Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Tasha-Soriah
    164 posts

@xrayspex_73 i hate to say this but firefox may be the problem, it never did like some forums from my experience lol. Try using chrome or better yet find the option "add to home screen" either one or both should fix the issue. If not then maybe someone else will have some ideas 🤔

• xrayspex_73
    Original poster 137 posts

@tasha-soriah
    Yeah Chrome works fine, but they should get their forums to work with all major browsers. I prefer the open-source Firefox over the data mining/stealing Google chrome browser.

The old forums were just fine with Firefox.

• WilderDK
    14 posts

Its flickering when get down in text "firefox", and you cant see new post, and yea it just plain ugly. change it back. this is not user friendly at all on PC the worst i ever have seen. UBI?? what Wrong?

You need to stop this and change it back to the old, NOW:

• xrayspex_73

@wilderdk

Yeah these forums are straight up broken in Firefox. Flickering scrolling, entire chunks don't load. You can't click on anything 90% of the time and have to F5 to get the page to respond again.

Ubi... you need to check your websites for browser compatibility. It's not like Firefox is some obscure barely used browser like Opera or some [censored]. It's one of the biggest browsers around and no one even bothered to check their forums on it...

• CdnTDog
    12 posts

I'm running the latest version of Firefox and always run into issues where things(like upvoting) that should be clickable aren't etc. Can you please test the new forum with Firefox. I pop over to Chrome and it seems to work ok, but I use Firefox as my main browser, so it would be great if the forum worked with it.

• cavveman
    75 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

This is my browsing experience browsing the forums on Firefox mobile for android version 83.1.0. Android 10, OnePlus 7T Pro.

• cavveman
    75 posts

@Ubi-Woofer
    Well, unfortunately the new forum goes from being bad to unusable for Firefox mobile android.
    Since a picture says more then 1000 words, a video should explain even more.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@xrayspex_73 - Hey there! Please accept my apologies that this thread wasn't responded to until now.

I believe we may have discussed these issues that you were experiencing with navigating Discussions in Firefox in another thread previously. Could you please let me know whether these issues are still ongoing for you at this time? If so, can you please tell me the version of Firefox you are using, and the type / model of device you're using as well?

Any supporting images or videos of the behaviour that you can provide would also be gratefully received, so that the forum developers can fully understand the nature of the issues. Thank you! 🙂

@WilderDK & @CdnTDog - As above, please allow me to apologise for the delay in our reply to you both as well! I merged your threads with this one about navigation troubles on Firefox, as it seems you both have had similar experiences - I hope that you don't mind. Would you be able to confirm whether these issues with navigation are still persisting for you, and if not, provide the same details I've requested from @xrayspex_73 above? Thanks!

Official Response
  • xrayspex_73

@ubi-woofer

They addressed the most egregious issues with Firefox a long time ago. It mostly works now, but I have just gotten in a habit of using chrome specifically for this forum so I can't speak on smaller issues. The flickering and other major issues are no longer present here.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Thank you for letting me know, @xrayspex_73! 🙂 If you do revert to using Firefox, and notice any other issues with the site, please document them here in this thread and I'll pass them forward for investigation by the forum developers.

If anyone else encounters any further issues with the site on Firefox, please do share them here as well. Thanks!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics