ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 855 posts

Hey there,

Thank you for your update,

It is great to hear that after some time you were able to complete this.

If ever there is anything else we can help with just let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 855 posts

Hey @edflinkinp

Sorry to hear you also encounter trouble.

If at all possible can you please update us as to which platform(s) you are playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla on, how you acquired the quest, and if you can find the initial letter in the mailbox in Eivor's room? Can you also please tell me whether you have reinstalled the game as part of your troubleshooting?

If you had started the questline but it vanished, can you remember on which objective it disappeared?

Many thanks

Official Response
  • JeraTheSerb
    2 posts

Hi there,

The same problem, playing on PC, no intel letter. The quest showed up, on the way there I went and killed one of the "sisters", but when I was done with that, the quest for Beowulf disappeared.

• phobi666
    13 posts

I had a similar bug with the beowulf quest that would not continue after a certain point. I fixed it by changing Eivors gender. Have you tried that?

• JeraTheSerb
    2 posts

Update

The quest will reappear when the main story quest for a region is completed (full questline), but if I save and reload (after completing the quest) it will disappear again. Loading to a point before the last quest in the questline and finishing it again starts the Beowulf quest again.

• phobi666
    13 posts

@jeratheserb yeah but you can't complete all the parts of it. at least i cant. i could complete part 1 and 2 with changing gender but part 3 never starts for me.
    all the time i never had the quest in my quest log.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2162 posts

Hello Vikings,

Thank you for your updates!

I just checked this issue with the development team and I can see that it will be resolved with a future update. Once the resolution is deployed, we will let everyone know through the patch notes.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • Rain247fire
    1 posts

@ubi-mark Thank you for letting us know! (Re: mine- PS4, I managed to pick it up when it reappeared, then it disappeared from my quest log and won't restart.)

• jmr_carvalho
    5 posts

@ubi-mark Thanks for the feedback. I also have the same issue: I finished all the main game and both DLCs, and after checking the Beowulf quest letter in the longhouse, I exited the game without starting the quest. When I got back in the next day, the quest was gone. Oddly enough, if I return to the longhouse, Eivor says that there's a new letter but I get no way to click in the box and get the quest back (assuming it's the Beowulf quest letter again). Reloading a previous save doesn't solve the problem.

• azullFR
    2036 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2162 posts

Hello Vikings,

Thank you for your updates!

As the team is working on a permanent fix to be deployed with a future update, can you please confirm if this temporary workaround works for you?

• Can you please let us know if you have the Ubisoft Connect overlay enabled or disabled (PC)? If you have disabled it, please can you try enabling it again? Once it's been enabled, please access the overlay in-game via the main game menu to see if this triggers the quests to reappear in-game for you.
    • If you play in online mode, please can you switch to offline mode to see if this triggers the quests to appear in-game for you?

Many thanks!

Official Response
  • ArsirusUK
    1 posts

@ubi-mark
    Having the same problem on Series X.
    Noticed the DLC was installed on my external, not on the internal. Moved everything over and now the quest is missing. Also it's not visable from the Dashboard, you have to go into Gamepass to re-install it.

Had started the quest from the Longhouse mailbox.
    Now it's not appearing in my journal. The Quest was definitely there previously. Because I noticed the icon is missing, but it wasn't yesterday. Before I moved around my installs, to the correct location.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

@arsirusuk If you play in online mode, please can you switch to offline mode to see if this triggers the quests to appear in-game for you? And any change if you go back online after this?

Official Response

Suggested Topics