ETA for the patch, so I guess I'll give up tonight..

• Takonic
    4 posts

@abcghi123789 this should not even have been a thing for a day one patch. Broken ai, i get it..but this is literally the earliest progression halt..how do you not expect someone to pick it up after work, then just run into a wall immediately.

• fireinthesoul
    18 posts

@guitrento I wasted days waiting for the patch, did so many missions I really didnt wanna start again. Was worth it though, just to see the seers scene finally haha
    It's a pain in the neck but I've had no problems since I did and catching up wasnt too bad. Game seemed to run better after
    Hopefully ubisoft will throw us some loot for lost time.

• ljbean
    8 posts

@marc5916 I should probably know this by now.. but how do I go offline? lmao sorry total idiot question

• FunbagsOfSatan
    26 posts

I got abused by people on this forum for doing the right thing and reporting this bug early as I received the game early. I was accused of "bragging" and "spoiling" the game. Now look where we are. Everyone is up the fjords without a paddle literally. And I was the first to send them a video of the bug trying to get this resolved asap. They have watched it 5 times since Friday US time according to the view count fyi.

• Fa11OutBoy1998
    1 posts

I'm just doing side missions and exploring waiting for the patch to come. I'm playing on PS4 so hopefully it will come soon. I understand there will be teething problems but I didnt expect it to be this early for the game. I think Free DLC or a large amount of helix points would do the trick in compensation. I've been hault by this mission for nearly 8 hours. Hopefully I wont have to start again otherwise I will be getting a refund and not picking the game up again.

• El_Mattiaso
    55 posts

@ljbean Yup. Just delete your save files and start over. 😊 And no, there is no need to uninstall/reinstall the game. As long as you start the game with 1.02 installed you should be fine.

• El_Mattiaso
    55 posts

@mythking17 Just delete your savefiles and restart the game with 1.02 installed. It works.

• Malahidael85
    1 posts

I've played games from ubisoft for many years and each time must have a bug or something is not working, still i play alsi Assassins Creed Odissey. I love that is way long and each time come something new adventure in games but o was expecting that for how much praise ubisoft Assassins Creed Valhalla not to habe any bugs. TOO DISSAPOINTING.......EACH YEAR UBISOFT !

• mythking17
    6 posts

@el_mattiaso If I do that can I still explore or do I just have to do the main missions

• FunbagsOfSatan
    26 posts

Everyone keep posting in this thread and sharing your very real sentiments about returning the game. If you know someone else with the bug urge them to also post here. The more people and the more posts the more likely the pressure and possible negative press about the worst Ubisoft bug I have seen for a brand new title (well apart from me not having access to the entire season pass for watch dogs legion), the more likely they are to pull their antler horns out of their behinds.

• TheWurstGuy85
    1 posts

Before Valhalla I hadn’t bought an AC game on day one since Unity and we all know how that turned out but slowly my faith in Ubi returned though Origins and Odyssey and I thought what’s the worst that can happen...

if only they could confirm a timeframe for the fix so we would actually know whether or not deleting our save would be worthwhile I don’t want to delete 5 hours of time for the patch to be here later today

• cruiserxd
    1 posts

Has another tried doing this?
    This article mentions that you can prevent the progression bug by not actually completing the mission until it gets fixed and complete the other missions such as archery, a dice game, drinking competition, flying, etc.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 704 posts

@orii_gami Hey, we are aware of this issue and it will be addressed in a future update, sorry for any frustration caused! The current workaround is to delete, and reinstall the game, then complete the quest before updating the game to 1.02.

Official Response

Suggested Topics