Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Karahus
    Original poster 14 posts

Hello, I am writing through a translator! Sorry for mistakes.
    Dear Ubisoft, please explain what is the point of pre-ordering if it does not give you an advantage to start the game earlier. Thus, you can buy the game any day, even after the release. By giving streamers early access, you were showing disrespect to your other users. Now YouTube and Twitch are full of passages of the game, you know how offensive it is when you realize that for developers to respect their consumers is the last thing.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Deathsnap198
    18 posts

@karahus I agree but its so they get more people to buy the game. Your probably wont get a response tbh.

• Karahus
    Original poster 14 posts

@deathsnap198
    I understand this perfectly well, the main thing is money, but they must understand that with such an attitude, no one will want to make pre-orders.

• Deathsnap198
    18 posts

@karahus I think they will lose alot of money because how they are being with early access to streamers/youtubers and allowing them to show the full game before release.

• R_a_p_i_e_r
    2 posts

@karahus If you preorder you get a bonus mission not available if purchase the game after launch and also a pre-order discount (for Ultimate at least). It is a "preorder exclusive" even if in the past I saw such "exclusive" things being added to the game later. For now tho, that is it...

• Karahus
    Original poster 14 posts

@r_a_p_i_e_r

I'm not sure that this mission will disappear after the release, in the Odyssey it seems like it remained.

• Panheimer_
    3 posts

@r_a_p_i_e_r Problem is that u can buy that stuffs in the ingame shop...

• ba5em3nt
    2 posts

@karahus
    Same here... I've preorder a digital Version via xbox store. All player how order the physical edition can play today... pls ubisoft unlock the digital preorder codes.

• Moonmoonshuman
    9 posts

@ba5em3nt I'm upset for your situation, but not everyone who ordered physical can play yet. Some have even said they didn't get a code or their code wasn't correct/usable. I ordered physical and have yet to receive a single email update about the status of my preorder, other than my order confirmation email from back in April. I sincerely hope they do things differently in the future with game releases.

• longjohn119
    775 posts

@karahus The meaning of pre-order - Ordering a game before it is released

That's the only meaning ......

• longjohn119
    775 posts
    @karahus I think they will lose alot of money because how they are being with early access to streamers/youtubers and allowing them to show the full game before release.

Actually they won't ..... They wouldn't do it if there wasn't a payback ..... Game companies wouldn't sponsor streamers to the tune of millions of dollars if they didn't get something back in return ..... Giving select Streamers early access is one of the most cost effective ways of advertising/promoting a new game ...... If it wasn't EVERYONE wouldn't be doing it .... It's not just Ubisoft, pretty much ALL developers are doing this now

Just like reviewers getting early access to Xbox Series X and PS5 consoles .... just like reviewers get early access to Nvidia graphics and and AMD CPUs ...... It' been done that way for decades the only real difference is you now have more independent media on places like YouTube rather than just the gaming magazines getting early access because it's a proven form of advertising/marketing

• ba5em3nt
    2 posts

@guest-03zhe3gh
    Thanks for ur answer, i mean the physical Version with CD were can buy in e-shops or offical trader. I have seen many posts in social Media who have his preorder Copy in hands and can play it allready... In future i dont want preorder a digital Version of a game, when this is so unfairly distributed...

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@karahus They also made the mission available using Ubisoft club points.

• DARCADlAN
    19 posts

@longjohn119 Same could be said for the people who pre ordered and got early access. There's plenty of streamers who pre ordered but just don't have as many followers. Why not just let the people who preordered get the game early along with the streamers. There is actually an upside to letting people who preordered get early access, there would be more streamers. Showing favoritism to select streamers probably makes more people mad about having to watch someone else play the game and spoil things.

• OxIdOAC
    28 posts

@karahus 1st timer, eh? Good, you'll learn to know your place soon...
    This preorder thing is over a 2 decades old, and in those days of old not everyone can play the game on the day of the release, so gamers tend to preorder the game so they can play on release day. Others would have to wait a few days or maybe weeks before they can grab a copy of the game in their local stores. Later they add preorder bonuses and discounts if you buy ultimate versions or any form of collectable versions, which are very limited.
    Steam was not always here, it was released in 2003, and before Steam, you could only buy games in local stores or poreorder from Gamestop or Amazon.
    You can read more if you want here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-order

Have fun

• DARCADlAN
    19 posts

@oxidoac Old days are over, there isn't a limited supply to have to preorder anymore it's almost all digital now so unlimited supply. There wasn't streamers back then to give the game to or pay to play for advertisement. As you said steam didn't come out until 2003, well streamers didn't exist back then either. We already bought the game why not let us play at the same time as the streamers? There is no downside to it if anything it is free advertisement to those who haven't preordered. Why let a select few play before anyone else who already paid for the game? I understand why they give streamers the game and or pay them from the marketing standpoint but all that has no effect on those who have already paid to play.

• Jesters31
    4 posts

whoever has their pre-order physical copy already, congrats to you. 2 hrs from midnight (est) and i don't even have my physical copy yet. first time pre-ordering a game, and im actually mad that i don't have it for midnight release for my xbox one. spent 212 dollars and i can't play it.

• LiQuiDM3tH69
    9 posts

@oxidoac u seem to be the only one that gets it , lol . its just on old tradition that doesn't come with anything more than the satisfaction of knowing u have a copy to play. i remember preordering Mortal Kombat on Snes and they let the copies go at 1201am and anyone not able to grab a copy or pre ordered they had to wait weeks to get a copy. kids are so entitled today they think they should get a reward for a preorder when they actually getting a privileges in being able to order early...

• OxIdOAC
    28 posts

@liquidm3th69 Kids, what can i say... I was a kid once, 30+ years ago, so i understand them, young don't know [censored], thinks they know everything... They'll learn...

• Ge0rge321123
    4 posts

@karahus %100 AGREE

Suggested Topics