Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• N4ry4s
    Original poster 2 posts

Just want people to understand how cooked this is, to inform everyone, I have a bad computer, its an old laptop, but its bad, has a GTX 960, having a look at the minimum stats of Valhalla (link above), it says that my GPU is compatible, now I bring your attention to the top right box (of the link), with extra information, it says requires DX12. Upon doing dxdiag, I find that I do in fact have DX12, so I was quite surprised to see an error message on launch stating my graphics card is not compatible with DX12, being the now confused person that I am, I go to google "DX12 compatible graphics cards", scroll to the bottom of the page and find that the weakest of the DX12 compatible graphics cards is a 1060. Now I may not be the smartest in terms of hardware or really anything computer related, but to my limited knowledge a 1060 is actually "stronger" than a 960, and in actual fact if you look at Valhalla recommended specs it even says the 1060 is recommended, but in actual fact, you can't play this game unless you have at least a 1060.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Litten
    Ubisoft Support Staff 178 posts
    Best Answer

Thanks for providing this feedback, and apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

@n4ry4s - While I understand this may not be the response you were hoping for, in a lot of cases we are not able to directly support laptops due to potential hardware limitations. If you have tried our troubleshooting steps and are still unable to get this working, please feel free to contact our support teams with your system reports as shown at the bottom of that FAQ to see which other options may be available. The above information provided by Gomboc79 is also applicable, so please take this into account.

I'll lock this thread now, as your question has been answered, but please do not hesitate to open another thread in the future if needing further assistance. 🙂

Official Response
  • RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@n4ry4s I can't even launch the game. Says not yet released.

• GhostEagle95
    5 posts

My specs aren't that great but it should run on high or at least recommended yet its lagging so badly, my screen keeps glitching to black screen when i switch to low settings. Why's this more demanding than the specs they clarified.

• longjohn119
    617 posts

@n4ry4s Part of your problem is you don't have a GTX 960, you have a GTX 960M which is a slower cut down version of the desktop GTX 960 ...... The same is likely true with your CPU ...... With any sort of mobile (notebook) device you should figure you are at least 10% lower in performance from the desktop versions of the same CPU and GPU .....

• longjohn119
    617 posts

@longjohn119

GTX 960M = 640 Cuda cores

GTX 960 = 1024 Cuda cores

Or about 35% less power

• N4ry4s
    Original poster 2 posts

@longjohn119 Whilst this may be true and in my original post I mentioned checking nvidia site and finding that both a 960 and a 960m is not DX12 graphics cards, another site, geforce states they are
    Unsure which to listen to

• Gomboc79
    1 posts
    Requires GPU with DirectX 12 (Feature Level 12_0) support

960 -> GM206 GPU, second gen Maxwell, supports DirectX 12 (Feature Level 12_1)
    960M -> GM107 GPU, first gen Maxwell, supports DirectX 12 (Feature Level 11_0)

The 960M while supports the DX12 API it doesn't have the required feature level to run the game.

• Ubi-Litten
    Ubisoft Support Staff 178 posts
    Best Answer

Thanks for providing this feedback, and apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

@n4ry4s - While I understand this may not be the response you were hoping for, in a lot of cases we are not able to directly support laptops due to potential hardware limitations. If you have tried our troubleshooting steps and are still unable to get this working, please feel free to contact our support teams with your system reports as shown at the bottom of that FAQ to see which other options may be available. The above information provided by Gomboc79 is also applicable, so please take this into account.

I'll lock this thread now, as your question has been answered, but please do not hesitate to open another thread in the future if needing further assistance. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics