Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • MLR_SPARCO
    6 posts

@sacrede5150 You do realize Ninja doesn’t just play Fortnite right? Sea of Thieves sky rocketed in popularity because of him and other big streamers like him,Microsoft also paid him millions to stream exclusively on their platform (Mixer) now why do you think that is? Because they certainly wouldn't be giving him money if he didn't produce results and the devs wouldn't be giving him and others early access to games for no reason either so streamers clearly serve a purpose whether its for sales or exposure.

If you think people aren't buying this and other games simply because their favorite content creator is playing it you're crazy.

• larrykop1967
    65 posts

@sacrede5150

They are playing the whole full release version of the game for a start and they are fans/consumers not dev's who will be biased showing off earlier builds of just little clips etc. i'm not seeing your point here and yes, youtube marketing does work that way, and 17 million views is good for the game isnt it!, people kept watching and might buy it.

• sacrede5150
    Original poster 12 posts

You guys could literally just do your own research and realize how ridiculous you are sounding at the moment.

There are Tubers/Streamers with LESS THAN 1000 subs (I hate to see anyone misinformed due to not looking up info that is CLEARLY present, so the total number is 47 and out of those 47 only 2 managed 1k-3k views on 2 day old videos) with the game as a early access key.

• Netspook
    261 posts

@sacrede5150
    Being a lead marketing agent for a security firm, makes you an expert in marketing games?

Lol...

• MLR_SPARCO
    6 posts

@deathsnap198 Unfortunately that's not up to you that's up to the creators to decide whether they want their game online prior to the release date,I'm not sure if you know this but this isn't the only game that allows content to be streamed or uploaded prior to its release,its all a marketing strategy to bring more people to the game and those "normal people" are their target. They know the fans will buy the game it's everyone else that's the target of these early access streams and videos and ofcourse there's a risk that many won't like it but they also realize it'll also convince people to buy it.

As for those random non streamer/youtubers getting the game early, a lot of that is unfortunately mishaps with shipping and shelf stocking. Amazon accidentally delivers games early all the time as well as target and Walmart. Mom and Pop shops will also put out games early sometimes aswell,that's just how it is there's really no stopping that.

• larrykop1967
    65 posts

@sacrede5150

I already pre ordered the game long before the streams, i didn't watch for research, i watched because i'm a fan of the game and i'm looking forward to playing it, who cares how many subs they have, so you want to play the game at the same time as the streamers basically or play it as soon as possible, yeah we all do but your going a little ott about it.

• DARCADlAN
    19 posts

@mlr_sparco Same could be said for the people who pre ordered and got early access. There's plenty of streamers who pre ordered but just don't have as many followers. Why not just let the people who preordered get the game early along with the streamers. There is actually an upside to letting people who preordered get early access, there would be more streamers. Showing favoritism to select streamers probably makes more people mad about having to watch someone else play the game and spoil things.

• DARCADlAN
    19 posts

@larrykop1967 Its free advertisement to people who haven't bought the game. Why not go ahead and let the people who preordered play the game as well. We already bought the game so its not like its gonna hurt sales if anything it means more people are streaming therefore even more advertisement.

• DARCADlAN
    19 posts

@mlr_sparco It's free advertisement to people who haven't bought the game if they let preorders play as early as the big streamers.. Why not go ahead and let the people who preordered play the game as well. We already bought the game so its not like its gonna hurt sales if anything it means more people are streaming therefore even more advertisement.

• larrykop1967
    65 posts

@darcadlan

Yeah, no argument here, i pre ordered the game so i would get to play early, i'm not arguing against that, but it doesn't make me complain either because i didn't get it, companies don't care about customers they care about profit, any gamer should know that by now and youtubers actually playing the game is a better advertisement than official PR, media, as we all know they lie to sell a product, so i get why they have done it.

• sacrede5150
    Original poster 12 posts

@larrykop1967 Yes! THIS! EXACTLY THIS!

I don't know how old you are, but I come from an era where WE (the gamers) were the advertisements. We used to get FREE demo of the game and be able to play the first 40-60 minutes of content and make a decision based on that on whether we wanted to buy it or not. The people defending this type of practice is the VERY reason things are the way they are today. Everyone is to quick to forgive/forget. WE are the profit. Game developers would be NOTHING without gamers buying/playing their games.

But some studios just don't care anymore. Prime example is the recent sonic movie. The directors understood who THEIR profit was and made the correct changes and potentially saved what was about to be a instant crash. There is absolutely zero reasons we can't make a change happen. But everyone needs to stop trying to argue 1 side of the argument and realize we are the gamers that fuel these companies profit margins.

• sacrede5150
    Original poster 12 posts

Most streamers/tubers are already 8+ hours DEEP into content. This isn't just about a early access given to them to promote stuff. Nividia/Intel/AMD gives out early chipset access to YouTubers for REVIEW purposes. Allowing said person to provide benchmarks and results and product reviews so more people buy the product. That is 100% ok. They aren't sitting around bragging about how AWESOME their 3090 is in their personal rig when many others can't even find a store that has one in stock, they put it on their test bench, fired out some data for us, and made us want one even more.

This is completely different with how developers handle games as of late. Its the players who provide the feedback, who discover the bugs/glitches and report them making for a cleaner gaming experience.

But I digress. There is 2 sides to this argument. And this was just 1 side. Albeit the MAIN side, its the less argued side and that should change or we will never see the day and age of gaming access be fair and equal as it used to be. For the most part, with a lot of game devs it is, just not with companies like Ubisoft or EA to name a few.

• larrykop1967
    65 posts

@sacrede5150

I am an older gamer,I started in the early 90's, and we are no longer the advertiser's anymore, just the customer's, especially after all the monetization's that have happened in the last few years and even longer, that's the point i'm making, loyalty counts for nothing now, these are multi billion's making profit driven companies so it's no use expecting them to care about anything else, which is why letting youtubers and streamers play the game early makes business sense to me, gamers are going to believe what they see above what these companies say and show, and they already have our money because we pre ordered so we don't matter now, it's marketing. i just don't let it upset me now, i've accepted the way it is and all i can do is keep my money to myself if i don't like it, but i want to play Valhalla.

• Monkeydunkyy
    1 posts

They seem to be giving out early access to every person with an interest in Ubisoft games and a Youtube channel. Its seriously annoying, But oh well only 2days to go!..

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics