Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Watch Dog's legion bad lauch has me seriously worried for Valhalla's performance. (My worries are confirmed)

2 Likes/5 Replies/40 Views
    SoulBrotherNr3
    Original poster 17 posts

Having buyers remorse on the terrible performance of Legion. Valhalla has me seriously worried to the point i'm waiting on third party reviews (not sponsored ) to see what's up.
    Before the hate come's over me just wanted to say be warned guys...

EDIT:
    Just finished watching some benchmarks of guys who got it early.
    3090 with a i9 10900k barely holds 60 fps at 4k and gets 90 fps in 1080p . wow..
    The notorious volumetrics settings among other had little to no impact (2fps)

Another badly optimized game i'm afraid.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• JCar4327
    598 posts

I haven't PC gamed in a very long time, but I think this will be a non-issue for most people. I get it that PC players want that optimization, and that having it not meet with the expectation that it will be highly optimized will be a disappointment for them. As a console player, I would be concerned with issues that prevent the actual playing of the game like they had with Unity. Or issues with the game crashing often like they had with Odyssey. Those types of issues would give me pause, but a complaint at this point about fps when new consoles are being released is not a major issue in my opinion.

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@soulbrothernr3 I am a PC gamer myself and this is why I have decided to get a PS5 first instead of a 3070/5600x upgrade. Literally every single AAA title on PC has issues. It doesn't matter if you have a high end system.

• SoulBrotherNr3
    Original poster 17 posts

Fair points and I get what you're saying. But given legion has been having crashing , savedata corruption and so on on consoles is not good news either , not saying this is the case for AC as i dont know.

I've been playing on PC for many years now and most games i play run perfectly fine on my rig. Games that give me the most trouble tend to be from ubisoft.. It's not true at all that all AAA games on pc have optimization issues.

In any case people can do whatever they want, just wanted to get the info out if any one wanted to know.

Happy gaming đŸ˜‰

• MLR_SPARCO
    6 posts

Glad you made a post about it because I was going to,Legion's performance on PC is all over the place,but then again just about all of Ubi's games on PC aren't optimized well and I have no idea why,they go through the trouble of making their own client and release a big update on it,they create Ubi+ but for some reason they can't optimize their games.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics