Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• thegardener25
    Original poster 157 posts

So I get it that the game starts out in Norway & moves onto the invasion/settlement of England. The recent DLC announcements expand the world to Dublin, Ireland. Then we're off to the siege in Paris (a decade or so after the events in the main game). That's fantastic. They've expanded the world in the game beyond 4 kingdoms in England. I'm particularly chuffed that Ireland has been included in the game, as the Norwegians were more active in the Northern & Western islands of Scotland & Ireland. In the Post Launch/Season Pass trailer, Dublin was described as "a buzzing trading metropolis"! "It was the largest slave market in western Europe", is another way of saying it! The Norwegians took female sex slaves from Scotland/Ireland to populate Iceland. So it would have been cool if ubisoft came out & announced that Scotland, Wales & Iceland would be locations we could visit in the game. I have no doubt that Scotland will feature. But to what extent? Just a 'trip' to a single island, or an excursion over a wall? They already announced that Hadrian's wall will feature, & there was a mention of Antonine's wall. Although it was only a mention, I've no idea if we can actually visit the location! Then of course no-one wants to talk about the 3rd wall (or is it 3rd & 4th wall) put up to protect the English from the Scots!

The Roman aspect that may come into the game is the reason for Hadrian's Wall being built in the first place. Was the 'Ninth Legion', or 'Legia IX Hispania'. A Legion of soldiers from Iberia. It's thought that they arrived in britain early on in the Roman invasion. They were attacked & suffered heavy losses during Boudicca's revolt. The Legion was then reinforced, they were stationed later at Lincoln, then built, & rebuilt the city of York. There are different theories as to what happened to the 9th Legion. They were hardened, elite soldiers, either 5,000, or 6,000 strong. They were either attacked around York & annihilated by northern tribes (unlikely), or they headed North & simply disappeared in the early 2nd century AD. But no one ever took credit for their demise. Anyhow, their disappearance is thought to be the reason why Hadrian's wall was built. To keep the Romans safe from the Picts!

Anyhow, I could go on, & I will add to this, but why so secretive about Scotland?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics